Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Defensively we look solid, Tottenham pass to the left.. pass back to the right i was confident yesterday they didn't really look to have much to actually open us up.

We are exciting to watch at the minute.

Edit: Danny Drinkwater has stepped up and has been brilliant the past three games!

Defensively we look solid, Tottenham pass to the left.. pass back to the right i was confident yesterday they didn't really look to have much to actually open us up.

We are exciting to watch at the minute.

Edit: Danny Drinkwater has stepped up and has been brilliant the past three games!

I didn't see that today. I thought his passing was unimaginative & dull and mainly lateral.

Spurs are a decent outfit, and bar a couple of mistakes our game plan worked. In hindsight I would have said to start Kante and Inler, and possibly would have matched their midfield five. It's a good result Spurs are no push overs at all and we held our own against them and after getting the equaliser were arguably the better side. Two decent side cancelling each other out for most of the game.

However, De Laet needs replacing, he is absolutely abysmal, lack of cover or not he can't even get the basics of defending right, I've seen enough of him now.

Fuchs should start and Jeff on the bench and  then  we could have an option to bring on a sub either as an attacking winger or wingback should we change formation to 3 to at the back. I am not trying to knock Jeff, he made a few good tackles out there yesterday that people have forgotten about but I do think he is better as a wingback than leftback.

Was I the only one who saw Dier's cheeky kick on Mahrez in the second half. Ball was gone and (I think) it was a mixture of clumsiness and frustration but he took a swing. Would have to see again but at first impression that's what I thought anyway.

Re watching it shows that it was deffo Jeff's fault the goal, very poor defending/tracking back

Fuchs should start and Jeff on the bench and then we could have an option to bring on a sub either as an attacking winger or wingback should we change formation to 3 to at the back. I am not trying to knock Jeff, he made a few good tackles out there yesterday that people have forgotten about but I do think he is better as a wingback than leftback.

He's been brilliant first two games. Made one mistake yesterday. We've seen about 10 minutes of Fuchs so I don't know how on earth you can decide they should be switched.

Was I the only one who saw Dier's cheeky kick on Mahrez in the second half. Ball was gone and (I think) it was a mixture of clumsiness and frustration but he took a swing. Would have to see again but at first impression that's what I thought anyway.

Re watching it shows that it was deffo Jeff's fault the goal, very poor defending/tracking back

Spurs in some ways reminded me of a Serie A side. Slow in tempo, relatively organised, happy to take a yellow card where required.

We've completed the least passes of any other side in the division so far this season. Posession football isn't our game- we are all about energy, pace and getting at sides early on. Maybe CR will try and change that style? Spurs had loads of possession but didn't do a lot with it- I found it quite boring to watch. Maybe it would have been different had Eriksen been playing. To me they just seemed to want to do everything bar cross the ball into the box.

I don't get how the goal was Jeff's fault, he could have tracked his man better but even if he was up alongside Alli he wouldn't have been able to do anything, if he'd tried to clear it he would have put it into his own net, he couldn't tackle Alli as it would have been a penalty. Yes Jeff should have tracked him better but the cross was so good and a diving header just making enough contact. Nothing Jeff could have done the mistakes were in letting Kane bundle through 4 players and leaving Chadli in space to deliver such a wicked cross.

Ranieri was really trying a tactical masterclass, the unusual way for Leicester to actually play. They didn't go out guns blazing, Leicester sat back for a large portion of the game, and tbh they looked comfortable even when Spurs were taking odd 30 yard shots, nothing Kasper can't handle. I was a little peeved when both Vardy and Okazaki were defending from about 35 yards out, it doesn't look great as the home team, Ranieri without a doubt highlighted Spurs as an attacking threat that tire, and as long as we didn't tire before them, we had a chance. That's why we parked the bus so early on, and it's the reason why he kept his substitutions late, he delayed the game - notice he made one substitution, and after Kante came on he lined up Inler pretty much straight away; to delay the game. The final 10/12 minutes of the game when Kante looked fresh, Inler comfortable, that's when we starting hitting Tottenham hard, and we almost came close.

The criticisms of CR's late substitutions are fair because players did look tired, but I think this was completely intentional; not to replace tired legs at a time of need, but to make tactical subs to throw off the opposition, and try and find a breakthrough.

I don't think it was a 'tactical master class' from Ranieri. Spurs didn't let us play our usual game- they kept the ball so well especially early doors. If was almost as though their manager had said 'keep the ball first twenty minutes and we have a chance. Don't let Leicester come out all guns blazing'. They did a job on us. We were chasing the ball a lot which meant we also ended up the more tired side due to the heat

He's been brilliant first two games. Made one mistake yesterday. We've seen about 10 minutes of Fuchs so I don't know how on earth you can decide they should be switched.

But that mistake they scored from.  If that was Konch he would've been slaughtered on here.  Maybe it was the heat causing Jeff to switch off mentally but I don't know why he stopped marking Alli and put his hand up looking for offside, such a bad habit for a defender they should clear it first and play to the whistle.  He needed to play as he beats Kyle Walker for pace and not many players can do that.

I would like to see Fuchs at LB in a 4atb but then I love how direct Jeff can be when he has a chance.   Jeff always looks so much more switched on when playing LWB. 

They were knocking it about well and basically doing everything they could to get us to chase the game, a decent plan when you consider temperature. Thankfully we were patient and whilst the game was unremarkable a good solid point.

Couldn't believe there were people around me getting arsey because we were not chasing every lost cause. I know this is a huge part of our game but not easy to do when it's 30 degrees.

I don't get how the goal was Jeff's fault, he could have tracked his man better but even if he was up alongside Alli he wouldn't have been able to do anything, if he'd tried to clear it he would have put it into his own net, he couldn't tackle Alli as it would have been a penalty. Yes Jeff should have tracked him better but the cross was so good and a diving header just making enough contact. Nothing Jeff could have done the mistakes were in letting Kane bundle through 4 players and leaving Chadli in space to deliver such a wicked cross.

I don't know why one of the three players around Kane didn't just foul him. The same way Dier fouled Mahrez - just be cynical sometimes. Horrible to watch but it may have prevented the goal. Jeff at fault too though

My points from today:

Draw fair result neother team did enough to win it, they had loads of posession but not much in dangerous areas, we kept them at arms length.

Mahrez was great going forward and always a threat however doesn't help out enough defensively, left RDL exposed too often. I think all this criticism on RDL is harsh.

CR made his subs too late, with the heat subs needed to be made on the hour, i thought we should've gone 3-5-2 too as i felt kingy and DD were getting out muscled in midfield at times.

Mixed opinion of DD on here, I didn't think he had a great game, he bottled a couple of challenges and didn't go for a couple of headers too. He is more suited in a 3 man midfield, in a 2 man we need more strength like Inler and Kante

The fact Kante came on to play on the wing tells me we need to sign another winger. We don't want to be going back to playing players out of position.

Schlupp is more suited to playing 3-5-2 he is not an attacking threat a LB and he isn't defensively good enough, this was shown with their goal.

All in all fantadtic start to the season and we have great depth in squad however i think it's time to make at least one change for Bournemouth and perhaps start Inler.

Good post but I don't think Kante came on to play wide because Ranieri wanted to swap the winger. It was just a case of deciding he wanted Kante on the pitch, and who of the midfield was the most tired. Kante would have come on the help close the game out and provide us with energy, not because we wanted a new winger on. Had a winger been on the bench, I bet it would still have been Kante to come on.

Spurs in some ways reminded me of a Serie A side. Slow in tempo, relatively organised, happy to take a yellow card where required.

Yeah I agree

To clear it up I wasn't talking about when we were on the break but instead when we were in the box and Mahrez came in from the right, I think Vertonghen tackled him cleanly then Dier cheekily kicked our Riyad as he passed

Good post but I don't think Kante came on to play wide because Ranieri wanted to swap the winger. It was just a case of deciding he wanted Kante on the pitch, and who of the midfield was the most tired. Kante would have come on the help close the game out and provide us with energy, not because we wanted a new winger on. Had a winger been on the bench, I bet it would still have been Kante to come on.

Completely agree. Kante came on simply to give us some energy and fresh legs. It was immaterial in this game where he played across the middle. And he played well and did a job when he needed to. The shame yesterday was that both Kante and Inler weren't introduced fifteen minutes earlier. And I would have taken Okazaki off for another striker.

Fuchs should start and Jeff on the bench and  then  we could have an option to bring on a sub either as an attacking winger or wingback should we change formation to 3 to at the back. I am not trying to knock Jeff, he made a few good tackles out there yesterday that people have forgotten about but I do think he is better as a wingback than leftback.

Tend to agree.

The full backs were clearly under orders not to support the attacks yesterday. If we are not going to use Jeffs pace in the opponents half, effectively forbidding him to venture over the half way line, might as well bring in a proper fullback. I did think Jeff was day dreaming a bit for their goal.

For the first time you could see the effect of CR's tactical thinking, hopefully will get us enough points, but expect some dour games.

Completely agree. Kante came on simply to give us some energy and fresh legs. It was immaterial in this game where he played across the middle. And he played well and did a job when he needed to. The shame yesterday was that both Kante and Inler weren't introduced fifteen minutes earlier. And I would have taken Okazaki off for another striker.

Agree with all of that. Kante Inler should have come on after 65/70 mins. Okasaki looked exhausted and I'd probably prefer Kramaric to Ulloa as a replacement.

If Jeff was up alongside or even goal side of their substitute he would have  been able to clear the cross or block his header or basically defend the goal, something that he was paid to do yesterday. Alli started his run from the centre circle and ran across him when Schluppy was well ahead of him and he was too slow to react. Jeff has the pace to have dealt with that.

But bringing on kante for albrighton screwed up our shape and perhaps it was just co incidence that we gave away the goal straight away? Round pegs in round holes please. If albrighton comes off then Fuchs comes on and Jeff goes to left wing. kante and inler for DD and AK.

in that heat, we decided to get the two banks of four behind the half way line and defend our final third. Spurs seemed happy to take a point so it was sterile. vardy and oka were running shuttles to no avail. the odd occasion that Spurs gave away the ball, we broke but the were few and far between. the lack of a spare man in central midfield meant we couldn't keep the ball and get up the pitch. maybe both managers were happy with that. I suppose sacrificing an extra forward could have encouraged Tottenham to be more adventurous which rainieri didn't want.

Archived