Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Sure!!! Players like him are often overlooked because of the league they are playing in. He is very good, and with Dragovic they two are a world class duo in the national team, for me at least. Where do you know him from?

I've heard strong rumours that we have been scouting him for some time now. Looks quality, plays for Salzburg doesn't he?

Looks like Pata is going to be available for 11m in January. He's 26 and re discovering hIs form with Corinthians. The guy is class if his head is in the right place. He can play the 10 role we are looking to fill. What do you all think about going for him in the window?

Looks like Pata is going to be available for 11m in January. He's 26 and re discovering hIs form with Corinthians. The guy is class if his head is in the right place. He can play the 10 role we are looking to fill. What do you all think about going for him in the window?

No need to panic. No need to buy. We're flying high with the squad as it is. Any other suggestion as to whom we might snatch off the market is currently plain ridiculous.

For some reason, I have huge reservations about signing players for that much money.

We seem to do better when going after rough diamonds that are available for a lot less, à la Mahrez or Kanté.

I'd be concerned about how well a Brazilian would adapt to our squad (our experience trying to sign Aranguiz was chastening). Too risky. On the face of it, Khazri looks a better bet if we go for anyone.

I think it's important that we don't change anything that we're currently doing regarding transfers. If we start buying players based on reputation rather than through our tried and tested recruitment policy then things will fall apart. If our scouting network have targets that will improve the team, then they have my complete faith.

I think it's important that we don't change anything that we're currently doing regarding transfers. If we start buying players based on reputation rather than through our tried and tested recruitment policy then things will fall apart. If our scouting network have targets that will improve the team, then they have my complete faith.

Completely agree. Nobody gets transfers 100% right, but this lot seem to be doing a much better job than most. I love the speculation, but I know in reality that I will just trust them to do what they can in the same way that they have, although I guess there might be a legitimate question about the challenges of improving what we already have...more money, more potential risk, potentially more unsavoury types hanging on around the edges looking to line their own pockets

Can't help but think he's bottled it, if this is true.

instead of getting your head down and fighting your way into the side like  Albrighton, Fuchs and Kante, he's took the easy route....

I was under the impression that he has said, only last week, that he intends to just that and stay and fight for his place?

The irony in saying this story is paper bollocks yet you say CR won't sign anyone in Jan, where did you hear that?

From Ranieri himself:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Transfer-window-Leicester-City-boss-Claudio/story-28213086-detail/story.html

Although that could be paper bollocks, as well. You never know. Rumours and all...

pretty sure he said he wasn't buying, nowt about selling

Partly answered by MC (cheers mate) but the quote by CR would suggest that if he is happy with the squad in depth that means .....    he's happy with the squad in depth !!    So selling would reduce the depth of his squad.   CR to me is proving to be a very astute manger and that means he is very happy with his first XI and believes he has adequate cover for every position for the remainder of the season....   (and why rock the boat when you are top ffs !!).     Of course if a player becomes available that will improve the current first XI he would go for him ....   but on the other hand he will not offload as the squad he has may be needed.  Hence Inler may want regular football but CR wants him here as back up and thats what will happen.   His agent can stir up as much speculation as he likes but CR will ultimately decide ....   so. ....    paper bolox !       Having said all of that you sometimes have to read between the lines and, imo, if he can move Kram on and get another striker in he may well do so ....     like I said ....   One smart Italian.   ;)                                                                                                                        

I'd love us to put a cheeky bid in for Ivanovic in January.

He's not been having the best season and José is supposedly looking at replacing him but form is temporary, class is permanent. I think he'd relish playing in an attacking side and would be a major upgrade from Simpson.

José would probably turn it down but it would show our ambition. He is 31 though so £10m bid would probably turn Mourinho's head and we'd probably get 2/3 years out of him.

Thoughts?

He's not been having the best season and José is supposedly looking at replacing him but form is temporary, class is permanent. I think he'd relish playing in an attacking side and would be a major upgrade from Simpson.

José would probably turn it down but it would show our ambition. He is 31 though so £10m bid would probably turn Mourinho's head and we'd probably get 2/3 years out of him.

Thoughts?

He's a bit of a figure head in their dressing room and 10m would be overpaying.

in the perfect world we would sell Inler and buy Wahbi Khazri .

Inler being linked with a move away and us being linked with attacking midfielder Wahbi Khazri today .

i would love to see this happen !! 

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/stoke-city/bordeaux-ace-on-radar-2014972.html#.VlT6M3bhDIU

I mean, what are the chances?

Thoughts?

It would be a chronic waste of money. He's in the Rooney category for me now, has been very good in the past but is on the way down - before anyone mentions Cambiasso he was better than Ivanovic was in his prime. Ten million for that would be a big waste. Much rather sign someone younger.

One of a similar ilk to Ivanovic that someone mentioned earlier... Martin Caceres. Is he leaving Juve or something?

Archived