Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

A scrap haha, they pissed over us & kept the ball incredibly well, Dembele ran the show. Whoever praises Drinkwater & King after today needs their head testing, they were getting overrun constantly, lacked physical presence, were very slow when they had the ball & in terms of second balls, a lot of balls dropped down in good areas, yet Drinkwater & King were nowhere to be seen.

We played better when we went with five in midfield, Kante & Inler turned things around & we played with better tempo in the last 10 minutes, for about 70 minutes our play was slow & lacklustre.

To long on the sauce today my friend.

Still undecided with Drinky at this level, good break up player and can spray some decent balls however going forward he is quite weak, his decision making can let him down. keep king in and swap Danny for Inler and play him as a holding mid. Or even take King out but Inler needs to start ahead of one of them. Crikey, we are scary going forward with the ball aren't we...

I'm absolutely stunned to see people slating RDL's performance today.

Perhaps he didn't offer as much going forward, but he defended fantastically today. I lost count of how many passes he snuffed out, tackles he made, or headers he won. I don't think he was ever beaten for pace today, either.

WhoScored even has him as our second highest-rated player today.

His spells as a CB in a back 3 perhaps have helped him settle down the defensive aspects of his game.

I can see how he can be upgraded, but I can't see why some fans have it in for him.

I'm absolutely stunned to see people slating RDL's performance today.

Perhaps he didn't offer as much going forward, but he defended fantastically today. I lost count of how many passes he snuffed out, tackles he made, or headers he won. I don't think he was ever beaten for pace today, either.

WhoScored even has him as our second highest-rated player today.

His spells as a CB in a back 3 perhaps have helped him settle down the defensive aspects of his game.

I can see how he can be upgraded, but I can't see why some fans have it in for him.

I didn't think he was that bad either.

He could 100% do better, several bad decisions today. But again support wise it was lacking throufhout, Mahrez constantly looks a couple of metres too central and it's too easy to get straight onto De Laet. So I have some sympathy for him.

He is going to cost us goals at the end of the day, so he needs to go, someone whack him out?

A draw is a fair result. I think both teams lacked real urgency going forward, they were nullifying each other for most part.

It was a rather drab match with few highlights and I was really disappointed by Drinkwater's and King's impact in central midfield. They got hardly anything right and seemed lacklustre.

And I agree that the subs should've occurred much earlier into the game, maybe as early as the 60th minute.

Comical moment of the match goes to Inler's collision with Atkinson.

De Laet was crap once again today. That's two games in a row that he has been poor. He cost us a goal today. I like the guy but maybe now is the time to invest in a new Right Back.

how the hell can you blame ritchie for that goal? surely wes and jeff sould take the brunt? i thought rdl coped pretty well today

Spurs came for the point and got it. We have to be happy with a point too even though I think we had enough to get the three points.

Drinkwater man of the match, he was outstanding.

I actually thought this was Riyads poorest game of the season, he kept trying to do too much instead of just shooting or playing a through ball and he was sulking on the floor too much when he lost the ball. He salvaged his performance with the goal of course.

I thought Drinkwaters passing was poor

Oh, and was it really that hot on the pitch today?

The two drinking breaks seemed somewhat odd, given the fact that it was rather cloudy for long stretches - but then again, I'm not exposed to that direct sunlight over the course of 90+ minutes myself, so what do I know.

I'm all for players taking a break, refueling and using the opportunity to get a quick drinking fix, but those pauses also take the flow out of the game.

Kingfox has good points, Drinkwater / King's partnership was sub-par today, as expected tbqh. Sunderland and West Ham didn't exactly prove to have a strong side / formation against us, but Tottenham in a 4-2-3-1, with hard tall midfielders and Dembele actually impressing out wide cutting in where a real test for Drinky and King. Exposing their off the ball and on the ball weaknesses against a 4-2-3-1 system, same as last season - again, the issues with our conceding last season arose with the frailty of the CMs, Tottenham didn't punish us today, but we looked far more comfortable when Kante came on and we played three across the middle with Kante dropping in from the left.

That being said King made some important covering and tackles, but the last 20 minutes were probably King's weakest in years, off the pace, mainly due to the heat I supppose, and Drinkwater did look deflated and outplayed by the opposing Tottenham CMs.

When did we go 5 in midfield?

I think you were at a different game.

Looked like Schlupp-Kante-Inler-King-Mahrez in a midfield five for the last 10 mins, Kante was everywhere.

Has it occurred to you that maybe we picked up the tempo because we were losing, not just because of the personnel?

Spurs' possession was utterly sterile. King and Drinkwater did what they needed to do defensively - they formed a block in front of the centre backs to limit the opportunity for Spurs to play through us.

On the ball they weren't good enough but I suspect that's mainly because they'd probably run 10k each worth of shuttle runs n 30 degree heat.

The change in personnel also helped though, Inler & Kante looked far more comfortable on the ball & were looking to get the ball forward at every opportunity. Tottenham were sterile; however they still had a lot of possession, they kept the ball well. Drinkwater & King didn't do enough for me, our possession & ball retention was poor because Drinkwater & King in particular kept getting overrun.

You're clueless.

Dembele ran the show lol

Saw endless amounts of the ball, he was driving forward & tried to make things happen, he had Drinky & King on the ropes.

Looked like Schlupp-Kante-Inler-King-Mahrez in a midfield five for the last 10 mins, Kante was everywhere.

This is what happened, sort of from what I saw. Should have done it sooner - the 3 CBs can cope / snuff out the lone striker allowing the midfield 5 to press higher up and get a better chance of possession. For too many points in this game Tottenham had comfortable possession around our 35 yard area, Shinji and Vardy still behind the ball chasing passes.

Was too easy.

Guest CityFan 06

Good point today against a very decent Spurs side. Mahrez goal was superb, he continues to get better and better every game. Fans support was sensational again.

I know we are not a "possession team" but if we want to start dictating abit more I think inner or kante would have to be introduced

Their time will come, when you're picking up good points it lets you blood them slowly. Kante looks exceptional, got a bit of everything. Inler looked good, couple of balls across 3/4 players that were a little too risky for me, but again you can see the quality on the ball.

Great from the lads so far but anyone agree with the following changes: Fuchs for schulp Inler and Kante for drinks and king Leo for shinji? For the Bournemouth game, or is this OTT? Any thoughts?

Maybe we go for a back 3 against Bournemouth with Schlupp as left wing back. Agree with both Kanté and Inler in midfield (Bournemouth had good possession stats at WHU). Like to see Kramaric and Vardy upfront with Mahrez just behind.

Archived