Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

Plans to play the French national anthem at every premier league game this weekend is maybe a touch too far imo. Wembley was a show of respect and unity, is this really necessary?

thought the idea of Wembley singing it was stupid but it actually worked pretty well and gave a showing of solidarity. Like you I think this is going to far.

Are we going to play the Lebanese national anthem for the 400 killed by IS there on Thursday?

7 of the 8 terrorists named were european. French or Belgian.

Fear the devil within.

Do you mean they were just French or Belgian born or did they have French or Belgian antecedents? Or have I missed the point? It's long been apparent that second and later generation  immigrants are often targeted for radicalisation and, as with young people the world over, there's some will be attracted to follow any ideal for whatever reason .

As for the Lebanese, although they are not part of the European community any more than the innocent Russians bombed out of the sky over Egypt, I can't see that either of those tragedies is any less.

Do you mean they were ethnically French or Belgian? Or have I missed the point? It's long been apparent that second and later generation  immigrants are often targeted for radicalisation and, as with young people the world over, there's some will be attracted to follow any ideal for whatever reason .

As for the Lebanese, although they are not part of the European community any more than the innocent Russians bombed out of the sky over Egypt, I can't see that either of those tragedies is any less.             

Pretty sure 'French' and 'Belgian' are not ethnicities.

This is the new way we do it now Thracian.

Instead of admitting our immigration policies of the recent past have been disastrous in terms of long term national security we now pretend second generation Muslims are nothing to do with immigration.

This is the new way we do it now Thracian.

Instead of admitting our immigration policies of the recent past have been disastrous in terms of long term national security we now pretend second generation Muslims are nothing to do with immigration.

Yeah. Half of Leicester are a danger.

Is that your estimate? Can't say I'd have put it anywhere near that high but who am I to argue?  :D   Perhaps keying in  "Leicester arrests for terrorism" might throw some light on the real risk." It may be too low to mention of course!          

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2015/11/18/7768065761814269894/640x360_7768065761814269894.mp4

Sorry it is the Daily mail but cctv footage from inside one of the restaurants. You see 2 women survive because the shooters gun jams.

It's quite a chilling thing to watch even though no one was seriously injured in that video - I think a woman was hit in the wrist.

It makes you think what you would have done in those circumstances, whether to sit and wait behind the table etc or to make a run for it up or down the stairs.

This. I think I'd have run for the stairs. Having said that, one of the waiters leaves his colleague all by herself behind the bar - I'd have let her go first (when it seemed relatively safe). But then again I'm saying this with no gunmen aiming for my place of work/my home lol

Can't think of many things luckier though if you're those 2 women near the window and the shooter's gun locks up. 

This. I think I'd have run for the stairs. Having said that, one of the waiters leaves his colleague all by herself behind the bar - I'd have let her go first (when it seemed relatively safe). But then again I'm saying this with no gunmen aiming for my place of work/my home lol

Can't think of many things luckier though if you're those 2 women near the window and the shooter's gun locks up. 

The girl left behind the counter does a great job of looking after the woman that joins her a bit later. You'd think self-preservation might kick in but she really does try to calm her.

Looks like that woman in the third video you see going down stares in the grey. baige long coat was shot between the shoulder blades....

That's a button on the back of her coat. Similar design to this coat.

Has it been explained yet how and why three people blew themselves up near a stadium with 10s of thousands of people in it and only managed to kill one person?  I know there's the fake stories of a hero security guard, but even if that was true with one, what about the other two?

Obviously a good thing that they were so incompetent, but were they the chuckle brothers of ISIS or something?

Has it been explained yet how and why three people blew themselves up near a stadium with 10s of thousands of people in it and only managed to kill one person? I know there's the fake stories of a hero security guard, but even if that was true with one, what about the other two?

Obviously a good thing that they were so incompetent, but were they the chuckle brothers of ISIS or something?

If you are going to blow yourself up on the promise of a load of virgins and actually believe it, then i doubt you can be of high intelligence or be the most practical. The two things dont really go hand in hand.

If you are going to blow yourself up on the promise of a load of virgins and actually believe it, then i doubt you can be of high intelligence or be the most practical. The two things dont really go hand in hand.

post-13802-0-83733200-1448006181.jpg

Im an immigrant to Australia.... im now very confused about my responsibilities, i havent been radicalised, who should i contact about this?

Referred you to the Larrikin Millitant Front

Some loud mouth Aussie pri*k will be in contact to start your conversion

I wish you well and please enjoy the 4000 stubbies of VB on the other side in paradise once you detonate , the 40 whores unfortunately are out on an Islamic call at present :)

an-isis-school-that-teaches-jihad-to-children-at-age-3

I found this incredibly distressing

Religious and idealogical indoctrination is widespread across the globe and not just among Islamics. It's just so sad that fundamentalist Islam is portrayed as being so non-negotiable and so intolerant by some zealots, that too many kids inevitably grow up festering with hatred.  

People with strong views on anything seem to have this driving need to impress them on others, whether those views can be proved right or not.

To me it's just abhorrent to impress anything dogmatic on children save that which serves to keep them safe. And certainly nothing hateful.

Other than learning basic good manners and civilised behaviour they should quickly be taught skills and aspects of how to think and learn logically, rather than what to learn dogmatically.        

We're all guilty to some extent but that doesn't make it right.

Then there's the hypocrisy. It's everywhere.

Today's papers comment on the recent Paris terrorist attrocity leader supposedly being seen drinking and smoking cannabis and a suicide bomber being "a party girl" as if it were somehow against Islamic teaching.

But, as I've explained many times, it's not necessarily. At least not from what I've read by supposedly informed people.

Exception can be made if the actions can be shown to be "advancing the cause of Islam" and if the requirement was to blend in with the neighbourhood and divert suspicion that's probably all the excuse needed as far as the terrorists' philosophy went.

But none of that's any different to Christians ignoring "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and effectively amending it to "Thou shalt not kill, unless...." It's blatant hypocrisy and hypocrisy is a supposedly serious sin in Islamic teaching so how they equate the two I've no idea.

It's the same with Muslim councillors. Strictly speaking no Muslim should serve on any body that is not administered according to Islamic principles. But exception is made if the "serving" can be considered as advancing the Islamic cause be if for the welfare of their community or as a pathway to power. 

That is not meant to be melodramatic. Many non-Islamic councillors serve for their own ends too whether it be for groups that they might support or in relation to business opportunities and suchlike.

The very notion of councillors all simply sitting through the tedium of dealing with other people's problems just out of the goodness of their hearts and their "community spirit" is woefully naive.

They're often it for themselves just like people in other walks of life.

Yes, there may be some who might fall into the "greater good" category but history shows that a lot either don't or else they serve hidden purposes as well.

Sadly, mankind is the master of self-serving deception and examples abound daily both in personal and public life.

Being trustworthy may be an A1 quality but there's few can tick the box continuously - or for a lifetime. Hypocrisy abounds and wins through most always. 

How the goodness of any God or philosophy can be served by killing, maiming and hating even enemies, let alone innocents, escapes me. But man will always justify himself and find detached excuses to do what he wishes no matter how dreadfully it impacts on others including their own children.                                  

Can't claim to be an expert on this but isn't the idea that they have to die killing infidels? Pretty fundamental that you actually stand near people, I'd have thought. Rule number one in fact. It's probably a tad distasteful but I just imagine a sketch from Laurel and Hardy the way those three have been so ineffective. Although given recent reports that these lot are a load of youngish guys spending their days stoned, I guess it's surprising they've managed to get dressed that morning.

Can't claim to be an expert on this but isn't the idea that they have to die killing infidels? Pretty fundamental that you actually stand near people, I'd have thought. Rule number one in fact. It's probably a tad distasteful but I just imagine a sketch from Laurel and Hardy the way those three have been so ineffective. Although given recent reports that these lot are a load of youngish guys spending their days stoned, I guess it's surprising they've managed to get dressed that morning.

Some get stones, some get pissed....the reality is that people get out of their mind to take the brakes off and be the people they really are underneath.  Which is arseholes in a lot of cases. 

Archived