Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

first, he will stay in england like he said .he's a massive fan of the PL. unless braca ask for him, he cant refuse that

he also said that he,s verry happy at LCFC and i beleave him, he's top of the league, plays with verry good side and with a coach that beleives in him 100%.

he is a grounded lad, i doubt he will be turned by money.

and finnaly, yes, he changed his style since ranieri, you can see the difference between now the the sunderland game (even if i miss the mazzy runs), now hes passes when it takes a pass and plays intelligently.

even with algeria national team, he improved a lot thanks to claudio.

he's fantastic on giving through balls, clutch balls and he improved his finishing.

a joy to wath this guay

I watched the game yesterday.. And what I liked about Mahrez is him opening up for himself options by becoming unpredictable (in regard of how defenders would approach him).

At times you're not sure, is he dribling right or is he cutting diagonal, or simply pass it or cross it to the other player.

Variety of options that makes defenders hesitant.

We saw that in the 2nd goal yesterday, his timings certainly open up spaces.

Looks like the defenders wanted to close spaces on Mahrez in case he makes his way into the surface leaving Ulloa totally unmarked , setting their priorities wrong which opens up option for Mahrez with a simple intelligent cross reaching the totally unmarked striker.

--------------------------------------

Concerning the video on top post of Aissa Mandi (thx for posting), Note that the player is actually a defender (right back).

• 2 weeks later...

just seen on my timehop from one year ago;

"when riyad runs with the ball its hard to believe we arent playing in the champions league" 

an now in a year's time we will be WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE 

Our last premier league hat trick (before Riyad's) was Stan Collymore's. There has been 13 in between, how many can you name?

Connolly, Horsfield, Howard, fryatt (x3?) nugent and did Yakubu get one? Can't remember if dickov or Deane got one.

Schluppy got one in the league cup. Oh and beckford against forest.

Connolly, Horsfield, Howard, fryatt (x3?) nugent and did Yakubu get one? Can't remember if dickov or Deane got one.

Schluppy got one in the league cup.

Connolly, Howard, Fryatt (x2), Nugent, Yakubu, Dickov and Schlupp. There's 8. Horsfield didn't. Beckford too, that's 9.

Our last premier league hat trick (before Riyad's) was Stan Collymore's against Sunderland in March 2000. There has been 13 in between, how many can you name?

Dodoo v Bury

Beckford v Forest

Jeff v Rotheram

Wood v Carlisle

Wood v Bristol City

Yakubu v Middlesborough

Gally v Scunny

Fryatt v Southend

Fryatt v Dag and Red

Howard v WBA

Connolly v Stoke

Dickov v Wimbledon

Nugent v Hull

It's a testament to just how good we know Mahrez is because the lad has gone and ripped in a hat-trick and it's been treated on here as no biggy! I'm not saying we should be sniffing his ring piece more over the hat-trick but to think back to the hysteria we've seen on here about players and goals that were nowehere near to what Mahrez is achieving and it just shows how good he really is.

I expect him to score almost every away game. He seems to get way more space and freedom away from home which I suspect is down to the home teams coming at us and gifting us space. I'd love to see another match winning performance from him on Monday, he's got the world at his feet.

Anyone else a little paranoid about the possibility of a release clause in Riyads newish contract...and it being low enough for someone like L'Arse or Spurs to consider triggering it come January or the summer time?

I'm pretty sure such a thing would have been included in his contract and given his merely reasonable form before it was signed the amount might not be big enough to keep the wolves from the door.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, and even if I'm not I hope that Mahrez would not have his head turned enough to consider leaving.

@@leicsmac A couple days before the club announced the new contract, there were a couple twitter reports saying he signed a new contract and it did not have a release clause in it. Also, with how his agent talked about him probably not going anywhere in Jan because the club needs him, that makes it sound like there isn't one.

@@leicsmac A couple days before the club announced the new contract, there were a couple twitter reports saying he signed a new contract and it did not have a release clause in it. Also, with how his agent talked about him probably not going anywhere in Jan because the club needs him, that makes it sound like there isn't one.

That's reasonably reassuring then...means we can name our price rather than being dictated to.

Archived