Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

I have a feeling that we spend 15-20mil at the January window and make a run at staying in the Top 8 for the rest of the slate. We'll probably sell Mahrez at the end of the season, but not before doubling down on some young, high-energy attackers to keep pace with Vardy. Hopefully we then use the Mahrez money to invest in some quality defenders. I've been pretty satisfied with our midfielders, after some early issues.

I will be very pissed off if we sell Mahrez or Vardy in the transfer window or post season. As I have posted before - we are in a very very strong financial position these days so we no longer have to sell on stars to balance the books. Unless someone comes along and offers stupid money like £50 million then we will never be able to push for higher honours if we sell on the likes of Mahrez and Vardy. The owners have stated that they want us to be a club that can compete at the top end of the table and for that to happen we need to retain the star players and bring in others around them as we have done to a certain degree this season with Kante and Fuchs turning out to be very good signings. Simple as that even though it isn't simple but you get my drift!

I want to see Leicester up there for an extended period, not just one or two years and slip right back because we sell away our stars. We need to be feared and fighting for top honours.

How do you guys feel with making bid for Charlie Austin? Maybe shipping off Ulloa he is a far better player IMO and both similar being big strikers 

He'd be perfect for the role alongside Vardy, but there are rumours Nige might be taking the QPR job soon, so if that happens there's 0% chance! We should keep hold of Ulloa though, he's a good player and he's something different.

Is there a reason that nobody paid for Austin in the off-season? It seems out of sorts that he had to spend this fall with the Rangers in the Championship. I don't know anything about his wages or their demands, but I seem to remember thinking they were somewhat high but reasonable enough (especially for an English player - Hell, even Danny Ings was sold for a pretty penny and I think that Ings was inferior to Austin)

QPR wouldn't take a little less and Austin thought he was too good to join a team not in the top 6.

I imagine he'll be looking to get out of a mid table (and descending) championship team now.

Is there a reason that nobody paid for Austin in the off-season? It seems out of sorts that he had to spend this fall with the Rangers in the Championship. I don't know anything about his wages or their demands, but I seem to remember thinking they were somewhat high but reasonable enough (especially for an English player - Hell, even Danny Ings was sold for a pretty penny and I think that Ings was inferior to Austin)

I think this may be the last year of his QPR contract so his value will be much reduced in the January transfer window or free in the summer. Also fitness doubts as publicly elaborated on by the West Ham chairman although Austin has given a strong rebuttal.

Archived