Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

• 2 weeks later...

On the plus side if there is one we've lost 5 games this season in the League and despite playing as bad as have these are those teams current standings.

So apart from Brighton who were on a decent run at the time and where we were arguably robbed the others are all riding high in the league so it could be a lot worse.

Lost too.......

WHU (A) 4th

Man C (H) 2nd

Brighton (A) 9th

Arsenal (H) 5th

Chelsea (H) 1st

Edited by davieG
Correction
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

On the plus side if there is one we've lost 5 games this season in the League and despite playing as bad as have these are those teams current standings.

So apart from Brighton who were on a decent run at the time and where we were arguably robbed the others are all riding high in the league so it could be a lot worse.

Lost too.......

WHU (A) 4th

Man C (A) 2nd

Brighton (A) 9th

Arsenal (H) 5th

Chelsea (H) 1st

Man City was at home. We will have actually played all of the "Top 6" at home by the turn of the year, meaning we have to go to all of them away in the second half of the season. Man City actually falls just before our Liverpool home game (one of those weird things where we play one team twice before we play another team for the first time).

The main concern is probably the draws against "lesser" teams (Burnley, Leeds, Palace) and the way we have played (lucky to beat Brentford and Wolves). The next four league games are massive if we want to try and turn this season around.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Man City was at home. We will have actually played all of the "Top 6" at home by the turn of the year, meaning we have to go to all of them away in the second half of the season. Man City actually falls just before our Liverpool home game (one of those weird things where we play one team twice before we play another team for the first time).

The main concern is probably the draws against "lesser" teams (Burnley, Leeds, Palace) and the way we have played (lucky to beat Brentford and Wolves). The next four league games are massive if we want to try and turn this season around.

Agree entirely about how poor we've been but it does mean to some extent that it's still recoverable if we can get our act together. The sooner the better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So it's still us and Leeds putting the most effort into the press.  Against another side (and with a better game plan?) I suppose we'd have gotten more recoveries out of it.

As far as the post-match posts calling Vardy out

On 20/11/2021 at 19:11, RonnieTodger said:

Players have to take some stick too. That’s one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen from Vardy

On 21/11/2021 at 02:40, Langston said:

Likewise Vardy, if you're not gonna be involved in the game constantly, you have to make what you do count. Really think we need to be getting Daka on the pitch more at this stage.

FFS, he's still working his elderly little butt off.  Taking up the positions, trying to make the runs, and 50 pressures in 90 minutes!  Not his fault the others couldn't keep the ball, much less get it to him.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

He's still working his elderly little butt off.  Taking up the positions, trying to make the runs, and 50 pressures in 90 minutes!  Not his fault the others couldn't keep the ball, much less get it to him.

Erm, I didn't say he wasn't working? But his quality on the ball on Saturday was way off and very reminiscent of the back end of last season. It doesn't automatically mean I think he's finished.

I'm sure Daka would offer just as much in terms of pressing, regardless.

I wonder what they count as a pressure? Our pressing game was the worst it’s ever been against Chelsea. The front threes press was tame and easily bypassed, I don’t blame them because you could see they kinda was just ‘pressing’ for the sake of it. They never looked close to winning the ball.

Sometimes stats are a load of shite.

41 minutes ago, Rain King said:

It's a specific twitter page that focuses purely on the other 14 teams not spoken about endlessly by Sky/BT.

Somewhat reinforces the Super 6  scenario that the media love.