Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Good point but not the best performance. Thought CR should have made changes earlier - both to give us fresh legs and to enable us to get a foothold in midfield. They had 3 in there against Drinky and Kingy which allowed them so much easy possession. As soon as we changed formation and got 3 in midfield we took charge of the game.

Subs should have been made earlier, everyone looked exhausted and we had a superb bench. Would have liked to see Ulloa add some hight against their back line. A decent point though.

yeah the lack of subs was absolutely bizzare. vardy, shinji, drinky, king and albrighton all looked half dead by like 55 mins and it took almost another 25 to change any of them.

shoutout to kingfox wanting to cash in on mahrez for four mill cos he isn't all that.

yeah the lack of subs was absolutely bizzare. vardy, shinji, drinky, king and albrighton all looked half dead by like 55 mins and it took almost another 25 to change any of them.

shoutout to kingfox wanting to cash in on mahrez for four mill cos he isn't all that.

He's only a kid bless him lol

Spurs are a bloody good side, so it was always going to be more difficult for us today... thought we played well and had our chances to even win. Against very good sides like Spurs our front players were never going to have an easy ride or the space they had against West Ham and Sunderland

Not sure why we left it so late to make changes, it's been the same in every game but we really needed it today. Spurs defence was really solid for the most part, they were sitting too far back and too quick to react for Vardy to get in behind them. Inler looked very good from the little we saw, I think we could've taken control of the game if we brought him (or Kante) on for Okazaki earlier. Okazaki was completely innefective. Spurs kept the ball well but they didn't really ask many questions of our defence. They were far better than our first two opponents though, pretty pleased with a point overall.

Really good goal but I didn't think Mahrez was near his level of performance of the previous games, seemed to miscontrol it a few times and ran into dead ends (partly because Spurs are actually able to defend). One of the things that has impressed me most about Mahrez this season though is his defensive work rate. Not sure why people are vilifying de Laet either, thought he played pretty well today for the most part, though he probably is the weakest link in the team.

Happy with that.

Given that we are flying, they aren't doing amazing (Apparently they played shite at United, they lost a 2 goal lead last week to draw) and the fact we were at home I was gunning for the win but in normal circumstances i'd probably be looking at a draw against a team like Spurs.

Didn't think we were bang at it like we have been but we were still more than good enough, very good and I think it was more the heat for the reason we weren't playing with the same tempo and intensity.

Think a draw was a fair result, both teams could have won it.

Thought we were gonna nick it at the death though!

Great result taking all into account.....could have been so different if the ref had made the correct decision on the penalty we "won" Big Thanks from me to all you guys at the ground, you're certainly getting us noticed.....Trevor Francis said of the watching Roy Hodgson...he must be thinking..."I wish we could transfer this kind of support to Wembley" can't do much better than that my friends. :chant: :chant: :chant:

Some of these comments, deary me :nono:

That was pretty damn poor until Kante & Inler came on, when we scored we were pretty much all over them for the last ten minutes, purely because Kante & Inler showed more urgency than King & Drinkwater. King & Drinkwater looked decent for the first 15 minutes, after that they were a sack of shit, they were constantly getting overrun, lost out on many second balls & they slowed things down when they had the ball. I thought Albrighton & Okazaki struggled today as well, service into Okazaki was bad but when he did get the ball his touch was poor, it was probably Albrighton's worst performance for a while.

The defence were rarely troubled in the first 45 minutes, the back four were solid in the first half. Second half though mistakes started to creep in, Schlupp & De Laet looked physically knackered while Huth & Morgan were daydreaming at times; however all in all Wes & Huth had decent games.

Could of changed things earlier but he made the right substitutions, Kante & Inler changed the game for the last 10 minutes, one or both need to start against Bournemouth next week.

With the run of games we've got coming up we could be all but safe by Christmas if we keep up this momentum. Squad looks great compared to last season. Inler looked good when he came on.

Bury a good chance for the whole bench to have a run out.

Draw was probably the right result. We put a shift in but Spurs did a job on us really and limited the amount of times we got in behind with our pace.

It's been a long time since I watched us in a shit game. Atmosphere was incredible again and we can be proud of our performance again.

Strikers looked knackered after an hour and it would have been nice to see Kramaric given a chance.

That was pretty damn poor until Kante & Inler came on, when we scored we were pretty much all over them for the last ten minutes, purely because Kante & Inler showed more urgency than King & Drinkwater. King & Drinkwater looked decent for the first 15 minutes, after that they were a sack of shit, they were constantly getting overrun, lost out on many second balls & they slowed things down when they had the ball. I thought Albrighton & Okazaki struggled today as well, service into Okazaki was bad but when he did get the ball his touch was poor, it was probably Albrighton's worst performance for a while.

The defence were rarely troubled in the first 45 minutes, the back four were solid in the first half. Second half though mistakes started to creep in, Schlupp & De Laet looked physically knackered while Huth & Morgan were daydreaming at times; however all in all Wes & Huth had decent games.

Could of changed things earlier but he made the right substitutions, Kante & Inler changed the game for the last 10 minutes, one or both need to start against Bournemouth next week.

I was watching us play well against a very good side... they are far better than West Ham and Sunderland, we matched them and could have won it

So many thoughts after today.

- The atmosphere just gets better. "Fortress" is such a cliché, but every single supporter and player is doing their bit to create one, Songs starting in the west stand behind me to day and going around the ground!! Unheard of. Those 'clappers' involve people who wouldn't normally be involved and its become a habit. I'm all for it. The more oppo fans say they hate them, the more convinced I am that they are doing a good job.

- Schlupp as a full back in a flat back for denies us one of our most potent attacking threats

- I think Kante will become my new fave player by end of season. Such energy and desire. Fabulous. He has to start. Soon. Very soon.

-DD is rejuvenated

- Spurs are one of the strongest teams in the league. The idea that the Harlem Globetotters are going to pitch up one week is a myth. These are about as good as it gets in this league. And we do not look out of place competing at that level. We gave them a damn good game.

Rant over. Apologies to anyone who stuck with it all the way through.

That's all a load of sh!t

Not sure what game you were watching, Tottenham tried to make it a scrap in midfield and we competed well throughout. It was an open game but both teams defended fairly well.

Our players played well in the main but it was a different match to the last two, Spurs sat back and tried to contain us and it was much more difficult to create chances but we still played some nice stuff and looked dangerous. My main criticism, if anything, was Mahrez's poor decision making in the final 3rd, before he rescued the game with another great strike.

It would have been robbery had we lost and that says a lot considering the class of opposition. It wasn't perfect but it was a very solid and decent performance.

Archived