Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

I thought both Sessengnon (no idea how to spell such a poxy name) and Rondon looked class today, I realise the latter had only just joined West brom but we should have a crack at him in the summer - a five times better version of Ulloa.

I thought both Sessengnon (no idea how to spell such a poxy name) and Rondon looked class today, I realise the latter had only just joined West brom but we should have a crack at him in the summer - a five times better version of Ulloa.

Five times better than Ulloa when you've seen him play one game. Good one

Five times better than Ulloa when you've seen him play one game. Good one

So you'd never heard of Rondon before he joined West brom? Good one.

Yeah. What has he done to be considered 5 times better than Ulloa or better at all for that matter

So you don't think Rondon is better than Ulloa? Forget the five times bit, don't waste your time trying to distract from the question, is he not better? He's faster, better in the ball, as good in the air and is known as a quality player.

So you don't think Rondon is better than Ulloa? Forget the five times bit, don't waste your time trying to distract from the question, is he not better? He's faster, better in the ball, as good in the air and is known as a quality player.

No honestly don't think he's anything special at all. I'd take Ulloa over him whether he's a 'known quality player' or not

I'm going to be boring and say I'm happy if we sign nobody. We have too many players in the squad who haven't been given a chance to impress as of yet and it is hard to pin point the weak areas within our squad until they do. 

Right back is an obvious concern like it was in the summer but Simpson has at least looked more reliable defensively than De Laet who simply doesn't look PL standard in my opinion. We obviously also need a better and younger 2nd choice keeper than Schwarzer but there are always free and cheap options available in the summer for that slot and I don't consider it urgent unless Kasper gets injured in the next couple of months. 

If we were to make top six by the end we have to do the following IMO:

Retain our best players.

Sign a younger and quicker centre back. Someone who is still quality, but younger.

Sign a better right back

And sign a top striker, in case Vardy gets injured.

Thirty million should do it... lol

Sign those players and we would be superb.

If we were to make top six by the end we have to do the following IMO:

Retain our best players.

Sign a younger and quicker centre back. Someone who is still quality, but younger.

Sign a better right back

And sign a top striker, in case Vardy gets injured.

Thirty million should do it... lol

Sign those players and we would be superb.

Agreed, and I'd also add in a quality Goalkeeper and an attacking midfielder, someone like Mane, Payet, Bojan. To provide more options.

I can't see us signing anymore than one or two players in January.

If we are in a similar position come the start of January do players that wouldn't have considered joining us before start to take a look and think we are an attractive proposition?

As ever I think this window will be more about keeping hold of our prized assets more than what we bring in. A defender or two are musts

Honestly think any new signings could be as much of a hinderance as a help at the moment. Don't underestimate the bond the players have, as well as CR's signings looking the weakest of the summer recruits. 

If the scouting dept. spot another Mahrez then fair enough (especially if a GK, RB or CB) but other than that I just love what we have.

With all due sympathy for Shaqiri, so far he's shown little of what he's capable of. I do hope he finds his feet in the Premier League quickly or else his career will plummet.

Just look at the clubs he's been at so far - how do you see it continuing?

Basel>Bayern München>Inter Milan>Stoke City>(Barwell)

Here's the big problem we have now, suddenly a lot of players will want to join us. The management will be pestered with agents pushing their players forward. We need to be very careful we don't attract any mercenaries with past names. I prefer our approach to signings which NP and the staff adopted. Namely identifying up and coming young and hungry talent like Mahrez,Vardy,Kante. If CR is smart he'll leave it to the scouting staff to find these players. Thereby protecting what we have at present which is a unified bunch of players all working together for the common good.

Get this wrong and everything could come crashing down quickly. The players we need are out there we just have to go and find them, and in that I trust Walsh and his staff more than CR.

I'd take Tripper on load if available, and does anybody think Pato would be a great signing, albeit he would probably demand a high wage, he would he a great partnership with Vardy! He's looking to get his career back on track aswell, joining us would be perfect for him

On fifa...

Archived