Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Not sure if there's anything in it but did anyone else notice Ulloa go straight down the tunnel at the final whistle whereas the rest of the players and subs stayed out to applaud the fans......

He was real miserable the other day when I seen him town, we even moved out the way so they could get passed and he had face like thunder! No thank you or anything!

Fuchs was surprisingly good going forward against Sunderland and overlapped well with Schlupp. This would free up Schlupp to play on the wing, even so a winger would be useful.

Both Schlupp and RDL need protection from the midfield to function as full backs. Albrighton gets back to cover, Mahrez less so and is less capable of retrieving the ball.

Mahrez is great when he can move around in a free role. 3412 worked well last season.

Today tinkerman was outsmarted by Spurs, and while working a fairly solid Itallian style defence never seemed to be able to break Spurs midfield down.

It has been said upthread, but it shows how far we have come that I am a bit miffed to only have got a single point today.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I'd genuinely like to know whether or not Spurs fans enjoy watching their team play. I am rarely bored at a football match, but the way Spurs play made me wish I was elsewhere! Even in the final third, if there was even a 50% chance of an attacking pass not succeeding, whoever had the ball, would just play the safe pass, back to the centre backs. 

I'm sure the most optimistic of Spurs fans will point to the possession stats and how they dominated the game, and in terms of the amount of the ball they had, they certainly did. But one things for sure, it was a hell of a lot more exciting when Mahrez or Vardy picked up the ball and ran at the goal, as oppose to Mason picking up the ball inside his own half, looking up, and thinking 'gahhhh' and just making a 5 yard sideways pass to Vertonghen or whoever. I actually don't think Spurs are/were that much better than us. I'm sure, again, Spurs fans will look at pass completion and how high their pass completion rate was along with their 'quality' of player. Spurs' issue is that they're trying to play a Barcelona style of play, with bang average players. A squad of 18 which includes Mason, Alli, Carroll, Walker, Davies, Lamela and co is hardly in a position where they can play that style of football and dominate teams with that way of passing. I saw a post on a tottenham forum saying their team was a 'sleeping giant'. Really? I mean the lack of quality in some of their play today was laughable for a 'big club'.

Ive really gone off Spurs by the end of today, absolutely no intent going forward with the ball, and they created a genuinely dull 80 minutes of football.

Fuchs was surprisingly good going forward against Sunderland and overlapped well with Schlupp. This would free up Schlupp to play on the wing, even so a winger would be useful.

Both Schlupp and RDL need protection from the midfield to function as full backs. Albrighton gets back to cover, Mahrez less so and is less capable of retrieving the ball.

Mahrez is great when he can move around in a free role. 3412 worked well last season.

Today tinkerman was outsmarted by Spurs, and while working a fairly solid Itallian style defence never seemed to be able to break Spurs midfield down.

It has been said upthread, but it shows how far we have come that I am a bit miffed to only have got a single point today.

I think he was going out there not to lose today, hence why the players dropped off the heat also being a factor in this decsion, we looked ****ed last week in the second half against West Ham and had to hold on to a lead for almost half the game, I think he was hoping we could maybe snatch one and push on a bit second half which nearly worked but we was unlucky in the end.

They had plenty of possesion but did absolutely nothing with it.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I'd genuinely like to know whether or not Spurs fans enjoy watching their team play. I am rarely bored at a football match, but the way Spurs play made me wish I was elsewhere! Even in the final third, if there was even a 50% chance of an attacking pass not succeeding, whoever had the ball, would just play the safe pass, back to the centre backs.

I'm sure the most optimistic of Spurs fans will point to the possession stats and how they dominated the game, and in terms of the amount of the ball they had, they certainly did. But one things for sure, it was a hell of a lot more exciting when Mahrez or Vardy picked up the ball and ran at the goal, as oppose to Mason picking up the ball inside his own half, looking up, and thinking 'gahhhh' and just making a 5 yard sideways pass to Vertonghen or whoever. I actually don't think Spurs are/were that much better than us. I'm sure, again, Spurs fans will look at pass completion and how high their pass completion rate was along with their 'quality' of player. Spurs' issue is that they're trying to play a Barcelona style of play, with bang average players. A squad of 18 which includes Mason, Alli, Carroll, Walker, Davies, Lamela and co is hardly in a position where they can play that style of football and dominate teams with that way of passing. I saw a post on a tottenham forum saying their team was a 'sleeping giant'. Really? I mean the lack of quality in some of their play today was laughable for a 'big club'.

Ive really gone off Spurs by the end of today, absolutely no intent going forward with the ball, and they created a genuinely dull 80 minutes of football.

If you compare this Spurs squad with the one that made Champions league, under Uncle Arry, I think they are a shadow of that side. They've spent an amazing amount of money and have gone backwards IMO.

This is why I don't think Spurs will be any sort of threat to the top 4 this year, I think the problem for this is, There playing boring possession football with an attacking squad. 

If you compare this Spurs squad with the one that made Champions league, under Uncle Arry, I think they are a shadow of that side. They've spent an amazing amount of money and have gone backwards IMO.

Bale and Modric were their go to guys back then. Now its Kane and Eriksen. Think that says a lot.

Agreed RDL is a championship player IMO, hopefully Ranieri agrees and replaces haha

He was better than Kyle Walker today, who was pants. Kyle Walker 'Championship' too?

If he was made available by Leicester, I doubt he would be plying his trade in the Championship put it that way.

I think he was going out there not to lose today, hence why the players dropped off the heat also being a factor in this decsion, we looked ****ed last week in the second half against West Ham and had to hold on to a lead for almost half the game, I think he was hoping we could maybe snatch one and push on a bit second half which nearly worked but we was unlucky in the end.

They had plenty of possesion but did absolutely nothing with it.

Ranieri was really trying a tactical masterclass, the unusual way for Leicester to actually play. They didn't go out guns blazing, Leicester sat back for a large portion of the game, and tbh they looked comfortable even when Spurs were taking odd 30 yard shots, nothing Kasper can't handle. I was a little peeved when both Vardy and Okazaki were defending from about 35 yards out, it doesn't look great as the home team, Ranieri without a doubt highlighted Spurs as an attacking threat that tire, and as long as we didn't tire before them, we had a chance. That's why we parked the bus so early on, and it's the reason why he kept his substitutions late, he delayed the game - notice he made one substitution, and after Kante came on he lined up Inler pretty much straight away; to delay the game. The final 10/12 minutes of the game when Kante looked fresh, Inler comfortable, that's when we starting hitting Tottenham hard, and we almost came close.

The criticisms of CR's late substitutions are fair because players did look tired, but I think this was completely intentional; not to replace tired legs at a time of need, but to make tactical subs to throw off the opposition, and try and find a breakthrough.

Spurs played that game very well- particularly the opening 20 minutes. They knew they had to take the sting out the game because we usually start so well. They didn't let us get going, kept the ball and made us chase shadows - so difficult in the heat.

I thought we played well- always looked good on the counter and Mahrez excellent as usual. Ranieri should have made the subs far earlier- King, DD and Okasaki had all put a shift in and looked exhausted.

Inler is going to be superb

Schlupp had one slight off day and everyone wants him bombed out the side for a player we've barely seen. Standard Leicester fans

RDL from what I saw did fine bar one lapse of concentration in his own box

Harry Kane looked good- always looking to shoot. Would love to see him and Vardy given a go for England as a front two but Roy will pick Rooney as per usual

Not sure if there's anything in it but did anyone else notice Ulloa go straight down the tunnel at the final whistle whereas the rest of the players and subs stayed out to applaud the fans......

Be my only criticism of Ranieri really is the complete lack of faith in either Ulloa or Kramaric.

Particularly as Ulloa was a total menace to Spurs in all occasions last season.

Be my only criticism of Ranieri really is the complete lack of faith in either Ulloa or Kramaric.

I would have brought Ulloa on much earlier tbh we needed a bigger player up front today!

Matt Elliot said  something which I agree with. It is good to be at the top but more important to widen the gap of the ones  at the bottom so to get points in the bag.

At some point we are gping to hit a bad run so will need a few points towards survival when we do.

Don't moan. We are where we need to be. I am Happy.

Ridiculous thing to say. Of course he's going to pick the same partnership today after the first two games!

Ridiculous thing to say. Of course he's going to pick the same partnership today after the first two games!

More the lack of a sub earlier today. Okazaki looked cream craxkered after 70 with his impact lessening. Vardy found second wind.

We hadn't made 3 subs and left it until injury time.

I'm not talking form from a single game, and today was difficult to judge because of the heat I'd say.

His pace is useful, he's had an off day but is better than a lot of the full backs in this league, that's for sure. Walker hasn't been poor for one game by the way, and did you watch Patrick van Arnholt the other week?

He's not a world beater, but Championship? That's a bit harsh.

@redsoxuk

I take your point, certainly the subs changed the game, creating goals at both ends. A point wasn't bad, but parking the bus is a tiring tactic in the heat. We conceded possession too easily, chasing and closing down would have exhausted the team so were far too often deep in our own half, until a mistake/lucky break broke the deadlock.

It forced us to attack, and for a while we looked like winning 2:1. At that point they looked out of control of the game.

It will be good to see some other players prove themselves against Bury, but breaking down Bournmouth looks hard. Everyone is going to be heavily marking Mahrez now, so we need to have plans B and C etc.

Great to be top of the league and feeling we should be doing better. Happy days!

My points from today:

Draw fair result neother team did enough to win it, they had loads of posession but not much in dangerous areas, we kept them at arms length.

Mahrez was great going forward and always a threat however doesn't help out enough defensively, left RDL exposed too often. I think all this criticism on RDL is harsh.

CR made his subs too late, with the heat subs needed to be made on the hour, i thought we should've gone 3-5-2 too as i felt kingy and DD were getting out muscled in midfield at times.

Mixed opinion of DD on here, I didn't think he had a great game, he bottled a couple of challenges and didn't go for a couple of headers too. He is more suited in a 3 man midfield, in a 2 man we need more strength like Inler and Kante

The fact Kante came on to play on the wing tells me we need to sign another winger. We don't want to be going back to playing players out of position.

Schlupp is more suited to playing 3-5-2 he is not an attacking threat a LB and he isn't defensively good enough, this was shown with their goal.

All in all fantadtic start to the season and we have great depth in squad however i think it's time to make at least one change for Bournemouth and perhaps start Inler.

Couldn't have put it better myself

His pace is useful, he's had an off day but is better than a lot of the full backs in this league, that's for sure. Walker hasn't been poor for one game by the way, and did you watch Patrick van Arnholt the other week?

He's not a world beater, but Championship? That's a bit harsh.

Sometimes i tend to be overly harsh, from a business point though the owners should be looking at him and thinking is this the right back to get us where we want to be? They are billionaires afterall lol

Archived