Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

I honestly thought Ulloa was going to come on at half time we were opting for a lot of route 1 hoofs, him for Okazaki seemed the obvious sub to give us a threat in the air.... Also felt for rdl today as mahrez offered little/no cover

Happy with a point but can't help but think "what if that Morgan header went anywhere else".

Okazaki didn't look right today and seemed to get floored a lot. Still would start him next time.

Disappointed in Schlupp for their goal but he did okay today. Mahrez was great. And thought Huth was solid.

A bit apprehensive about Bournemouth.

One of those games where we could have been better at keeping the ball. But cant grumble at the result and unbeaten in 3 is a better start than we could of hoped for. Innler has to start against Bournmouth for me. Was any one else screaming for Ulloa to be brought on earlier? 

Have to give credit to Spurs who played well away from home also seemed 442 didn't work as well against their 4231.  They won the most of the mid filed battles and controlled the ball very well.  Not a game that drinky and Kingy could dominate.  The formations and style of played turned us into a counter attacking team.

I understand that it was very hot today so the players really felt the heat and couldn't use their pace to dominate like the first two games.

All in all a fair result which i picked in the game thread.  could of gone either way but happy with the result.  We have prove already to ourselves and the league that we are for real and deserve to be top.

Last season we would've lost that game.

The heat definitely played a part and we were not as tenacious in going forward as we have been.

I thought we looked the better side just. That game definitely shows progress we some work needed which is more than understandable.

Schlupp as a defender does not fill me with confidence but he has shown himself to be a fast learner and that mistake on their goal will be rectified by him.

Otherwise we've taken a point against a good Spurs side. Nothing to be disheartened about.

@redsoxuk

I take your point, certainly the subs changed the game, creating goals at both ends. A point wasn't bad, but parking the bus is a tiring tactic in the heat. We conceded possession too easily, chasing and closing down would have exhausted the team so were far too often deep in our own half, until a mistake/lucky break broke the deadlock.

It forced us to attack, and for a while we looked like winning 2:1. At that point they looked out of control of the game.

It will be good to see some other players prove themselves against Bury, but breaking down Bournmouth looks hard. Everyone is going to be heavily marking Mahrez now, so we need to have plans B and C etc.

Great to be top of the league and feeling we should be doing better. Happy days!

True, I think we'll find a positive in variation this season. We weren't reliant on Mahrez, at all last season tbh. If he's heavily marked it just draws defenders too him, creating more room for others to attack.

Today showed that the only 'premier league' aspect to our play missing, is our control of the ball.

Although it was clear that our game plan (So refreshing to see us have a manager who will select a different tactic dependant on the opposition) was to sit back even more than sunderland and west ham, and it gave us 1 point more than we got home or away against these last year.

It was a good result considering how impressive spurs were. In all honesty they were pretty toothless up top, but they are what i imagined a 'premier league side' would be before the start of last season, and in my opinion their organisation and ability on the ball and sheer physicality were far better than any side we faced last season.

It was also clear today how drinkwater and king need to offer something extra to their games, whether it be physicality, killer passes or goals....because if they don't i fear their times are numbered as at the minute they are nothing more than battlers. You may think i am being harsh here, but today they were dominated in midfield by a player they should consider their equal considering they have as much PL experience (mason) and Spur's 4th choice centre half.

We can all use the cliche of 'lets not get carried away', but spurs today put in the best performance of any side coming here in the past 12 months. They had only a single point from their opening 2 fixtures, needed a reaction and got it. We can be proud of where we are at the minute, we will for sure finish above sunderland, newcastle, west brom and villa.

Today showed that the only 'premier league' aspect to our play missing, is our control of the ball.

Although it was clear that our game plan (So refreshing to see us have a manager who will select a different tactic dependant on the opposition) was to sit back even more than sunderland and west ham, and it gave us 1 point more than we got home or away against these last year.

It was a good result considering how impressive spurs were. In all honesty they were pretty toothless up top, but they are what i imagined a 'premier league side' would be before the start of last season, and in my opinion their organisation and ability on the ball and sheer physicality were far better than any side we faced last season.

It was also clear today how drinkwater and king need to offer something extra to their games, whether it be physicality, killer passes or goals....because if they don't i fear their times are numbered as at the minute they are nothing more than battlers. You may think i am being harsh here, but today they were dominated in midfield by a player they should consider their equal considering they have as much PL experience (mason) and Spur's 4th choice centre half.

We can all use the cliche of 'lets not get carried away', but spurs today put in the best performance of any side coming here in the past 12 months. They had only a single point from their opening 2 fixtures, needed a reaction and got it. We can be proud of where we are at the minute, we will for sure finish above sunderland, newcastle, west brom and villa.

Didn't go today but was it better than Chelsea's second half at our place last season?

Didn't go today but was it better than Chelsea's second half at our place last season?

Technically as it is a 'results business', chelsea created more and were more clinical.

But Spurs's ability on the ball, the defensive organisation and their physicality were more impressive....they probably are the only side to match our work-rate aswell.

They lack a cutting edge, but the rest (given the poor performances of the rest except man city) was actually top 4 standard.

Archived