Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Perhaps we'll resign cambiasso in January... To help us see out winning the league title?...

The same thought crossed my mind. He's not getting much if any game time in Greece. Can't see it happening though.

With the way things are going, why re-sign Cambiasso when even Inler can't make the starting XI?

The same thought crossed my mind. He's not getting much if any game time in Greece. Can't see it happening though.

Cambiasso the new Matty Fryatt.

Perhaps we can sign them both because they're both available.

There is a reason Camby moved to us for no fee and then from us for no fee and is unable to get into a greek team.

It's because he's old, slow and past it.

He should've gone to the MLS.

Cambiasso the new Matty Fryatt.

Perhaps we can sign them both because they're both available.

There is a reason Camby moved to us for no fee and then from us for no fee and is unable to get into a greek team.

It's because he's old, slow and past it.

He should've gone to the MLS.

Wow. Short memory.

A keeper would be my top priority, can`t for the life of me understand what anyone see`s in KS, absolutely his fault we conceded today and has been at fault for many more, a decent shot stopper but there it ends, woeful with high balls in, glues himself to the sodding line and his distribution is awful, if we are to stay up at this level a proper keeper is a must.

A keeper would be my top priority, can`t for the life of me understand what anyone see`s in KS, absolutely his fault we conceded today and has been at fault for many more, a decent shot stopper but there it ends, woeful with high balls in, glues himself to the sodding line and his distribution is awful, if we are to stay up at this level a proper keeper is a must.

really? he came out a few times today and set fuchs up with the assist, don't think he could have done too much against that header, we're just generally shit at corners

The corner was in the six yard box Filbo, ANYTHING in there should be the keepers, they even pointed it out on match of the day, he came for the one before but stayed at home for the second, almost identical one.

Simply blaming Kasper for that goal was unfair of MOTD. The corner was almost identical to the earlier one - but it was not identical. It looked higher and swung in more from a bit further out.

Seemed 50-50 as to whether he should have come out for it. In fact, it was a very good corner. The marker (Okazaki?) didn't cover himself with glory either. No way should an attacker be able to run in and get a clear jump and unhindered header inside the 6-yard box, even if the keeper should have come (and I'd say it was only 50-50 on that).

I presume KS comes out for high crosses less than some other keepers as he's comparatively small for a keeper (only just over 6ft, I think, whereas many of them are 6ft 5in or more these days). His distribution is one of his absolute strengths.

I would like us to have another good keeper to compete with him, though. Schwarzer was great in his day, but hasn't convinced me when I've seen him in the last 1-2 years - too slow getting down. 

Simply blaming Kasper for that goal was unfair of MOTD. The corner was almost identical to the earlier one - but it was not identical. It looked higher and swung in more from a bit further out.

Seemed 50-50 as to whether he should have come out for it. In fact, it was a very good corner. The marker (Okazaki?) didn't cover himself with glory either. No way should an attacker be able to run in and get a clear jump and unhindered header inside the 6-yard box, even if the keeper should have come (and I'd say it was only 50-50 on that).

I presume KS comes out for high crosses less than some other keepers as he's comparatively small for a keeper (only just over 6ft, I think, whereas many of them are 6ft 5in or more these days). His distribution is one of his absolute strengths.

I would like us to have another good keeper to compete with him, though. Schwarzer was great in his day, but hasn't convinced me when I've seen him in the last 1-2 years - too slow getting down.

Absolute bollocks, it wasn't a very good corner at all, it was absolutely average, any self respecting half decent goalkeeper picks that out the air and relieves all pressure, he even started 2 yards off his line but back pedalled. As for Okazaki marking him that is just poor organisation which could be anybody's fault really but I'd say Huth Morgan and Kasper should be sorting that out, why was Okazaki who is about 5 foot 7 marking schweinstager who is 6 foot 2 and powerful?

Kasper is a good shot stopper but has absolutely no control over his area and it's no surprise we concede so many from set pieces. If we actually want to progress well be looking to strengthen that position asap and relegate Kasper to second choice because he's been a weak link in this team since we've been promoted. The truth hurts

Absolute bollocks, it wasn't a very good corner at all, it was absolutely average, any self respecting half decent goalkeeper picks that out the air and relieves all pressure, he even started 2 yards off his line but back pedalled. As for Okazaki marking him that is just poor organisation which could be anybody's fault really but I'd say Huth Morgan and Kasper should be sorting that out, why was Okazaki who is about 5 foot 7 marking schweinstager who is 6 foot 2 and powerful?

Kasper is a good shot stopper but has absolutely no control over his area and it's no surprise we concede so many from set pieces. If we actually want to progress well be looking to strengthen that position asap and relegate Kasper to second choice because he's been a weak link in this team since we've been promoted. The truth hurts

Matter of opinion. Agree to disagree. Who has your truth hurt in this instance?  lol

In all seriousness Okazaki needs replacing, he offers nothing except work rate which you'd get with any Leicester fan being on the pitch. He cost 7 million, I would've cost 0 and offered as much as him. The work rate needs to be there but so does everything else and Okazaki hasn't got "everything else", not in this league at least. He gets pushed off the ball far too easily and squanders possession more then he should for my liking. Love his work rate, hate everything else. Cons outweigh the pros in this case.

I actually quite like that shout of Perez. He's a decent player being held back by a shambles of a side.

He does look decent but I'd be worried he's a little lightweight.

Could we take advantage of Swansea's bad start and take Sigurdsson from them? Could do with some more goals from midfield

He does look decent but I'd be worried he's a little lightweight.

Could we take advantage of Swansea's bad start and take Sigurdsson from them? Could do with some more goals from midfield

No chance, but I see what you mean. Someone of his quality behind the striker wouldn't go amiss.

In all seriousness Okazaki needs replacing, he offers nothing except work rate which you'd get with any Leicester fan being on the pitch. He cost 7 million, I would've cost 0 and offered as much as him. The work rate needs to be there but so does everything else and Okazaki hasn't got "everything else", not in this league at least. He gets pushed off the ball far too easily and squanders possession more then he should for my liking. Love his work rate, hate everything else. Cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Agreed. I really want him to do well, but enough is enough. He's clearly the weak link in the side and even though we are doing so well, we'd be much better off without having to carry any passengers.

I have no doubt he's a marketing tool first and foremost. I understand why the owners want to do what they can to appeal to the east Asian market, but if it means we're essentially playing with 10 men each game, then maybe they should put this idea on hold for now.

Dear god! Not one of our players were at fault for the goal conceded it was a bloody clear cut foul on Okazaki. How can you say he lost his man, when the poor guy was wrestled to the floor. As for Kasper not coming for corners, he came for plenty yesterday and made some good near post stops (you all forgot those) he also distributed the pass quickly to fuchs for the goal lest we not forget.

We actually dealt with most of their corners very well considering the way they set up. They had lots of corner plans and we're clearly basing there attacks on trying to win set pieces to use the plans. We only conceded one. Lots of the set pieces they played in we managed to play out from the back very professionally I was quite impressed in fact.

Stop over analysing the goal though. It was a clear foul in front of the ref who chose to ignore it. Wonder how much he got for that decision?

As for transfers. I hope we don't go crazy spending crazy money in an attempt to stay where we are. It could destroy squad morale if well paid pre Madonnas came in and started ahead of those that have got us here. But we do need another striker to play alongside Vardy. Ulloa just doesn't suit our style of play, Okazaki isn't quite good enough at finishing for me, he is great at playing in the hole and breaking down play high up the pitch but doesn't have the quality in the final third. We need someone like Nuge was in our promotion season, who can pressure defends and break down play but also have that scoring quality in the final third.

Dear god! Not one of our players were at fault for the goal conceded it was a bloody clear cut foul on Okazaki. How can you say he lost his man, when the poor guy was wrestled to the floor. As for Kasper not coming for corners, he came for plenty yesterday and made some good near post stops (you all forgot those) he also distributed the pass quickly to fuchs for the goal lest we not forget.

We actually dealt with most of their corners very well considering the way they set up. They had lots of corner plans and we're clearly basing there attacks on trying to win set pieces to use the plans. We only conceded one. Lots of the set pieces they played in we managed to play out from the back very professionally I was quite impressed in fact.

Stop over analysing the goal though. It was a clear foul in front of the ref who chose to ignore it. Wonder how much he got for that decision?

As for transfers. I hope we don't go crazy spending crazy money in an attempt to stay where we are. It could destroy squad morale if well paid pre Madonnas came in and started ahead of those that have got us here. But we do need another striker to play alongside Vardy. Ulloa just doesn't suit our style of play, Okazaki isn't quite good enough at finishing for me, he is great at playing in the hole and breaking down play high up the pitch but doesn't have the quality in the final third. We need someone like Nuge was in our promotion season, who can pressure defends and break down play but also have that scoring quality in the final third.

Agree with over Shinji.

He was quite clearly fouled and we should have had a free kick.

I don't agree with you over other signings. We don't need to sign prima donnas who will upset things, but not all top players are like that are they?

I DO think we should push the boat out now, really go for it and get another top class striker at the club. Vardy still looks not quite right (despite his goals!) in terms of he still looks slightly injured I think? If he has to be sidelined, I don't have faith in either Leo or Shinji to keep banging them in. We need a striker to clearly be the first choice after Jamie and i don't think we have one at present.

Agree with over Shinji.

He was quite clearly fouled and we should have had a free kick.

I don't agree with you over other signings. We don't need to sign prima donnas who will upset things, but not all top players are like that are they?

I DO think we should push the boat out now, really go for it and get another top class striker at the club. Vardy still looks not quite right (despite his goals!) in terms of he still looks slightly injured I think? If he has to be sidelined, I don't have faith in either Leo or Shinji to keep banging them in. We need a striker to clearly be the first choice after Jamie and i don't think we have one at present.

Just not seen many names suggested

Charlie Austin- Would be fairly cheap and is a proven goalscorer. Negative side he's fairly injury prone and wouldn't necessarily suit our style of play

Slimani- Link up with Riyad and Palace want him so he's attainable

Loic Remy- Could tempt Chelsea maybe. Good pace, can score but for some reason he doesn't seem the right character for our squad

Archived