Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

INLER BACK OF THE NET - Signs a 3 year deal.

Hope he doesn't walk into the team though. Drinkwater & King deserve to maintain their places. Maybe a Kante/Inler partnership in the league cup.

I'm fine with the signing but 3 years seems a bit much for a 31 year old midfielder when we play 2 in the middle and have plenty of promising younger players. Hopefully he's that bit of experience we bring on for the big matches or as a substitute rather than a guaranteed starter for the next few years.

I'm fine with the signing but 3 years seems a bit much for a 31 year old midfielder when we play 2 in the middle and have plenty of promising younger players. Hopefully he's that bit of experience we bring on for the big matches or as a substitute rather than a guaranteed starter for the next few years.

He is going to play pretty much all the time. 

Great signing. Completes our CM options for the season bringing with him a wealth of much needed top flight and international experience to replace Cambiasso's void. Really happy with this.

King to the left of me

Drinkwater to the right

Here I am stuck Inler middle with you

Yes!! Get it done.

Will be a good addition, but still hoping that Drinkwater and Kanté perform well enough to be our first choice pair

I don't think we'd have gone through all this to have him sat of the bench. I think CR will give Kingy and DD game time until one of them has a stinker and he'll be straight in. 

So who is leaving then?

This gives us:

King

Inler

Kante

James

Drinky

Hammond

All for 2 cm spots if we play a cam then you can add mahrez to that as well although we usually have a 3 cm team then.

Hammond will go but that still leaves 5 players for 2 spots.

I just hope Claudio can the best out of him, he has been out of form for a while according to many. 3 years for a 31 year old is risky.

No one, we've got the options we'll need over a whole season

James is out & I'd be surprised if he started too many games after that kind of injury in the winter weather.

Hammond has renewed his deal so he's obviously happy to be a squad player, do not underestimate the importance of someone who can do a job when called upon, but won't rock the boat sniping on the sidelines

Drinkwater/King/Kante/Inler competing for 2 or 3 places is surely where we want to be, we have flexibility with personnel to cover losses of form & fitness, natural rotation and flexibility with formations... and importantly substitutions

It's certainly far from excessive and is probably just about right.

I get that we don't want Inler to walk into the team but why are people hoping for a Drinky/Kante partnership this year? Inler is clearly a better player than Drinkwater.

Because Drinkwater's been performing well and would like to see that continue after a disappointing year? He has a ton of promise still, has been doing well controlling the match and picking out some amazing passes, making all the right runs, etc. Doesn't matter if he's currently a better player, as long as Drinkwater continues to perform as well as he has done why would we shove him out of the team?

King has been a player in previous years who goes in and out the team, he'll have a couple of quiet games and lose his place and then coming back a few weeks later.

Hopefully Drinkwater can continue his confident start, he seemed to struggle last year with the extra completion and playing with Cambiasso.

I don't think we'd have gone through all this to have him sat of the bench. I think CR will give Kingy and DD game time until one of them has a stinker and he'll be straight in. 

Well you could say that about Kanté as well, so do you expect Kanté and Inler to be our starting pairing just because it took us a while to sign them? Kramaric is still not walking into the squad because of how well Vardy and Ulloa were performing and now Vardy and Okazaki. I think we went through all of this because we definitely do need some experience in there as an option if we hit a rough patch and the younger pairing isn't working, but I think Drinky and Kanté would be a great pairing.

Early days I know, but is this squad now looking really rather good?

Crikey..We've moved on from a couple or three season's ago!

Mark_w hasn't moved on though, he will still be mourning the loss of Pearson & Waghorn in 10 years time.

Archived