Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

INLER BACK OF THE NET - Signs a 3 year deal.

I'm fine with the signing but 3 years seems a bit much for a 31 year old midfielder when we play 2 in the middle and have plenty of promising younger players. Hopefully he's that bit of experience we bring on for the big matches or as a substitute rather than a guaranteed starter for the next few years.

I doubt he's signed just to warm the bench

I doubt he's signed just to warm the bench

We signed Kanté, Kramaric, Ulloa, and Benalouane for more and they've been warming the bench. We signed him because we need experience in the middle, but that doesn't mean that he's a guaranteed starter whilst the younger players are performing as well as they have done, but one of them will inevitably have a bit of a nightmare and we'll need Inler to come in and calm the match down a bit. 

We signed Kanté, Kramaric, Ulloa, and Benalouane for more and they've been warming the bench. We signed him because we need experience in the middle, but that doesn't mean that he's a guaranteed starter whilst the younger players are performing as well as they have done, but one of them will inevitably have a bit of a nightmare and we'll need Inler to come in and calm the match down a bit.

What an excellent squad we now have

Great news, this.

The squad is looking very strong now. Probably the strongest in the club's history.

There aren't many other PL squads' central midfield or forward options that I'd take over ours.

I think we just need a 1st choice RB and a backup winger to put on the finishing touches.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton - Drinkwater - King - Schlupp

Mahrez

Okazaki - Vardy

Maddison, Benalouane, Fuchs, Kanté, Inler, Kramaric, Ulloa

As if we have a potential bench that costs much more than the starting 11

Buzzing we have finally got him!

Is it me or does he seem like he is buzzing to be here? Got a picture in a city kit and changed his location already!

Think he will be another Cambiasso (but better) he seems like a player who will give it is all, nice touch to send letter to Napoli fans.

Cambiasswho?

We are really going places aren't we. I remember a few years back i used to look at teams like Southampton, Swansea, Norwich when they were under Lambert (lol) and get jealous. Cannot believe how far we've come, been a mint few years.

Remember September 2010 losing 6-1 at Portsmouth, one of the darkest hours (and a half) in my time supporting City. Less than five years later, we are unrecognisable!

I know at my age the memories go, but the last five years have been as good if not better than the Gillies, Bloomfield, Little and MON years. Cups are nice, but consistent winning seasons and playing well have always been few and far in between.

Looking forward to a solid season, will be disappointed if we dont finish above similar teams, ie Swansea, Saints, West Ham, Everton etc.

"Inler will wear the number 33 shirt, previously worn by Kevin Poole, Martin Reeves, Nicky Summerbee, Ben Thatcher, Lars Hirschfeld, Eric Odhiambo, Mark Davies, Mark Bunn, Alex Bruce, Leon Crncic, Aleksander Tunchev and Michael Cain"

He's lucky to be given the coveted 33 shirt. Look at all those legends who've worn it before him.

Trying to work out if this is the first time in the club's history that we have been able to field a starting XI of full internationals?

...and from eleven different international teams

Easily

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Inler

King

Schlupp

Vardy

Okazaki

Take a look at @general_dawson's Tweet:

Some1 suggested changing stuck inler middle with you to stuck inler middle with huth

Yes this is brilliant. Seems short though? Like do you go back and sing the first line? Or do you add on that extra..."dun dun dun dun stuck in the middle with Huff". 

King to the left of me, Kante to the right, here I am stuck Inler middle with Huth1f3b6.png1f3b6.png

Great signing. A CM with experience at the highest level and still a good few miles on the clock. One or two more and we are done and what a great window it has been for us. Credit to backroom staff yet again for the business they have done and so far so good with the new players looking more than capable.

I think a RB and perhaps a winger on loan or something to cover for Mahrez and Albrighton and we are right on target for a top 4 finish..  :ph34r:

Archived