Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

INLER BACK OF THE NET - Signs a 3 year deal.

If you've followed all the news in the past few weeks and the time it took to get this sorted, I doubt it was an easy decision in many aspects. Leaving Napoli after four years where he's amassed quite a fanbase and after all he's achieved must've been tough, I sense this is the time for a new chapter in his sportive CV.

He's got the support of the manager and will take over a lot of responsibility, something he thrives on.

With Inler, you get a very dedicated professional who'll work his socks off, add grit and determination and he'll act as an integral part of the squad. He's a (quiet) leader and will give everyone around him a heightened sense of security.

I'm over the moon with this signing because never in my dreams would I have imagined the Swiss national team captain joining the team that I've been supporting for 15+ years.

Now show them what you're made of, Gökhan!

So who is leaving then?

This gives us:

King

Inler

Kante

James

Drinky

Hammond

All for 2 cm spots if we play a cam then you can add mahrez to that as well although we usually have a 3 cm team then.

Hammond will go but that still leaves 5 players for 2 spots.

I just hope Claudio can the best out of him, he has been out of form for a while according to many. 3 years for a 31 year old is risky.

Buzzing we have finally got him!

Is it me or does he seem like he is buzzing to be here? Got a picture in a city kit and changed his location already!

Think he will be another Cambiasso (but better) he seems like a player who will give it is all, nice touch to send letter to Napoli fans.

So who is leaving then?

This gives us:

King

Inler

Kante

James

Drinky

Hammond

All for 2 cm spots if we play a cam then you can add mahrez to that as well although we usually have a 3 cm team then.

Hammond will go but that still leaves 5 players for 2 spots.

I think Hammond was always surplus to requirements and I think he was only given a contract because we was so short on the ground of CMs at start of the season, at least we had a guaranteed back up.

James still out till Xmas so no need to worry till then but don't think none need to go as gives us good depth and flexibility in this position now, can always play 3 in the centre plus all can play different roles.

The dream of one day hearing a commentator say "James, Fuchs, King, Inler, Kanté" is well and truly alive.

(It would have to be an odd formation)

4-5-1?

We are really going places aren't we. I remember a few years back i used to look at teams like Southampton, Swansea, Norwich when they were under Lambert (lol) and get jealous. Cannot believe how far we've come, been a mint few years.

Very very very very happy. Strengthened in an area we needed to with a top quality player. Very surprised Arsenal didn't go in for him. I've always rated him highly, and he was the heart of that Napoli side. This is bigger than Cambiasso imo.

Archived