Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Didn't realise I couldn't express my opinions on a fans forum!

When your opinion is just to bash someone who didn't do much wrong today, because you have a deluded opinion he is only famous because of his dad, I feel I can express my opinion that I would like you to piss off and that your are indeed a clown.

How much did he make happen with all that ball?

Nothing but we shouldn't of let him see so much of the ball though, he was driving forward & our players were basically bouncing off him when we tried to tackle him.

They had 70% possession in the first half according to Sky, ourselves throughout the whole game had only two shots on target, yes we got a point but I don't see how having 30% possession for most of the game & having two shots on target is classed as a good performance.

Drinkwater & King deserved praise against Sunderland & West Ham, as Claudio said they drove the car in those games, they saw much more of the ball in those games, plus we created more chances purely because Drinkwater, King & Albrighton played very well. Today they were the opposite, when on the ball they lacked tempo & when off it they were getting overrun, if they had good games then we would of had better possession & we would of created more.

The first 15 minutes was decent, after that it was poor until the last 10 minutes when we finally changed things.

When your opinion is just to bash someone who didn't do much wrong today, because you have a deluded opinion he is only famous because of his dad, I feel I can express my opinion that I would like you to piss off and that your are indeed a clown.

So you think he came off his line adequately today, your the clown little boy

Nothing but we shouldn't of let him see so much of the ball though, he was driving forward & our players were basically bouncing off him when we tried to tackle him.

They had 70% possession in the first half according to Sky, ourselves throughout the whole game had only two shots on target, yes we got a point but I don't see how having 30% possession for most of the game & having two shots on target is classed as a good performance.

Drinkwater & King deserved praise against Sunderland & West Ham, as Claudio said they drove the car in those games, they saw much more of the ball in those games, plus we created more chances purely because Drinkwater, King & Albrighton played very well. Today they were the opposite, when on the ball they lacked tempo & when off it they were getting overrun, if they had good games then we would of had better possession & we would of created more.

The first 15 minutes was decent, after that it was poor until the last 10 minutes when we finally changed things.

The opposition having 70% of passing it round the back and us not chasing them like headless chickens means our performance was bad?

30 yard pot shots from Tottenham count as a shot on target, but Mahrez hitting the post doesn't. Don't read too much into stats, we were more than value for the point.

lol

Been posting less recently in the football thread due to such little actual football discussion and the allowance of so much abuse.

Just popped on this evening and Bingo! The first page I read demonstrates just that.

The squabbling kids in the playground scenario.

Back to the football, I agree with those who feel frustrated we didn't beat Spurs..which shows just how far we've progressed as a club, I guess.

So you think he came off his line adequately today, your the clown little boy

I can remember one time he was late off his line, when Kane got through off a long ball. He did well to stay back and make Kane do something special from the angle, as it happened, it went out for a throw in.

There was a heart in mouth moment when he had to jump on the ball, but that mix up was mostly down to Wes as he should have had a boot through it long before it got to Kasper.

We know he isn't 6"6 and commanding, but he has other areas which he is excellent and has saved us points in games. Why bash him after a good result for things we knew isn't his strengths? Especially considering none came to anything? Baffling.

Plus, your comment about his dad was actually pathetic, and made you look around 12 years old.

What happened in the West Stand, people stood up and turning around to see something in second half.

Guy seemed to black out walking up the stairs and fell back. Think he was OK eventually, couldn't see, but it didn't look great at first going by reactions.

Re: RDL and Schlupp - not perfect (Schlupp is a brilliant WB however), but I wouldn't rush to replace either. We need to keep the core of our squad together and I do believe they can be coached into very good players. That said, if RDL (who I thought was OK today) doesn't kick on then he'd be my no.1 player to replace in Jan/next summer. Think we might need another winger too? Mahrez and Albrighton are gonna burn out sooner or later. 

The opposition having 70% of passing it round the back and us not chasing them like headless chickens means our performance was bad?

30 yard pot shots from Tottenham count as a shot on target, but Mahrez hitting the post doesn't. Don't read too much into stats, we were more than value for the point.

You'd expect the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City to have 70% possession against us but Spurs we should be doing a bit better in my opinion.

They didn't do much with it, but that shouldn't overshadow the fact that our midfield in particular was lacklustre today. They dominted possession & they didn't even have Eriksen.

I can remember one time he was late off his line, when Kane got through off a long ball. He did well to stay back and make Kane do something special from the angle, as it happened, it went out for a throw in.

There was a heart in mouth moment when he had to jump on the ball, but that mix up was mostly down to Wes as he should have had a boot through it long before it got to Kasper.

We know he isn't 6"6 and commanding, but he has other areas which he is excellent and has saved us points in games. Why bash him after a good result for things we knew isn't his strengths? Especially considering none came to anything? Baffling.

Plus, your comment about his dad was actually pathetic, and made you look around 12 years old.

fans forums are to discuss topics, not to abuse people for their thoughts, which clearly some people share

A decent performance but nothing close to the levels reached in the last two games. Some good link up play in parts but not as much final quality on show. Still a resilient and plucky performance and well worth the point though. Spurs were also tougher to break down than Sunderland and West Ham.

I feared for us when we went 1 down but the instant response was just the ticket. Quality strike from Mahrez. Main criticism of today was how late the substitutions were made - a few players, due to the heat and intensity of our play, look dead on their feet a long time prior to that.

Agree about thevery  late substitutions and we could have done with Ulloa's height a bit earlier as we were struggling to win many challenges.

Might have been the heat or the quality of the opposition but the tempo was down until we scored.

Kante again looked good when he came on and Mahrez and Albrighton were excellent

For myself the game next week vs Bournemouth will be the real marker as to how we have progressed

You'd expect the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City to have 70% possession against us but Spurs we should be doing a bit better in my opinion.

They didn't do much with it, but that shouldn't overshadow the fact that our midfield in particular was lacklustre today. They dominted possession & they didn't even have Eriksen.

There midfield didn't dominate it is what I'm saying, they spent large parts of it passing it sideways and backwards to defenders?

Do you want the midfield to go chasing it? Or stay compact?

Do you want us to keep passing it round the back? Or attack quickly?

Sounded a decent  performance from them all I was in the Kings Head  for the game. Someone in there before the game with Mahrez on his shirt. A few came in after the game and started singing and was asked to be quiet by the staff. I was enjoying it and as far asI know nobody complained. They were sinking a few pints too but decided to leave when I came out.

Spaces after a full stop at the end of a sentence are intentional and natual in grammar usage.

My points from today:

Draw fair result neother team did enough to win it, they had loads of posession but not much in dangerous areas, we kept them at arms length.

Mahrez was great going forward and always a threat however doesn't help out enough defensively, left RDL exposed too often. I think all this criticism on RDL is harsh.

CR made his subs too late, with the heat subs needed to be made on the hour, i thought we should've gone 3-5-2 too as i felt kingy and DD were getting out muscled in midfield at times.

Mixed opinion of DD on here, I didn't think he had a great game, he bottled a couple of challenges and didn't go for a couple of headers too. He is more suited in a 3 man midfield, in a 2 man we need more strength like Inler and Kante

The fact Kante came on to play on the wing tells me we need to sign another winger. We don't want to be going back to playing players out of position.

Schlupp is more suited to playing 3-5-2 he is not an attacking threat a LB and he isn't defensively good enough, this was shown with their goal.

All in all fantadtic start to the season and we have great depth in squad however i think it's time to make at least one change for Bournemouth and perhaps start Inler.

That was really tight, only half an hour into the game and you knew this was going to be a draw. Neither team really pressured that much for 70 minutes, It was like Leicester were being cancelled out at any threat, while Tottenham were being way too cautious and by instead of going direct and getting the ball into the box, they just passed it around circled the box doing nothing. It wasn't until the final ten minutes when the game came alive. The substitutions were made in which this completely changed game for both teams, When the two new lads came on. It spired a bit of life into us and brought a bit of opening and pace into the team, though I do question why the substitutions were made that late . The defending was good for both sides, however the only moments where the defending was poor for both teams was the two minutes them goals were scored.

It was always going to be a difficult game as Tottenham are very good team normally, however they looked very slow and as mentioned didn't offer much threat or pressure. Draw was a fair result, there was no team better than the other today and the heat played its part. The pen for wasn't one, Mahrez looked to go down too easy for me.

Anyway unbeaten again and a fantastic goal from Mahrez. 7/10 performance all round. 

WTF??

:nigel:

What? Have another look at their goal and tell me Jeff wasn't at fault. He was stood ball watching and let their goal scorer stroll in completely unmarked.

Apart from that I thought he looked disinterested, I mean he always looks a bit lost, but he seemed more lazy than usual today. We don't need his wing back play when we're playing 442, we need him not leaving his man unmarked to score easy goals. Fuchs is surely a better defender, being an established international.

My points from today:

Draw fair result neother team did enough to win it, they had loads of posession but not much in dangerous areas, we kept them at arms length.

Mahrez was great going forward and always a threat however doesn't help out enough defensively, left RDL exposed too often. I think all this criticism on RDL is harsh.

CR made his subs too late, with the heat subs needed to be made on the hour, i thought we should've gone 3-5-2 too as i felt kingy and DD were getting out muscled in midfield at times.

Mixed opinion of DD on here, I didn't think he had a great game, he bottled a couple of challenges and didn't go for a couple of headers too. He is more suited in a 3 man midfield, in a 2 man we need more strength like Inler and Kante

The fact Kante came on to play on the wing tells me we need to sign another winger. We don't want to be going back to playing players out of position.

Schlupp is more suited to playing 3-5-2 he is not an attacking threat a LB and he isn't defensively good enough, this was shown with their goal.

All in all fantadtic start to the season and we have great depth in squad however i think it's time to make at least one change for Bournemouth and perhaps start Inler.

Agree with all of that

No disrespect to Andy King as he clearly loves the club and is always dropping in when players are out of postion, he isn't the star of the show but he does the nitty gritty work... HOWEVER I feel Kante needs to replace him for the next game, Kante deserves to start after 3 impressive sub apperances and I think he will give us the extra security in the middle.

It's a tough question but who would you drop King or Drinkwater? neither deserved to be dropped but I feel Kante would give us so much more.

Not sure if there's anything in it but did anyone else notice Ulloa go straight down the tunnel at the final whistle whereas the rest of the players and subs stayed out to applaud the fans......

Don't think hes happy with game time but you can't blame after the first two performances from Vardy and Okazaki, I feel for Kramaric as well bags of talent just sitting there we need to give him a run of 5-10 games and watch him florish.

It's good having so many options but we have to keep the camp happy, something Pearson done very well.

What? Have another look at their goal and tell me Jeff wasn't at fault. He was stood ball watching and let their goal scorer stroll in completely unmarked.

Apart from that I thought he looked disinterested, I mean he always looks a bit lost, but he seemed more lazy than usual today. We don't need his wing back play when we're playing 442, we need him not leaving his man unmarked to score easy goals. Fuchs is surely a better defender, being an established international.

There were a few errors in the lead up to that goal, I don't think Schlupp was the main culprit.

However his work outside of that I'm struggling to criticise? He handled the threat of walker very well and made some good tackles. It was a more disciplined performance and we were penned back for large parts of it but I think your going over the top.

Archived