Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

1 hour ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Our fans are s***. but for some reason everyone thinks we're class because someone will capture a 15 second video of the entire ground singing "champions of England we know what we are" People expecting the players to dictate the atmosphere are nothing more than deluded and utter spoilt kids. Why should the players play well to entertain people if all they do is moan every time someone makes an honest mistake? You can argue it works both ways if you want the players to play we'll encourage them. Ironically the loudest noise yesterday was when king headed the ball out of defence and it went to an Everton shirt people were on his back instantly, support him sing his name, that's what demoralises a team. Unfortunately the mentality from our fans is not there. 

I know it was 'easy' last season but we backed them when we made mistakes last season, I think it's fair to say (And others have mentioned this in the past) we were at our loudest when we conceded and/or went behind last season.

Why? Because they fought, they gave it a go, gave it some bollocks, never gave up.

The best atmosphere so far this season? Man City, why? Yes again it was 'easy' because we won and won well but it was also because they were at it from the first whistle.

The last 1.5 season's i've always felt we've been in games even when losing, confident we could come back, this season if we go 1-0 down it's game over, sometimes even at 0-0 it's game over.

Yes we came back against Stoke but I feel it was only because we felt everything was going against us, the seige mentality came back and we proved people wrong. But again the fans responded to that.

It works both way and the last 1.5 seasons have proved to me the fans do need to take it upon themselves to push the players but at the same time the players do need to show that effort and fight and we as fans aren't getting that very often at the moment, you say it demoralises the team, well no effort and fight (And i'm not talking about 'pashun' here, fuck 'pashun') demoralises the fans, its creates the moan, groans and frustrations.

Both the players and fans need to have a hard look at themselves, wipe the slate clean and work together, except thats abit hard when it's clear to see the players aren't working together, moaning at each other and the fans are fighting amongst themselves.

Edited by Matt

Guest claude_leic

Stood at the back of SK1 yesterday for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we overcomplicate things by trying to insert "last 16" into some of our songs. We need to make our songs as easy and consistent as possible for our simple fanbase. 

As for the LTID chant, I left after the second goal and if this was a dig at supporters like me: I couldn't care less. I would have joined in if i had stayed. It's pretty inoffensive stuff. 

Hoping to go up to SK1 for a few more games. So much more enjoyable than watching the game in near silence in the west stand. 

13 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Get real, why should they perform if people moan, how about because it's their job, which they are paid money that most could only dream of.

If I was fortunate enough to be in their shoes, I would give 100 % every game, and if people get on at me if I do something wrong, I could live with it as I know I'm giving my all.

Can some of these players honestly say they are giving it their all.

Feel for king and albrighton at present, because neither are good enough at this level, and both out of form in a team out of form.

What a boss you would be to work for, if I kept making the same mistakes every time, I wouldn't get a bollocking, or get criticism, incase it stopped me wanting to do the job, but with that I would have no motivation not to make those mistakes. lol

Because a boss supports his workers to motivate them to thrive in the work place. As fans we currently aren't motivating the team enough.

9 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Because a boss supports his workers to motivate them to thrive in the work place. As fans we currently aren't motivating the team enough.

A boss is paid to be there and motivate. Are the owners gonna start paying us?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Sick of going around in circles with this, the players and fans have responsibilities, the players need to turn up and perform, the fans will back them.

There is nothing in these inept performances to get fans off their seats, and rally.

Just the same lacklustre performances and hit and hope long balls, if the players are lacklustre, so will the fans.

We know what these players can do, and they need a kick up the arse, not pandering to their ego's.

These are highly paid professionals, who should be motivated to win, wether the crowd makes a noise or not.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, claude_leic said:

Stood at the back of SK1 yesterday for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we overcomplicate things by trying to insert "last 16" into some of our songs. We need to make our songs as easy and consistent as possible for our simple fanbase. 

As for the LTID chant, I left after the second goal and if this was a dig at supporters like me: I couldn't care less. I would have joined in if i had stayed. It's pretty inoffensive stuff. 

Hoping to go up to SK1 for a few more games. So much more enjoyable than watching the game in near silence in the west stand. 

Glad you enjoyed it mate!

12 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Hmmmm a boss will only motivate worker so much, ultimately if they continue making mistakes and not performing they would be sacked and replaced.

Obviously that doesn't happen in football, we all know that.

The players know we're there and will respond when they give it some effort and interest at the moment what is there to be positive about, I try and use my anger and frustation in a positive way, but it starting to dwindle now.

If you ask me, Union FS setting up in that corner was a stupid idea.

The best way to have a good atmosphere is to have all of the vocal support in one place. 

As it is we've got pockets of fans in that corner, pockets in the kop, and the section in L/K who are all pretty underwhelming and quiet.

Let's be honest though. English football grounds are all absolutely shit when compared to pretty much every other country in the world that has football teams. It's not a Leicester problem, it's a national problem.

• Like 1

Marc Albrighton:

"It was tough. We were a bit flat, there weren't enough umph about the place. It was flat and we need to do something about that to make the fans make some noise.

"We need to be the ones to start it off and we didn't do that."

Talk's cheap Marc but atleast you have noticed it and recognise it. :thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

If you ask me, Union FS setting up in that corner was a stupid idea.

The best way to have a good atmosphere is to have all of the vocal support in one place. 

As it is we've got pockets of fans in that corner, pockets in the kop, and the section in L/K who are all pretty underwhelming and quiet.

Let's be honest though. English football grounds are all absolutely shit when compared to pretty much every other country in the world that has football teams. It's not a Leicester problem, it's a national problem.

What choice did they have, to get a group in one place it was the only place they could get enough seats for people to relocate in one area as it wasn't sold with years of season ticket holders.

• Like 1

It was so quiet on my stream. You could hear the players at times. What's up with you lot at the games?  Where's the siege mentality? For Boxing Day games you should be in raucous mood, full of food and booze, and encouraged by the Stoke fight back.

there must be thousands of oldies like me who have not been able to get tickets over the past 2 seasons who wish they could get to see a game live and would sing their little hearts out all game !

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, old koppite said:

there must be thousands of oldies like me who have not been able to get tickets over the past 2 seasons who wish they could get to see a game live and would sing their little hearts out all game !

Don't use that old chestnut for an excuse not to go, you can get tickets for almost every game home and away this season.

So you will have to come up with something more original for not attending now.

• Like 4

Still no coincidence our form changed with the noise at the kp?

Even away at stoke was by far the noisiest game  this season away.We got a point.

Yes I get the 'play well' we will back you.. but as fans we need to do more!!  

L1 has been awful this season. 

As 'Fanatics' can we not be 

Positive .

Not Fickle . FFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Don't use that old chestnut for an excuse not to go, you can get tickets for almost every game home and away this season.

So you will have to come up with something more original for not attending now.

Ah you've found us out!

And I thought we'd sold out every home game, and maybe away?  My last away game was Norwich last season- great day great singing ( and no drum needed). 

Before that , Ipswich away and Millwall away- both  freezing, both defeats and we didn't score- orrible days. 

23 hours ago, claude_leic said:

Hoping to go up to SK1 for a few more games. So much more enjoyable than watching the game in near silence in the west stand

Borrowed someones ST to go Everton game unfortunately it was in the west stand, thought ah well that's better then nothing, after sitting there perhaps nothing would've been better. Topped off by one bloke with his kids kicking off at someone for swearing, I sort of get that argument in the family stand thats why it exists etc but **** sake if you're taking you're kid to football you have to expect to hear bad language

Fans pay £30+ for a ticket and have to watch dross each week. Atmosphere is bound to suffer.

It says enough about our atmosphere to have to pay each week to supply clappers just to encourage people to clap and make noise.

Edited by adejo92

The noise levels are dropping because the fans have lost confidence in the team.

Noise is still made but begins to fade when you watch uncoordinated tap, tap hoof football that even has the players arguing at times.

We really have gone backwards over the course of this season and the more I think about it, the less likely it is that we will turn this around.

Unless things change we will be in the bottom three in January.