Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea away... Up next!

not the best times at Swansea Monk could be on his way soon, but I think they could give a good account of themselves and so long as our defence can put batafembi in their pockets stop him playing and catch them the counter with pace I'm hoping for a nice 3 or 4 goals for us with another schmichael clean sheet !! Setting up a boost of confidence for the visit of whiners Chelsea and another 3 points ;)

Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo, on 30 Nov 2015 - 3:26 PM, said:snapback.png

Line-X, on 30 Nov 2015 - 3:30 PM, said:snapback.png

If we want to be really pedantic (and correct), then spelling != grammar :P

Grammar = applied syntactics

Content (including spelling) = applied semantics.

Semantics != syntactics.

My friends linguistics blog (still WIP) (A Study Of Games As A Matter Of Linguistics):

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/20110311/6174/Contents_NEW.php

I think High Peak Fox may have just met his match here

Language is communication. Screw the spelling, grammar and the rest.

Language is applied communication (communication itself is more than just language, (it's in a taxonomic hierarchy)) - using a set of additional rules to enable and promote more consistency in communication: it uses rules governing relationships and similarities between pieces of information (the types of basic concept pieces of information belong to - e.g. things/properties of things etc.)) (semantics) to determine and effect how their representations are used in sequence with others/each other (syntactics), then can then be reverse engineered/deciphered more easily.  We don't fully recognise and understand all of these (especially in relation to English) at this time (according to my friend), though, so we have problems.  I suggest you read his blog.

TBH - who cares what language we use if we beat Swansea :P

Language is applied communication (communication itself is more than just language, (it's a taxonomic hierarchy)) - using a set of additional rules to enable and promote more consistency in communication: it uses rules governing relationships and similarities between pieces of information (the types of basic concept pieces of information belong to - e.g. things/properties of things etc.)) (semantics) to determine and effect how their representations are used in sequence with others/each other (syntactics), then can then be reverse engineered/deciphered more easily.  We don't fully recognise and understand all of these (especially in relation to English) at this time (according to my friend), though, so we have problems.  I suggest you read his blog.

TBH - who cares what language we use if we beat Swansea :P

I suggest you read it too, particularly the bit about proper use of parentheses (I'm presuming there's a bit covering that, I'm not going to read your friend's blog to find out).

How many times have we even played there? 4? It is hardly a hoodoo, not like Upton Park where we never win (except this season).

Last season it was a ridiculous selection from Nigel:

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 de Laet
  • 05 Morgan
  • 18 Moore
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 07 Hammond (King - 68' )
  • 04 Drinkwater (Cambiasso - 68' )
  • 26 Mahrez
  • 35 Nugent
  • 09 Vardy (James - 67' )
  • 23 Ulloa
The last few games we had been playing with an awful diamond then he put this line up out which played as a 424, but despite the attacking intent we were just awful.
Christ, the diamond and then that mess. We really were in a right state at times last year.

That's a redundant "have", should just say "...hadn't said...", plus you missed a full stop there pal.

You'll be missing a full set of teeth if you don't shut up!

Edit: just realised if you haven't met me in person, that may have come across as aggressive. Dont; mean it obvs x

You'll be missing a full set of teeth if you don't shut up!

Edit: just realised if you haven't met me in person, that may have come across as aggressive. Dont; mean it obvs x

Just as well because that really should be a capital j at the start of your edit. x  smilingclaudio.jpeg 

It's nice to see real Foxes Fans are so well educated. In my time in School English extended to the Alphabet and a few Poems by Tennyson and Wordsworth.

To the young Fans, keep studying, See what Education does for you.

Haha - you can even have a Foxes Fan poem if you like...

THE WASP
=========

A curious and thirsty wasp,
So sadly to relate, 
Happened by my woodland hut
And made a big mistake,
Not for him a dewy leaf,
To see his parched mouth kissed
But a liquid landing in a glass of red,
As I was getting pissed,
It must have been a minute or two
Before I saw his plight,
His desperation ever worse,
The more he tried to fight,
And as I looked on, the wasp was heard,
To beg release from hell,
He was drowning fast, his wings awash,
In an ocean of Zinfandel,
And as I admired his hapless struggle,
To escape his liquid demise,
The brave young wasp raised his sodden head,
And with a pleading look in his eyes,
Said “I may be seen as scary
But I’ve done no harm to thee,
I’ve just gone about my natural tasks,
So why not set me free?"
What could I say, he won the day
And with a bookmark close at hand,
I lifted him out of oblivion,
And dropped him gently back on land
Then watched in fascination
The meticulous drying of wings,
Spinning, contorting, shaking and sorting,
I wondered what wine does to stings,
And all in good time the wasp did smile
As it took a trial flight on the wind,
Then one or two more took him high off the floor
Was it true that I heard the wasp sing?
And then he was gone but it wasn’t for long,
I soon saw him back on my table,
And with a glint in his eye, he looked at my wine,
And said: “I’ll pour you a glass now I’m able”..

Copyright 12-10-2013

Archived