Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

I thought the heat played a big part in our performance today. Some players just couldn't handle it. Having said that we hould have had a penalty plus a goal from Wes so we cannot be too disappointed. Drinkwater and King were pretty average today. Shinji tried hard but to no effect, I thought Krameric should have come on for him. 

De Laet was a lot better today while Schlupp was terrible for Spurs goal. Again I think it was the heat that got to him as his effort to get back was pathetic.

If Spurs had moved Dembele more central I think we could have been in real trouble. Kane was a menace without having any support.

What a Goal from Mahrez another quality strike from the mercurial Winger. Long may it continue.

I didn't think he was that bad either.

Tbf I had a stream on in the background at work with the sound off which I would have on the left of the screen whenever what I was doing permitted it, so I did miss a lot (including both goals grr), but from what I saw he looked shaky and made one absolute whopper of an attempted back pass so it coloured his performance somewhat poorly for me.

Enjoyed the game, there was a bit of edge to it. Thought we played it wrong, the long kicks to our strikers were never going to work against centre backs such as Vertongen. Needed to change it; I would have brought Ulloa on for his aerial presence. Kante impressed me again though when he came on. Other than that, thought everyone was average and I certainly couldn't pick a man of the match.

Mahrez needs to pass more. Said it last week after West Ham, but in certain positions just pass. He gets in that same position and goes for goal every game instead of pulling the ball back.

I thought he should have been swapping Albrighton & Mahrez during the game, Albrighton was nullified on the left because the knew he had to cut in every time but it's a fair result, they had the possession we had the 3 best chances plus the pen appeal.

8vq21bEi.jpg

I thought that too, really surprised they didn't mix it up, they did against West Ham, but not once did I see Albrighton on the right and Mahrez on the left.

Don't think De Laet was even that bad, he coped well with Davies, Chadli and Kane on him at times and just because the cross came from his area it doesn't mean he had a terrible game. Huth and Morgan did have to help him at times, though.

Draw was fair, Spurs were ok apart from up front.

Decent result, thought we could have won this game though. Could have had a penalty in the first half, then Mahrez hitting the post and Morgan's header should have been a goal if it was a few inches either side of Lloris. 

Unless we bring in a new RB I reckon we should go back to a 352 again. I think Schlupp is better as a winger than LB. And take De Laet off for another CB. 

Maybe we go for a back 3 against Bournemouth with Schlupp as left wing back. Agree with both Kanté and Inler in midfield (Bournemouth had good possession stats at WHU). Like to see Kramaric and Vardy upfront with Mahrez just behind.

Interesting observation, but when did we last have 50% or more possession in a game? It must be quite a while ago

Mahrez is sensational.

De Laet got sucked into Kane when he should have stuck with Chadli, as Kane isn't fast enough to get away from the 3 that was already around him.

Excellent signs from Kante.

Game summed up. Brilliant point.

Enjoyed the game, there was a bit of edge to it. Thought we played it wrong, the long kicks to our strikers were never going to work against centre backs such as Vertongen. Needed to change it; I would have brought Ulloa on for his aerial presence. Kante impressed me again though when he came on. Other than that, thought everyone was average and I certainly couldn't pick a man of the match.

Mahrez needs to pass more. Said it last week after West Ham, but in certain positions just pass. He gets in that same position and goes for goal every game instead of pulling the ball back.

I don't think it was our game plan to hit long balls they just pressed our midfield pushed us back and left us few options.

Mahrez is sensational.

De Laet got sucked into Kane when he should have stuck with Chadli, as Kane isn't fast enough to get away from the 3 that was already around him.

Excellent signs from Kante.

Game summed up. Brilliant point.

De Laet shouldn't have come over, but the 4 men around Kane didn't deal with him, it started from a missed tackle by Inler, then one of Huth or Morgan should have won the ball, De Laet shouldn't have left his man and Schlupp shouldn't have forgotten about his.

Credit to Kane he did very well to make something out of that, but they will be disappointed to have conceded like that.

What happened in the West Stand, people stood up and turning around to see something in second half.

Bit of a raucous in there when Tottenham scored (Well in the corner area of the kop/more in the West Stand).

I can only presume it was a Tottenham fan and he cheered when they scored, someone had a right go at him then others joined in, stewards finally came and were talking, presumably asking him to leave and calm the situation then we scored and it kicked off even more, even think I saw a few punches thrown, the person then swiftly left with stewards surrounding him lol

Silly to pass in my opinion. When you have a player that goes past people like he does, along with his form and end product this season, why not have a go yourself?

He should have had a penalty again today as he did at Sunderland by using his skill, got a goal today, hit the post against Sunderland and this is by pushing defenders back and using his strengths.

I don't really ever see him lose the ball without creating something?

A draw was a fair result in my opinion, as neither side deserved to win it.

A bit like the much maligned Kingfox on here, i also felt we were a little poor today.

I felt we seemed to have dropped 10 yards off the opposition players today, instead of carrying on with  the, being in their faces approach of our recent good run, this i`m hoping was down to the heat and not down to  Ranieri changing our approach to games, because we look so much better playing high intensity, in your face, taking the game to the opposition football.

Tottenham for all their possession offered very little, and were actually poor and there for the taking in my opinion, i`m surprised so many on here seem to think they were a quality side, on todays performance.

Substitutions as has been said, seemed to come far to late.

I think it was clear from the hour onwards that we had a number of players who were struggling with fatigue.

Very impressed with Kante when he came on, and he must be pushing for a first team spot now, and Innler was decent, but not on for long enough to truly judge in my opinion.

As for their goal, my god Jeff Schlupp, Wakey Wakey!!  I`m a big fan of Schlupp, always have been, even when he has been lambasted on here in the past, but i have to say, that today wasn`t his best day, and he was absolutely shocking for their goal.

I think Schlupp looks far better as a wing back, knowing he has the insurance of the extra central defender to cover for him, rather than as an out and out full back, and as someone said in an earlier post, playing Schlupp as we are, we are not getting the best of him, and are missing the pace and speed of his attacking presence out wide.

DeLaet is an ok full back, but we can and should get better in my opinion.

Mahrez can be anything he wants to be, he has so much quality, i just wish at times he would get his head up and look at the bigger picture, and realise that he does sometimes have team mates that might actually be in a better position than him, should he give them the ball.

De Laet shouldn't have come over, but the 4 men around Kane didn't deal with him, it started from a missed tackle by Inler, then one of Huth or Morgan should have won the ball, De Laet shouldn't have left his man and Schlupp shouldn't have forgotten about his.

Credit to Kane he did very well to make something out of that, but they will be disappointed to have conceded like that.

Kane was 25 yards from goal, and was going to be closed down any second, De Laet gave him the out by coming across and leaving Chadli open IMO, I'll watch again on MOTD though.

Oh and it seemed a decent ball by Chadli.

Silly to pass in my opinion. When you have a player that goes past people like he does, along with his form and end product this season, why not have a go yourself?

He should have had a penalty again today as he did at Sunderland by using his skill, got a goal today, hit the post against Sunderland and this is by pushing defenders back and using his strengths.

I don't really ever see him lose the ball without creating something?

We differ on opinion then because I don't think Mahrez is 'sensational'. He gets knocked off the ball easily which happened several times today. His goal was very good again, I just think there are times when he needs to pass. The one that hit the post, he was never going to score from that angle, just pull the ball back.

I found myself getting frustrated in the first half with how much time dembele was given on the ball. By far their best player, and was given acres of space. As much as I understand why people would want to keep our midfield paring, but at the same time they bossed the middle of the park fairly easily. Having seen N'golo play for Caen before I'd stick him in, he may look like a lost African child whilst warming up. But the kid can play! I like the rest of the stadium today found myself looking at the bench itching for a sub as early as 55 mins. As for RDL he works if played as a wing back, but time after time his pants were throughly pulled down. I put my hand over my face at one point and waited for the cheer from the spurs fans it was that bad. Nobody frustrated with mahrez? He has a terrible touch and quite often won't pass to a player better suited to the situation. No more moaning though, enjoyed being back at the KP and I don't think going forwards we've anything to worry about

Looked like Schlupp-Kante-Inler-King-Mahrez in a midfield five for the last 10 mins, Kante was everywhere.

The change in personnel also helped though, Inler & Kante looked far more comfortable on the ball & were looking to get the ball forward at every opportunity. Tottenham were sterile; however they still had a lot of possession, they kept the ball well. Drinkwater & King didn't do enough for me, our possession & ball retention was poor because Drinkwater & King in particular kept getting overrun.

Saw endless amounts of the ball, he was driving forward & tried to make things happen, he had Drinky & King on the ropes.

How much did he make happen with all that ball?

We differ on opinion then because I don't think Mahrez is 'sensational'. He gets knocked off the ball easily which happened several times today. His goal was very good again, I just think there are times when he needs to pass. The one that hit the post, he was never going to score from that angle, just pull the ball back.

If there is a player wide open, and he's blatantly selfish, I'll join you. If it's a packed box or he has a man 1vs1, I'm very happy for him to do his thing and and have a pop rather than hopefully put it 'hard and low across the box', chip it in or play backwards which are effectively his options.

He was doing exactly what Vertonghen and Davies didn't want him to do..

Kane was 25 yards from goal, and was going to be closed down any second, De Laet gave him the out by coming across and leaving Chadli open IMO, I'll watch again on MOTD though.

Oh and it seemed a decent ball by Chadli.

No way Chadli was looking for Alli for there goal. Seen it twice and was more fortunate Alli was there if anything

I thought it was good. Really impressed with his vision and he was doing his best to control tempo too, he kept making space for himself like Paul Schools tended too.

I agree, I think he showed an awful lot of composure under pressure throughout the game. Passing from everyone went astray late on, but excellent from drinky today.

No way Chadli was looking for Alli for there goal. Seen it twice and was more fortunate Alli was there if anything

Don't think he was, more from the point that it's awkward for defenders and goalkeeper to deal with.

Archived