Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea away... Up next!

Swansea are blowing hot and cold but their defence appears fragile currently.

4-3-3 or 3-4-3 would be good to play there.

Wingers are key for this type of game in particular.

I can't imagine that he's suddenly going change the system when the current one has been so successful. We'll line up as we have all season and play to our strengths.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Drinkwater Kante Schlupp

Okazaki

Vardy

Albrighton looked shattered after about 60 mins yesterday, would have gone Dyer but can't for obvious reasons so give Jeff a start and MA a little break come on with 20 or so to go

I would definitely give Benny a run out at right back. I really feel he can improve our defence tremendously.

Also a good chance to rest somebody possibly Albrighton or even Drinkwater, just to get them back to their best for the big games coming up. 

I hope they don't sack Monk as that can bring about a change in attitude from their players. 

I would definitely give Benny a run out at right back. I really feel he can improve our defence tremendously.

Also a good chance to rest somebody possibly Albrighton or even Drinkwater, just to get them back to their best for the big games coming up.

I hope they don't sack Monk as that can bring about a change in attitude from their players.

Benny is a centre back there is no point in playing players out of position

Couple of points

We could do with Swansea doing ok today....Monk keeps his job, we then beat them ,they are apparently nervous at home, and we don't get new manager motivation syndrome

Regards resting Albrighton, Chelsea is 9 days after this match........I'd name an unchanged side......

Swansea is a should win game......but don't think we have too much to be worried about in Everton and Chelsea......

Benny is a centre back there is no point in playing players out of position

Agreed , but he played there against WH and done better than ok. So also was big WAS and he done ok last year at RB.

Good players don't need labels they just play the game as they see it, Benny is also good in the air and can pick out a pass.

I really think he can add an extra dimension to our play.  

While losing 1-0 to Liverpool at Anfield isn't too bad of a result, I thought it was very noticeable today just how bereft of confidence Swansea are. The likes of Sigurdsson, Ki, Routledge and Montero all looked very poor, and the out-of-form Gomis and Eder mean they have no good focal point for their attacks. There's no reason why we can't go there and beat them next week, after all they haven't won there in 5 games. I'd have us down as comfortable favourites at the moment going by how both teams are playing.

Let's just bloody hope that we are better away at Swansea this season than we were last season. I was watching the game in the pub with my mates last season and remember we were absolutely dross.

I'll be amazed if we're even close to as bad. It was a disgraceful performance. The 90 minute show to display that Leicester really had forgotten how they worked best.

Boot could well be on the other foot though this time. These have not far off the worst attack in the division in my eyes.

This is the PL, teams like Swansea with their players, after a poor run will be more than worthy opponents.

They would look at todays positives against Liverpool.

This will never be a gimme, their squad is as good as ours, and will be the quickest team with quick 1-2s, that we

would of met this season.

We are still rolling, it maybe that they are still a little wobbly from their poor form, but unlike Manu they have

a sting in their tail, Monk will be geeing his good side up, telling them this is the game 'that they can turn the corner'.

I have never looked at this fixture as the easiest from the 6 game run into the new year.

This is now where city test their potential and vigour for top 5 spot.

Swansea, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, all on comeback style runs, then Man.city who have

just beat Soton, who could of shown the rest of the league that Man.city are not

yet the pre-destined title winners.

I'll be amazed if we're even close to as bad. It was a disgraceful performance. The 90 minute show to display that Leicester really had forgotten how they worked best.

Boot could well be on the other foot though this time. These have not far off the worst attack in the division in my eyes.

Don't even think we were that bad, more that Swansea were absolutely brilliant that day. Bony and Shelvey tore us apart back then

Don't even think we were that bad, more that Swansea were absolutely brilliant that day. Bony and Shelvey tore us apart back then

Nah we were hopeless. Swansea were good but we made it far too easy for them.

This is yet another ground we have a pathetic record at. We seem to be winning at them all this season though.

Are these lot another tall team? If so then Ulloa has to come back in, Okazaki is doing ok in the last few games but we badly lack height at set pieces and sadly that is the only real danger we find ourselves in.

I think we'll pinch a win here, it'll be a tough battle though.

Archived