Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Food glorious food (The cooking thread)

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Thats my fried puff ball breakfast from this morning Bucey but couldn't get both pics on the same post ...     

Ah, it makes sense now - I didn't see the first post. :doh:

Yeah, it was me last year sometime.

The bread looks nice - is it home made?

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Looks as dry as the inside of Ghandis flip flop. 

How rude ! ...    However ...    It may look that way but was indeed juicy and tender ...   Lots of butter on the toast and more butter soaked into the puffball ...    Top bloody breakfast !!      So there ...

• Haha 1

On 17/08/2017 at 20:40, Durnerz said:

I figured out today that I really need an Uuni pizza oven in my life

I have an uuni and its ok - not fantastic, but pretty good.

Mine was about half the price of the Roccbox, but the Roccbox didn't look twice as good.

I make a load of pizza dough up and then freeze it in individual balls and if the weather is decent, just defrost what I'll need and fire it up. Also do hot smoked salmon in it - but the kids love making and cooking the pizzas.

Like I said, would recommend - fresh pizza in about 2 minutes!  

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

I have an uuni and its ok - not fantastic, but pretty good.

Mine was about half the price of the Roccbox, but the Roccbox didn't look twice as good.

I make a load of pizza dough up and then freeze it in individual balls and if the weather is decent, just defrost what I'll need and fire it up. Also do hot smoked salmon in it - but the kids love making and cooking the pizzas.

Like I said, would recommend - fresh pizza in about 2 minutes!  

That's still decent, do you cook other things in the uuni? What model do you have?

Just now, Durnerz said:

That's still decent, do you cook other things in the uuni? What model do you have?

I have the uuni 2 and I only use it for pizza, hot smoked fish and occasional desserts. (I use a smoker or Kamado Joe for most other outdoor cooking).

Like I said, I'd give it about a 7.5/10 - it can sometimes be a bit of a pain to light, and sometimes the pellets get stuck in the hopper - but when its up and running its great. 

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

I have the uuni 2 and I only use it for pizza, hot smoked fish and occasional desserts. (I use a smoker or Kamado Joe for most other outdoor cooking).

Like I said, I'd give it about a 7.5/10 - it can sometimes be a bit of a pain to light, and sometimes the pellets get stuck in the hopper - but when its up and running its great. 

For the price it looks a decent buy, do you use a blowtorch to light it? Can take longer with firefighter I believe. Kamado looks awesome but I think I'll opt for.a Weber for a more all-round grill, bloody love bbq!

I use a blowtorch - much better than faffing about with firelighters. 

And honestly...Weber shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Kamado Joe!! :o

Thats like comparing Akinbiye to Vardy...

Enjoy, shame the summers all but over, though 

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett

IMG-20170822-WA0000.thumb.jpg.56068983a26eae2369ddc7154f49a45d.jpg

Dinner last night.

Far from the best hotpot I've had but still pretty epic. I love this shit, I'd happily eat a variation of it every day.

That's not me in the photo by the way for anyone who may have wondered.

11 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Dinner last night.

Far from the best hotpot I've had but still pretty epic. I love this shit, I'd happily eat a variation of it every day.

Nice!! I had a couple of Korean hot pot's out in the states and they were incredible with an unlimited amount of buffet meats and fish to go with it. The 2 types of broth look similar also, I remember the chili side of it was scorching hot and amazing but wasn't so keen on the more clear one as it seemed a bit tasteless.

Guest BlueBrett
7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Nice!! I had a couple of Korean hot pot's out in the states and they were incredible with an unlimited amount of buffet meats and fish to go with it. The 2 types of broth look similar also, I remember the chili side of it was scorching hot and amazing but wasn't so keen on the more clear one as it seemed a bit tasteless.

Agreed, I'm all about the spicy side! Usually end up spiking the other one with half a bottle of chilli oil much to my girlfriend's chagrin 

3 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Dinner last night.

Sigh.

I'm feeling really old now - when I was a kid, this was a hotpot:

hotpot.jpg.9cfb22c7c5d065d71b80021515787169.jpg

Edited by Buce

3 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Dinner last night.

Is Korean food catching on in the UK then? I hope so.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Is Korean food catching on in the UK then? I hope so.

Guy who owns Wasabi restaurants is Korean - just branched out into a couple of Korean restaurants (Kimchee) and a Korean/Japanese Bakery...Has 50+ sites in London but is venturing north...

Top bloke and great food 

On 8/20/2017 at 22:18, Milo said:

And honestly...Weber shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Kamado Joe!! :o

Thats like comparing Akinbiye to Vardy...

Can't echo this sentiments enough!

It's ridiculously versatile from low 'n' slow cooking, grilling, baking, cold smoking, roasting, and searing.

I made some burnt ends last weekend that were incredible.