Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Schmeichel's distribution suits our style. That isn't the first time we've scored from a move he started.

We would genuinely miss it, he'd have to be replaced with someone identical in that respect in my opinion. 

Why does any little criticism of a player have to equate to 'trolling'?

I agree with FIF. Kasper's distribution is very very hit and miss. It actually always has been. I remember when he tried to hit Beckford with the early long ball and we gave the ball away time and time again. It would be worth looking at more closely, Ie how many of his long kicks actually do end up with our own players.

And he doesn't command his area at all well. I still think he's a little too small.

As a shot stopper...superb..always has been.

Víctor Valdés isn't happy at Man U, they don't really want him and his contract runs out in the summer. I think we should put a bid in for him and get him in for January. It would be a great move and he would be an instant upgrade.  

I always listen to and rate your opinion but I think there are at least 20 better goalkeepers in the English pro leagues and that isn't what we need now that we see we have a genuine possibility to be a top 8 team.

Love him, he's done us proud  but it's time to upgrade the GK position.

Fair dos. We're all just a load of semi-informed football fans enjoying expressing half-baked opinions, anyway. I presume the backroom pros will be analysing all this from a position of much more detailed knowledge and understanding. We don't really know how much the club owners are prepared to shell out for an upgrade, either. I never know how seriously to take owners' declared ambitions for their club. I suppose what they do in January will give us a massive clue. If they do shell out for upgrades on half-decent players like Kasper, that'll be a sign of high ambition. If they don't or if, God forbid, they struggle to hold on to key players like Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater & Kante, it'll be a sign that their commitment has distinct financial limits.

You may be right. I admit that there's a small-c conservative side to me that likes to see players stay in the squad unless they're complete crap or we're performing badly. I was sorry to see players like Dyer and Nugent leave, even though I recognise that the team and squad have improved as a result. Mind you, I'd still prefer to err in that direction than be one of those fans who want the owners to pay out millions for a new and better squad every transfer window and is never satisfied.

Whatever his flaws, I do think that many underestimate how well Kasper fits our style of play. His distribution is hit-and-miss but sets up quite a lot of rapid attacks for us.

Victor Valdez appears to be a great shout.

Danny Ings might be a welcome addition. I tend to think the calls for Slimani are off the back of YouTube videos when we were interested before. I know nothing about him really and have hardly seen him play which must be consistent with virtually all of our fans as he hardly plays for a team on British TV every week. Austin is the other obvious alternative.

Ciaron Clarke is a player I like. Dirty as **** but always been impressed with his performances against us. Ashley Williams is a possible shout also.

Bournemouth have a quality right back who's name I can't remember.

Danny Ings might be a welcome addition. I tend to think the calls for Slimani are off the back of YouTube videos when we were interested before. I know nothing about him really and have hardly seen him play which must be consistent with virtually all of our fans as he hardly plays for a team on British TV every week. Austin is the other obvious alternative.

Ciaron Clarke is a player I like. Dirty as **** but always been impressed with his performances against us. Ashley Williams is a possible shout also.

Bournemouth have a quality right back who's name I ycan't remember.

Sporting are normally on bt sports, they broadcast prem liga games.

Adam Smith? :D A highly mundane name, I agree. But his goal against Everton (his first in two years, I think) was far from mundane.

Walshy a Co use the pro database created by the Football Manager guys apparently. Seems to work, mostly. Obviously backed up with boots on the ground and eyes on the targets.

I thought it was a bit daft when I first heard about that, but if it's as accurate as it seems it makes sense to use it to get an early idea about a player.

I'd be happy with Ings or Austin, but remember Javier Hernandez would cost less than those two. I know he's a bit older and would take more convincing to come here, but he'd be fantastic. Can't believe Man U sold him for £8.5M.

Been watching a few Ligue 1 highlights recently, and we should take a look at Paul-Georges Ntep of Stade Rennais.

Very pacey, has some skill on him and sharp too,

Top shout Wymesey.

Would fit in here well.

I can't remember where I read it, but we're supposedly interested in Tendayi Darikwa from Burnley. He's a 23 year old RB, but I've never seen him play or heard of him before. Has anyone seen Burnley play this season? Sounds a bit underwhelming, but if Walsh thinks he's worth a shout he could be another gem. 

Archived