Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

A keeper would be my top priority, can`t for the life of me understand what anyone see`s in KS, absolutely his fault we conceded today and has been at fault for many more, a decent shot stopper but there it ends, woeful with high balls in, glues himself to the sodding line and his distribution is awful, if we are to stay up at this level a proper keeper is a must.

His distribution is superb. Up there with the best in the league.

I don't know if this is addressed at me, but if it is - I'm not talking about the goal we conceded yesterday. I can say, hand on heart, that goal never even crossed my mind as I wrote that comment about Okazaki. I don't even blame him for it - it was a mismatch, and that's always going to happen while the average height of our players is as low as it is. Kasper could have got to it before Pigfvcker, as well.

I was thinking about all the times he gives away possesion via a misplaced pass or gets pushed off the ball too easily. I admire his work rate, and I really want him to play his way into the team on merit. I'm just getting a bit tired of his disappointing performances now.

Getting in a number 10 has got to be the main priority for January. Maybe a tall one.

Oh, and "pre Madonnas" lol

lol phone auto corrects that one every time so leave it out. No way kasper should have come for that, the players were marked before said marker was shoved to the floor. Your wrong. Kasper is a quality shot stopper, has amazing distribution and is brilliant one vs one. He is up there with the best!

We do need another striker though, I can't argue that. For what we paid for them I expected a lot more from both Leo and Shinji, Shinji is like a poor mans Nugent. I honestly think Nuge could still be doing a better job in that role alongside Vardy. We need someone better though, just not sure who, it's a rare position nowadays, not many teams play the way we do. Someone like Benteke would be ideal, or more likely to happen someone like wijnaldum from Newcastle, we might be able to tempt him away. Callum Wilson would have been ideal if he hadn't of injured himself them there week. Cheeky bid for Bolasie or Cabaye?

What ???? it`s dreadful, straight into touch time and time again, hardly ever plays a pass when there are players making runs or coming short for him, always the hoof, almost never throws or rolls the ball out, in fact he only ever starts doing that when Ulloa is on when he would actually have someone to aim at, also takes months with every goal kick even if we are chasing a game, the bloke is simply rubbish and now Hamer is back I would have no hesitation in dropping him.

Burdened with a heavy injury history (less than 120 games for Milan in five years) and rather wasteful in front of goal as of recent. No, thanks.

We'd also have to pay silly wages just to lure him away from his native Brazil.

Absolutely love the idea that we shouldn't sign a player because he's only played 120 games in 5 years for Milan. Shows how far we've come.

I couldn't disagree more. His distribution is utterly abysmal. Goes out of play or straight to the opposition the majority of the time. Every now and again one will come off like yesterday but it's so so rare compared to an overwhelming majority of missing his target.

Schmeichel's distribution suits our style. That isn't the first time we've scored from a move he started.

You're right. It is the first in about a year though and only about the 5th in his 4 1/2 years here.

It doesn't take much to have quick release distribution for a goalkeeper, but Schmeichel's gives the ball away far more times than it hits.

Kramaric has interest in him from Juve, Inter and AC Milan apparently, let's hope for a bidding war!

I think it's fair to say not a single City fan expected Vardy to be doing so well this season... And I'm sure that's the main reason he hasn't played much...

But to have those clubs after him should hopefully boost his confidence..

You're right. It is the first in about a year though and only about the 5th in his 4 1/2 years here.

It doesn't take much to have quick release distribution for a goalkeeper, but Schmeichel's gives the ball away far more times than it hits.

Your clearly trolling so I won't bother posting much. But you are wrong. You clearly watch different games to the rest of us. Kasper wins us points with his saves and his quality distribution. That's enough for him to be our first choice keeper for me.

Your clearly trolling so I won't bother posting much. But you are wrong. You clearly watch different games to the rest of us. Kasper wins us points with his saves and his quality distribution. That's enough for him to be our first choice keeper for me.

He's not the only one who disagrees so why do you think he's trolling - is it just because he holds a different view?

Personally I think Kasper is overall one of the weaker keepers in the league. He is a decent shot stopper but he doesn't control his 6 yd area let alone his box and back line. I fear at every set piece because he simply isn't good enough. His distribution is poor. He occasionally gives a good ball but mostly he just blasts the ball up and we hopr to get it on the second bounce. He certianly doesn't play it to his backs anywhere near enough - even when they have no-one on them and considering we're a passing team that's a crime. Great ball out to Fuchs this weekend though.

We can easily upgrade at goalkeeper - probably easier than any other position.

And whoever mentioned Hamer - no thanks - he's at best a championship goalie and given our immense level rise he needs to be sold on too.

Why does any little criticism of a player have to equate to 'trolling'?

I agree with FIF. Kasper's distribution is very very hit and miss. It actually always has been. I remember when he tried to hit Beckford with the early long ball and we gave the ball away time and time again. It would be worth looking at more closely, Ie how many of his long kicks actually do end up with our own players.

And he doesn't command his area at all well. I still think he's a little too small.

As a shot stopper...superb..always has been.

He's not the only one who disagrees so why do you think he's trolling - is it just because he holds a different view?

Personally I think Kasper is overall one of the weaker keepers in the league. He is a decent shot stopper but he doesn't control his 6 yd area let alone his box and back line. I fear at every set piece because he simply isn't good enough. His distribution is poor. He occasionally gives a good ball but mostly he just blasts the ball up and we hopr to get it on the second bounce. He certianly doesn't play it to his backs anywhere near enough - even when they have no-one on them and considering we're a passing team that's a crime. Great ball out to Fuchs this weekend though.

We can easily upgrade at goalkeeper - probably easier than any other position.

And whoever mentioned Hamer - no thanks - he's at best a championship goalie and given our immense level rise he needs to be sold on too.

Even if I wouldn't blame Kasper for the United goal, I agree that his weakness is dealing with high crosses and set pieces. Maybe that's partly because he's not that tall for a keeper. Though he deals with high crosses close to his line well enough, so maybe it is just a weakness.

I disagree about his distribution, though. Yes, he is "hit and miss" in this area, but that's mainly because his distribution is deliberately more high-risk, high-reward than most keepers. Some keepers will mainly play easy short passes/throws to defenders for a slow, possession-based passing build-up. If Kasper played it out short more to Morgan, Huth & co, he'd give possession away less. But he'd also create fewer attacking opportunities.

Unlike most teams we mainly play 4-4-2 with a fast attacking style, not one based on midfield possession and the slow creation of openings. If the ball went out more to our defenders (none of whom are brilliant at distribution, apart from Fuchs), either they'd be playing long balls - probably worse than Kasper - or Drinky and N'Golo could end up losing it to a 3-man opposing midfield, giving the opposition attacking opportunities.

Some of his long kicks for Vardy or down the wings go astray, but some create real attacking opportunities (at a premium in the Premier League) or produce LCFC possession in the attacking third. He also has a good line in long, curved throws down the wings that often set up attacks.

He also makes very few outright gaffes. How often has he fvcked up like Gomes did for Watford against us or like Weale did for us against Forest a few years back?

I'm not pretending that he's the perfect keeper. I'd rate him as a mid-range Premier League keeper - strengths and weaknesses. If the LCFC owners wanted to go all-out for a Champions League spot, they might consider a replacement, but if our target for this season is now upper-mid-table with an outside chance of Europa League, then Kasper is fine.....just needs to work on high, deep crosses and controlling his area a bit more.

I'm not pretending that he's the perfect keeper. I'd rate him as a mid-range Premier League keeper - strengths and weaknesses. If the LCFC owners wanted to go all-out for a Champions League spot, they might consider a replacement, but if our target for this season is now upper-mid-table with an outside chance of Europa League, then Kasper is fine.....just needs to work on high, deep crosses and controlling his area a bit more.

I always listen to and rate your opinion but I think there are at least 20 better goalkeepers in the English pro leagues and that isn't what we need now that we see we have a genuine possibility to be a top 8 team.

Love him, he's done us proud  but it's time to upgrade the GK position.

There's got to be some hardworking Germans out there in the Bundesliga. Stevie Walsh will have some absolute gems on the horizon I can just feel it, imagine the sorts he can find now the leash is off?!

He's been in Spain watching, (I think it was) Valencia in the past two weeks, so yeah, It seems like they are looking a bit higher up the leagues now.

Archived