Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

we could complete graetest double in history, one that will probably be never repeated

Winning TWO titles in the same season whilst playing  the Mighty MANCHESTER UNITED

November 28 2015

1- VARDYS record, that's a kind of  title

May 1 2016

2 PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

a better double than ALL the doubles MU have ever inflicted on us COMBINED over the years

They did the treble so I'm sure it won't give them too many sleepless nights

Kingy will be the first player to win the top three tiers for the same club since the Ipswich side of the 50s/60s.

I believe he'll be the first in the 'non north/south split third tier' era!

IF!

Not a mathematical 'stat' as such, but:

We reached the theoretical 'safety total' of 40 pts on May 28th last season and again on January 1st this term.

I'd doubt that any side in PL history has reached survival point twice in such a short time!

Would have been May 24th not 28th.

Here's something though:

Then hit the 'current' spell....................................43 games.....W29,D11,L3............

We've lost against Chelsea, Arsenal (2x) and Liverpool though. Something went wrong when you added up ;)

Yeah I've just totted it up - 

We've been behind in matches so far this season for a total of 339 minutes (out of 3240 + stoppage time). 

And since and including Boxing Day we've been behind for only 46 mins!!!

If you count from after that match until now - so from fixture 19 to 36 (18 matches!) we've been behind for 19 minutes...

THAT is mental!

we had the chance to be confirmed champions yesterday and get another chance today, maybe another chance when we play everton, could be more!

anyway, 3 chances in a week, has that happened before?

For us, no! In a normal season I expect it happens almost every year that a team has a decent advantage and plays midweek to catch up fixtures.

It's a part of history ...

- when the number of clubs ever won the PL has been extended from 5 to 6.

- when the number of clubs ever won the English top division has been extended from 23 to 24. 

And the membership in this top-winner club union will last forever....

Mark Schwarzer has won the league title in consecutive seasons with different teams.

Anyone know if that's ever been done before?

Eric Cantona definitely did.

Maybe Henning Berg? Not certain on that though.

Edit: Berg didn't do it in consecutive seasons, but was the first player to win the Premier League with different clubs.

Cantona was old Division 1 followed by Premier League

Edited by tom27111