Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Good point but not the best performance. Thought CR should have made changes earlier - both to give us fresh legs and to enable us to get a foothold in midfield. They had 3 in there against Drinky and Kingy which allowed them so much easy possession. As soon as we changed formation and got 3 in midfield we took charge of the game.

We changed formation?

I thought we just played Kante wide left (very odd) and jeff looked dodgy thereafter.

Leaving Okazaki on to chase shadows was a waste of man. Would have made more sense to play three in central midfield .

They were very deep to counter vardys pace so there was plenty of space out there for the midfield to play in. I thought ranieri missed a trick today. Not impressed with his tactics.

Spurs we're embarrassing in midfield. Set up to nullify the threat which they did. Created no key chances even though they had 70% possession. Conditions affected our game. Point is least we deserved as a blatant penalty was not given to us.

I was watching us play well against a very good side... they are far better than West Ham and Sunderland, we matched them and could have won it

Yes they are far better than those two sides; however we were crying out for five in midfield throughout the first half in my opinion, 4-4-2 wasn't the right formation to start with today. When we did change it we got a goal, and we pretty much dominated for the last 10 mins & perhaps could of won.

Some of these comments, deary me :nono:

That was pretty damn poor until Kante & Inler came on, when we scored we were pretty much all over them for the last ten minutes, purely because Kante & Inler showed more urgency than King & Drinkwater. King & Drinkwater looked decent for the first 15 minutes, after that they were a sack of shit, they were constantly getting overrun, lost out on many second balls & they slowed things down when they had the ball. I thought Albrighton & Okazaki struggled today as well, service into Okazaki was bad but when he did get the ball his touch was poor, it was probably Albrighton's worst performance for a while.

The defence were rarely troubled in the first 45 minutes, the back four were solid in the first half. Second half though mistakes started to creep in, Schlupp & De Laet looked physically knackered while Huth & Morgan were daydreaming at times; however all in all Wes & Huth had decent games.

Could of changed things earlier but he made the right substitutions, Kante & Inler changed the game for the last 10 minutes, one or both need to start against Bournemouth next week.

Were you sat behind a pillar,? the side I watched playing did a good job on a "top" team. I thought an area that needs attention is when attacked and the ball was lost in or around the pen area there was nobody there in the middle of the park to feed the ball back.

RDL looked exposed, and Schlupp was asleep for their goal (which was Kane's only really decent bit of play).

I think RDL needs someone in front of him who is better defensively as a ball winner. I love Mahrez, but he is an attacker. 3 at the back works better for us, and allows Albrighton and Schlupp forward.

Spurs held a lot of possession but mostly had shots from distance that were well covered, Ulloa on for Okazaki would be good at about 60 min, and would give us another option at corners, where we did not do well, as only two tall players. Inler and Kante both look promising, but Kante is no winger. Not sure why Inler fouled the ref!

A point was fair

Not sure what game you were watching, Tottenham tried to make it a scrap in midfield and we competed well throughout. It was an open game but both teams defended fairly well.

A scrap haha, they pissed over us & kept the ball incredibly well, Dembele ran the show. Whoever praises Drinkwater & King after today needs their head testing, they were getting overrun constantly, lacked physical presence, were very slow when they had the ball & in terms of second balls, a lot of balls dropped down in good areas, yet Drinkwater & King were nowhere to be seen.

We played better when we went with five in midfield, Kante & Inler turned things around & we played with better tempo in the last 10 minutes, for about 70 minutes our play was slow & lacklustre.

Agree about the subs, should have been at least 10 minutes earlier.

Okazaki played well but struggled to get in the game because Spurs had done their homework,they pressed us a lot more than other sides have done forced us to go long and they we're always going to win that battle. When we did get our short passing game going they just fouled us to break it up slow the game down and get back into shape.

14 fouls and four yellows is testament to their game plan.

Despite that we still got in behind them a few times and with a bit more composure we could have carved out some very good chances.

De Laet played very well first half, but does have this brain fart tendency to do something stupid, as does Jeff, but they both offer so much pace that I like having them in the side.

King and Drinky played well despite being outnumbered, but it is disappointing that Claudio didn't address that earlier in the game get another body in there, especially when we have so much talent on the bench.

Kasper was a bit of a worry, from my seat it looked like he hesitated in coming a few times that could have cost us.

Also Huth let us down, we were piling on the pressure going for the win late on and from a wide free kick he needless and blatantly pulled down Dier and gave away a free kick and that pretty much killed any chance of us snatching the win. Stupid from someone who should know better.

A scrap haha, they pissed over us & kept the ball incredibly well, Dembele ran the show. Whoever praises Drinkwater & King after today needs their head testing, they were getting overrun constantly, lacked physical presence, were very slow when they had the ball & in terms of second balls, a lot of balls dropped down in good areas, yet Drinkwater & King were nowhere to be seen.

We played better when we went with five in midfield, Kante & Inler turned things around & we played with better tempo in the last 10 minutes, for about 70 minutes our play was slow & lacklustre.

When did we go 5 in midfield?

I think you were at a different game.

Has it occurred to you that maybe we picked up the tempo because we were losing, not just because of the personnel?

Spurs' possession was utterly sterile. King and Drinkwater did what they needed to do defensively - they formed a block in front of the centre backs to limit the opportunity for Spurs to play through us.

On the ball they weren't good enough but I suspect that's mainly because they'd probably run 10k each worth of shuttle runs n 30 degree heat.

I thought he should have been swapping Albrighton & Mahrez during the game, Albrighton was nullified on the left because the knew he had to cut in every time but it's a fair result, they had the possession we had the 3 best chances plus the pen appeal.

8vq21bEi.jpg

You're clueless.

Dembele ran the show lol

Spurs came for the point and got it. We have to be happy with a point too even though I think we had enough to get the three points.

Drinkwater man of the match, he was outstanding.

I actually thought this was Riyads poorest game of the season, he kept trying to do too much instead of just shooting or playing a through ball and he was sulking on the floor too much when he lost the ball. He salvaged his performance with the goal of course.

De Laet was crap once again today. That's two games in a row that he has been poor. He cost us a goal today. I like the guy but maybe now is the time to invest in a new Right Back.

Schlupp was daydreaming for their goal. Should've been tracking Ali's run rather then standing with his arm in the air appealing for offside.

Played well against decent opposition.

Positives: Played better when going forward, very organised, strong awareness from certain players.

Negatives: Often struggled to keep the ball, and some of the set pieces were not great.

De Laet was crap once again today. That's two games in a row that he has been poor. He cost us a goal today. I like the guy but maybe now is the time to invest in a new Right Back.

He could 100% do better, several bad decisions today. But again support wise it was lacking throufhout, Mahrez constantly looks a couple of metres too central and it's too easy to get straight onto De Laet. So I have some sympathy for him.

Archived