Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea away... Up next!

Think this will be a fairly comfortable 2-0 and possibly the result which sees Monk fired, which is a shame. Vardy to equal the 400 year old 12-game record and Morgan to head in from a corner, we're due one of them.

I'm not buying into this is a fixture we never win, they're really struggling this season and we are flying

How many times have we even played there? 4? It is hardly a hoodoo, not like Upton Park where we never win (except this season).

Last season it was a ridiculous selection from Nigel:

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 de Laet
  • 05 Morgan
  • 18 Moore
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 07 Hammond (King - 68' )
  • 04 Drinkwater (Cambiasso - 68' )
  • 26 Mahrez
  • 35 Nugent
  • 09 Vardy (James - 67' )
  • 23 Ulloa

The last few games we had been playing with an awful diamond then he put this line up out which played as a 424, but despite the attacking intent we were just awful.

Montero had RDL on toast all game.

This season will be different, we know our game and our team, and we will be much better prepared, this is of course no guarantee of a win, Swansea and Monk will be demanding a big performance as they are in trouble, and it may be the day they get it, they aren't shit but they are out of form and low on confidence we all know that can change in any game, we just have to make sure it isn't this one by getting on top of them early and showing them no mercy like we did to Newcastle.

You wouldnt take a point now. You would gamble for the 3 points as Swansea are there for the taking. We hit them hard early on the crowd will get on their back. Ranieri seems to like playing Ulloa away from home so i believe it will be the same team as against Newcastle. I assume Dyer wont be involved in the squad so maybe a place on the bench for Kramaric?

You can never underestimate a team in the Prem. Swansea have got a great bunch of players that can easily get a result against us. Early prediction from me is that we will have too much for them overall. Lots of wasted chances though from both sides with it finishing 2-1 Leicester.

Vardy and Albrighton for us.

Sigurdsson for Swansea

We definitely need to be confident of the win considering the fortunes of both clubs this season. We're not second, on goal difference only I might add, for no reason.

Their confidence is low so there's no reason we can't win this. This isn't to say it's nailed on but if we have ambitions to maintain this lofty position, we need to be able to go to places like Swansea and win. We've managed to get results from teams that I consider are similar to us in stature/reputation which is why we're where we are.

How many times have we even played there? 4? It is hardly a hoodoo, not like Upton Park where we never win (except this season).

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 de Laet
  • 05 Morgan
  • 18 Moore
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 26 Mahrez
  • 35 Nugent
  • 23 Ulloa

lol

There fighting for there lives, so it shouldn't be that easy. I think they'll pack the middle and try and frustrate us. I'd like to see us rest a couple of players. Even for half a game. We should also use our width to get behind them. if we do score first then it could be a route. All depends on which Swansea turns up.

There fighting for there lives, so it shouldn't be that easy. I think they'll pack the middle and try and frustrate us. I'd like to see us rest a couple of players. Even for half a game. We should also use our width to get behind them. if we do score first then it could be a route. All depends on which Swansea turns up.

I think we need to start treating each match as if it's our last. If we sit here and say we'll pen in wins against the sides that aren't travelling too well, they could catch us off guard - and i think that's what Ranieri and the Club would be saying. 

I think we need to start treating each match as if it's our last. If we sit here and say we'll pen in wins against the sides that aren't travelling too well, they could catch us off guard - and i think that's what Ranieri and the Club would be saying. 

Exactly,  It's so easy to get it into your head that these are easy or because their at the bottom. We know how hard we fought last season to turn it around.

To quote the great Jonny Giles of Leeds fame. Always said be professional first and approach the game in the right manner then when the match is won you can relax then.

It always makes Sundays more pleasurable.

Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo, on 30 Nov 2015 - 3:26 PM, said:snapback.png

Sorry to be clever, Clever but
*they're *their, respectively

Line-X, on 30 Nov 2015 - 3:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Grammar Gestapo.

(Although if you're conscripting I think he also meant to say rout not route)

Correct on both Counts. The old grey matter is not quite what it used to be.

If we want to be really pedantic (and correct), then spelling != grammar :P

Grammar = applied syntactics

Content (including spelling) = applied semantics.

Semantics != syntactics.

My friends linguistics blog (still WIP) (A Study Of Games As A Matter Of Linguistics):

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/20110311/6174/Contents_NEW.php

Semantics != syntactics.

My friends linguistics blog (still WIP) (A Study Of Games As A Matter Of Linguistics):

Or maybe we could just focus on what he has to say, not how he spells it.

Just a thought.

Semantics != syntactics.

Do you find that you tend not to get invited to your friends' houses quite as much as you used to do, Phillippa T?

I think this game will depend on whether or not the Swansea players are behind their manager. If they want him gone or are 'not playing for him' we win this game easy. One thing you have to be when playing Leicester is up for it. We press, fight, tackle and run and you at least have to be prepared to do that. Newcastle were not interested and we won. Norwich were and it was a really tough game in which our quality shone through and we just got the win. 

If the Swansea players do want Monk as their manager then this is a mighty tough game as I really think he has to get a result to save his job. 

We will know who will win after the first 5 mins. If Swansea are not interested its a Leicester banker. 

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 de Laet
  • 05 Morgan
  • 18 Moore
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 26 Mahrez
  • 35 Nugent
  • 23 Ulloa

The last few games we had been playing with an awful diamond then he put this line up out which played as a 424, but despite the attacking intent we were just awful.

Montero had RDL on toast all game.

This season will be different, we know our game and our team, and we will be much better prepared, this is of course no guarantee of a win, Swansea and Monk will be demanding a big performance as they are in trouble, and it may be the day they get it, they aren't shit but they are out of form and low on confidence we all know that can change in any game, we just have to make sure it isn't this one by getting on top of them early and showing them no mercy like we did to Newcastle.

That defence lol

That was in a 4-4-2 as well. Awful stuff.

We haven't played there often but I've been three times, and we've been absolute tosh every time. Haven't even scored there to my memory. Such a bloody long way as well.

Semantics != syntactics.

http://

www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/20110311/6174/Contents_NEW.php

That should read 'My friend's linguistics blog'....just saying. People in glass houses and all that.

Hold the phone...are you an ex-teacher PhillipaT?

That should read 'My friend's linguistics blog'....just saying. People in glass houses and all that.

Hold the phone...are you an ex-teacher PhillipaT?

My fault for being in too much of a rush when I posted it :P

Nope - I'm an admin clerk.  My friend's the one who has done all the real linguistic work - I've just been talking to him about it a lot :P

(And not knowing the difference between semantics and syntactics is a far bigger problem than spelling errors/typos :P )

(EDIT: According to my friend, being a teacher probably wouldn't help anyway, because that's a large part of the problem - it's not being recognised and understood properly in the first place to then be taught correctly.)

Archived