Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

We may be 10 points clear of the rest, but in percentage terms of points won from the total available, we will only finish 8th across Europe's top 5 leagues. Napoli or Roma will finish in 9th place.

Barca, Real, Atleti, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG and Juve will all finish above us.

Shows how unbalanced some of those leagues are.

Edited by C-man

Some great stats above about our two incredible 46 game sequences of 102 points.

Here's a historical comparison. Since the Football League was expanded to 92 teams in 1950, there have been 156 league seasons with 46 games, mostly in Divisions 3 and 4 as they were once called. Combine all those seasons and you get a league table with 3,744 positions.

Here's the top 10 of those 3,744:

lincoln_final.png

*Using the old terminology. Pre-1982 seasons converted to 3 points for a win.

Just to repeat, our current run is 102 from 46 with a goal difference of +44.

Some great stats above about our two incredible 46 game sequences of 102 points.

Here's a historical comparison. Since the Football League was expanded to 92 teams in 1950, there have been 156 league seasons with 46 games, mostly in Divisions 3 and 4 as they were once called. Combine all those seasons and you get a league table with 3,744 positions.

Here's the top 10 of those 3,744:

lincoln_final.png

*Using the old terminology. Pre-1982 seasons converted to 3 points for a win.

Just to repeat, our current run is 102 from 46 with a goal difference of +44.

Whilst not wanting to piss on anyone's chips that is misleading, we don't have a similar 46  game season comparison for many teams, take Chelsea's win last season, if we take their full 14-15 season they won 87 points, add to that the last 8 games 13-14 where they won 16 points that is 103.

Man City's  13-14 win, 86 and 16 = 102, or if we look at the season following their league win 86 + 17 = 103

Don't  get me wrong it is an amazing achievement, but you can't compare a 46 game time frame against 46 game seasons, there are a lot more occasions of teams surpassing 102 points spanning 2 seasons than in that table.

Edited by Captain...

If Wes plays the full 90 on Sunday, he'll be one of only 3 premier league winning captains to have done so the others being Gary Pallister and John Terry.

If Wes plays the full 90 on Sunday, he'll be one of only 3 premier league winning captains to have done so the others being Gary Pallister and John Terry.

Is Schmeichel the only other 100%er?

How many Keepers have done that in a title winning season, probably more than any other position, did his Dad ever do it?

If Morgan gets subbed in injury time does it still count?

• Like 2

Whilst not wanting to piss on anyone's chips that is incredibly misleading, we don't have a similar 46  game season comparison for Chelsea's win last season, if we take their full 14-15 season they won 87 points, add to that the last 8 games 13-14 where they won 16 points that is 103.

Man City's  13-14 win, 86 and 16 = 102, or if we look at the season following their league win 86 + 17 = 103

Don't  get me wrong it is an amazing achievement, but you can't compare a 46 game time frame against 46 game seasons, there are a lot more occasions of teams surpassing 102 points spanning 2 seasons than in that table.

Chips in tact, Captain. I agree with your points, that's why I put the Championship season in the table I made, and our current run as a footnote.  I've said above in similar posts that it's not ideal comparing a full season with a run like ours. 

• Like 1

Is Schmeichel the only other 100%er?

How many Keepers have done that in a title winning season, probably more than any other position, did his Dad ever do it?

If Morgan gets subbed in injury time does it still count?

Sorry what I wrote was misleading, not the full 90 Its the full match - every minute of the season.

This is bonkers.

Over the last three weeks, Jamie Vardy has picked up a trophy on average once every four days:

April 25th:

vardy_trophy_11.jpg

May 8th:

vardy_pl_trophy.jpg

May 10th:

vardy_trophy_goal.jpg

May 12th:

vardy_fwa.jpg

May 13th:

vardy_pl.jpg

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 3

The football writers award looks like something you'd win for being the most improved player in an U12's team.

That's exactly what I thought. Like one of the participation trophies they dish out to the team finishing last in the U8 tournament!

I don't know if anyone has posted this but even if they have it's worth posting again.

Regardless of the result tomorrow, we're the best away team in Premier League history. :o

Not sure about this one - Chelsea managed 48 points away in 04/05, we're currently on 38?

I don't know if anyone has posted this but even if they have it's worth posting again.

Regardless of the result tomorrow, we're the best away team in Premier League history. :o

Think that's just this season, not the history of the league.