Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea away... Up next!

This game feels like such a uninspiring fixture...so we need to smash em to make it more exciting!

Is Thracian's poem not exciting enough for you?

Away to a team we usually do badly against, we're flying and they're doing terribly, all the hallmarks for a classic Leicester bottlejob. However, I thought exactly the same about Newcastle the other week and look how easy that one was. 0-2 City, fancy Mahrez to bag. 

I don't get why people say this anymore, I really can't remember too many times in recent years where we haven't got a positive result when the general concensus was that we would get one. 

I realise I have quoted you, but it's more just a general point that any fan of any fan seems to think that their club has this mystical power of losing games they feel they should win. Aside from your very very top clubs that rarely lose, it happens to pretty much every team.

I'm not sure we can compare what may happen on Saturday to what's gone before anymore. This team is different to any other Leicester team I've seen. Their confidence is sky high, they're playing well and should be looking at getting a result at Swansea.

Rather than dwelling on how Leicester have faired against Swansea in the past, we should be comparing how those teams at the top of the league do against Swansea because that's the mentality we should have now.

Does anyone think that fans of the Manchester teams, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea worry too much about trips to Swansea?

Stat time

Swansea City have won their last three league games at home against Leicester without conceding a single goal.

Leicester City have lost just one of their 14 Premier League games so far this season – their lowest tally of defeats at this stage of a top-flight season.

The Swans have enjoyed just one victory in their last 10 Premier League games, drawing three and losing six.

Leicester City have suffered defeat in just one of their last 18 top-flight games; winning 11 and drawing six.

The Foxes remain the only side to score in each of their 14 Premier League games this season.

Bafetimbi Gomis has been caught offside 27 times this season in the Premier League, over twice as often as any other player (Diego Costa and Jonathan Walters on 13).

Jamie Vardy’s 14 goals in the Premier League this season have won the Foxes 14 points, more than any other player in the competition.

Vardy’s 14 goal haul also makes him the highest scoring Leicester player in a single Premier League season, one above Tony Cottee who scored 13 in 1999/2000.

Swansea City have failed to score in six of their last 10 Premier League games.

The Swans have used 19 players in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other side.

What do you do in the case of Lawrenson predicting one of his classic 0-0 or 1-1 then? :D

Very good point. maybe go for a 5-5 super-draw?

I was at the game last year, bigging up our team to my mate who'd secured us a box for the match. He spent the entire match laughing at us. Not a memorable experience.

He's a Norwich fan though, so I guess any form of entertainment is a plus point.

Stat time

Swansea City have won their last three league games at home against Leicester without conceding a single goal.

Leicester City have lost just one of their 14 Premier League games so far this season – their lowest tally of defeats at this stage of a top-flight season.

The Swans have enjoyed just one victory in their last 10 Premier League games, drawing three and losing six.

Leicester City have suffered defeat in just one of their last 18 top-flight games; winning 11 and drawing six.

The Foxes remain the only side to score in each of their 14 Premier League games this season.

Bafetimbi Gomis has been caught offside 27 times this season in the Premier League, over twice as often as any other player (Diego Costa and Jonathan Walters on 13).

Jamie Vardy’s 14 goals in the Premier League this season have won the Foxes 14 points, more than any other player in the competition.

Vardy’s 14 goal haul also makes him the highest scoring Leicester player in a single Premier League season, one above Tony Cottee who scored 13 in 1999/2000.

Swansea City have failed to score in six of their last 10 Premier League games.

The Swans have used 19 players in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other side.

I know we haven't spent as much time in the PL as we would have liked, But given we are at the beginning of December, that stat is truly incredible!

I know we haven't spent as much time in the PL as we would have liked, But given we are at the beginning of December, that stat is truly incredible!

It is incredible especially when you consider he has also done it in 14 games

With Leicester performing so well at the moment, there are not many opportunities for current reserves such as Andrej Kramaric, Gokhan Inler and Yohan Benalouane to impress, and manager Claudio Ranieri says he has no problem if they are unhappy about the situation.

"It is difficult," said Ranieri. "They must understand I can only choose the first 11. Why change when the first 11 are playing well and link together?

"The players think about the single. 'Why don't I play? I am working well. What can I do better to go on the team?' But the manager has to choose.

"I don't want a player who isn't playing to be happy, it is stupid. You have to fight. You have to be ready when I give you an opportunity to play. It is important you understand my philosophy. I manage in this way. I think about team, you think about yourself."

Archived