Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

He is our Jesus Christ.

I just love watching the flair and skill he brings. His goal last night was sublime. His assist for Vardy's goal was a sensational ball too!

It weren't just those important goals and assists. His skill and dynamism actually scared the Chelsea defence! 

Love the guy. Love the team. Bloody love being a Leicester fan these days!!!!

Hope he stays here for a couple more years at least, but come the end of the season, if he's still performing like he is now and a top, top club comes in for him, not your Arsenal's, Liverpool's or Man Utd's, but someone like PSG, Bayern or even Real Madrid and Barcelona, I'd love it if he went somewhere like that, he is world class!

Guest CityFan 06

A piece of brilliance for his goal last night. Real pure quality. Good for him to get the assist for Vardy to score from, that was a very good ball in for Vards as well.

Bit worrying

Mahrez, who has been at the centre of a host of Leicester's goals this campaign, has been linked with switches away from the King Power Stadium this January.

But he has confirmed that he intends to stay at the club at least until the end of the current season.

Speaking in an interview on RMC, he said: "I will stay until the end of the season."

Table-topping Leicester remain the season's surprise package in the Premier League, but Mahrez insists that they are not getting carried away.

If we finished top 4 I'd be a bit annoyed if he left, this lad could easily be playing at Bayern Munich/Real Madrid/Barcelona. End of the day even if we win the league we will not be that calibre of team and that's where he should clearly be playing. Hopefully he stays beyond January but realistically he is one of the best players in the world and we aren't one of the biggest teams in the world.

I just hope if he goes it is to Barca or someone out of the PL. Don't like the idea of Man U or some other team of ***** signing him and then Mahrez ruining our defence when we play them.

It'll be hard to win the Champion's League Final if he's destroying our defence...

If he left I would guess it would be to Barcelona or similar not a bigger top 6 Premiership club.

Still asking a lot (whatever the stats say) but a top 4 slot would surely keep him at the KP

Pundits on Sky Sports thought Vardy and Mahrez would be foolish to move on speaking after the game. Winning and scoring in almost every game they are living the dream surely.Whatever the final table is we have the best team spirit in the league.

Anyway lets enjoy the moment all time best ever start at top level

Bit worrying

Mahrez, who has been at the centre of a host of Leicester's goals this campaign, has been linked with switches away from the King Power Stadium this January.

But he has confirmed that he intends to stay at the club at least until the end of the current season.

Speaking in an interview on RMC, he said: "I will stay until the end of the season."

Table-topping Leicester remain the season's surprise package in the Premier League, but Mahrez insists that they are not getting carried away.

Poor translation.

he said something along the lines of getting to the end of the season, then we'll see.

honest really. he probably knows he'll have his pick of where to go but is happy right now and if he is happy, chances are his good form will continue!

i doubt he would leave for another premier league team anyway.

Barca would be the ideal destination, is he a fan? - i think there was a picture of him on here once in a barcelona shirt???

He won't finish his career at Leicester City, I think we all know that. Just enjoy him while you can. He will end up as one of the world's best players at one of the world's top clubs, there is no doubt in my mind. And I'm fairly pessimistic as fans go.

Here's the interview, if you want to hear for yourself: http://rmc.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/audio/rmc-1612-l-invite-de-luis-attaque-riyad-mahrez-287421.html

Nothing controversial, just media trying to spin some words (kinda like how the headlines are "Mahrez says: No one can stop me", when in the post-match interview, he clearly says "I don't know if no one can stop me". I mean, given he's learned a reasonable command of English in two years, it's kinda shit that his words are being skewed because his double negative wasn't understood.)

Anyway, more or less, he says, "I will stay through the season [i.e. not leave in January]" in a pretty affirmative matter, and kinda treads on saying who knows what the future (summer) holds.

Here's the interview, if you want to hear for yourself: http://rmc.bfmtv.com...rez-287421.html

He said that he's not gonna leave for sure this winter and that he wants to help the team keep this run and if him, Vardy or Kante would leave it will ruin the team chances of  having  a top spot 

He said as well that he loves playing for the club and the city that he didn't know anything about it before he joined back in 2014

I really doubt the owners would sell him to a competing Premier League club if we finish Top 4. I doubt they would sell him to a Premier League club at all, actually.

They're definitely not going to sell in January unless the offers coming in are truly massive (50 million) and we've gone and lost 3 straight.

Finish in the top four, even top six, and all our players will get massive new contracts. They wont want to leave.

We will be able to bring in more top class players, not necessarily expensive but the type we have been scouting and struggling to get, and then we can continue to push on. Whether that means we will consolidate top 10 or better, I don't know. If we become a boring middle of the PL table, I'd be disappointed. I think I'd rather we were a risky, attractive football team, than a boring middle of the pack team.

Archived