Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

5 degrees cooler and a little less humid and I think we would have seen a far more energised performance.

I think we reigned it in a bit today to try and stay the distance.

Would have loved a win but happy with a draw.

Considering the heat I thought we played quite well.

Spurs did their best to stop us having the ball but at the same time could not really break us down in the first half.

The second half the game became more open and 1-1 was about right.

A draw was a fair result in my opinion, as neither side deserved to win it.

A bit like the much maligned Kingfox on here, i also felt we were a little poor today.

I felt we seemed to have dropped 10 yards off the opposition players today, instead of carrying on with the, being in their faces approach of our recent good run, this i`m hoping was down to the heat and not down to Ranieri changing our approach to games, because we look so much better playing high intensity, in your face, taking the game to the opposition football.

Tottenham for all their possession offered very little, and were actually poor and there for the taking in my opinion, i`m surprised so many on here seem to think they were a quality side, on todays performance.

Substitutions as has been said, seemed to come far to late.

I think it was clear from the hour onwards that we had a number of players who were struggling with fatigue.

Very impressed with Kante when he came on, and he must be pushing for a first team spot now, and Innler was decent, but not on for long enough to truly judge in my opinion.

As for their goal, my god Jeff Schlupp, Wakey Wakey!! I`m a big fan of Schlupp, always have been, even when he has been lambasted on here in the past, but i have to say, that today wasn`t his best day, and he was absolutely shocking for their goal.

I think Schlupp looks far better as a wing back, knowing he has the insurance of the extra central defender to cover for him, rather than as an out and out full back, and as someone said in an earlier post, playing Schlupp as we are, we are not getting the best of him, and are missing the pace and speed of his attacking presence out wide.

DeLaet is an ok full back, but we can and should get better in my opinion.

Mahrez can be anything he wants to be, he has so much quality, i just wish at times he would get his head up and look at the bigger picture, and realise that he does sometimes have team mates that might actually be in a better position than him, should he give them the ball.

Ranieri did say after the game, the heat had a big bearing on how we played.

Mahrez is a footballing titan.

One day he'll have nostalgic, sepia footage of him shown on a sky sports documentary called "Magic Mahrez".

As for everyone else, solid game considering they had a lot of possession.

Richie was shite mind... Let's get a better option in at RB.

I was dissapointed with Kasper today. So many balls he could have come out and claimed and didnt - which could have led to a goal.

Every game he makes at least one mistake - Im beginning to wonder where he would be if his dad wasnt Peter!

I was dissapointed with Kasper today. So many balls he could have come out and claimed and didnt - which could have led to a goal.

Every game he makes at least one mistake - Im beginning to wonder where he would be if his dad wasnt Peter!

You're a clown, piss off.

If only Wes would have headed it anywhere other than at Hugo's legs...!

If only!

Dead chuffed though. 7 points from 9 is a super start.

Yeah if only it was Ulloa on the end of that cross! To be fair he didn't really have time to place it.

Fantastic start and we look like we've maintained our team spirit. Exciting times to be a Leicester fan

Very cagey and tactical game until things opened out a bit near the end - inevitable I guess given the weather and good to see we can play that way when necessary now.  Spurs were by some distance the best team we have played since Chelsea, so all in all a point was a good result for us I thought.

Very cagey and tactical game until things opened out a bit near the end - inevitable I guess given the weather and good to see we can play that way when necessary now. Spurs were by some distance the best team we have played since Chelsea, so all in all a point was a good result for us I thought.

Nice to see that we can mix it up a bit and we're not just gung ho all of the time. Dug in today and got a well deserved point which probably should've been 3

Measure of how far we have come that I am disappointed we didn't win it, although I'd have taken a point before the game and we were fortunate that Eriksen was out as they'd have created much more with him playing.

Comical defending for their goal (think the whole back 5 share the blame for it really) but great reaction from the team. Its particularly pleasing that that trait has remained so far post-NP.

Can't knock Vards and Oka imo because Spurs played with 2 midfielders sitting and their back 5 had done their homework. Pochettino is tactically astute and I thought they came with a good gameplan. We'd have been better off putting Mahrez in the hole or getting Ulloa on for one of the front 2 at HT.

Thought they generally looked a bit lazier today and significantly less intense but I can accept the heat played its part and it was wise to conserve energy against their possession-based approach.

Score draw was what I predicted and I think it was a fair result. Its an excellent point if we win at Bournemouth next week.

Measure of how far we have come that I am disappointed we didn't win it, although I'd have taken a point before the game and we were fortunate that Eriksen was out as they'd have created much more with him playing.

Comical defending for their goal (think the whole back 5 share the blame for it really) but great reaction from the team. Its particularly pleasing that that trait has remained so far post-NP.

Can't knock Vards and Oka imo because Spurs played with 2 midfielders sitting and their back 5 had done their homework. Pochettino is tactically astute and I thought they came with a good gameplan. We'd have been better off putting Mahrez in the hole or getting Ulloa on for one of the front 2 at HT.

Thought they generally looked a bit lazier today and significantly less intense but I can accept the heat played its part and it was wise to conserve energy against their possession-based approach.

Score draw was what I predicted and I think it was a fair result. Its an excellent point if we win at Bournemouth next week.

I thought that was just the way our gameplay was, rather than being lazy.

We setup to defend deep and counter...people will probably look at the amount of the ball spurs had and lead to believe they dominated, but we had the better chances.

Not a bad result I feel we could have won it though Morgan was very unlcuky at the end,

Marhez man of the match for me should have had a peno, hit the post, scored a clinical goal and nearly got an assist, Brilliant player!

Kante looked good when he came on, Drinkwater had another good game and Inler looks like a solid player.

All in all its not a bad result, could have easily won it but will take the draw if we can win the next 2.

Agree with all of that. Inler looked good but Kante was most impressive of the subs. Drinkwater looked very comfortable again, and I'd say King is the more likely to get dropped eventually of the 2 (although CR's subs might suggest otherwise).

We needed Ulloa or Kramaric up top after about 70 mins I thought. Okazaki especially looked knackered. 

Archived