Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

Wish he was English. Don't even think I would swap him for Pogba.

He is better than Pogba... knows how to do the dirty work but is capable of producing magic to set an attack up

Don't despair..we've got Danny Drinkwater!

England shoot themselves in the foot, we don't pick the best players just the big names whether they are injured or past it

Another routine away win. Bossed the game without the ball. Creating a new football model, much more exciting than that Spanish rubbish.

Showed the rest of the league how to beat an overpaid arrogant bunch of pampered footballers.

In Germany this weekend watching VFL Bochum but so proud of the lads, Huth is the man over here!!

Been a fantastic weekend, another good night in the offing, as long as Police don't visit the hotel again!!

From what we hear here in France, Didier Deschamps will select Kante for the next two games against Netherlands and Russia.

Great idea, he can rest the other 10.

I said I wanted a win not a draw, backed my belief in the team with Bet365 and came away absolutely delighted with the result but wondering if we actually know how good we are and could be.

And no I'm not completely satisfied. What the hell Ranieri was messing around at in the closing minutes God only knows because his last two substitutions had no purpose whatsoever and the three changes almost at once wrecked the cohesion of the team, cost us a goal, might easily have cost a second and stopped us posting a better goal difference than Manchester City.

Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's harrassing was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.

Even overall we only played well as a team for two spells - at the beginning of each half.

The rest of the time, apart from the closing minutes, we defended well but passed the ball abyssmally.

How did we see the Manchester players - as so many supermen? They weren't but we gave the ball away so freely at times you'd think they were.

We scored in the third minute with a well thought-out free kick to the near post with Mahrez making it happen and Huth finishing alertly with the help of a deflection.

For the next 10 minutes we pressured their back four and might easily have scored more. Then we started sitting off, stopped pressing the defenders, stopped passing the ball properly and made it hard for ourselves, for all the we defended superbly andwith such sound organisation.

Second half Mahrez scored a brilliant individual goal after sending their defender somewhere into the North Pennines with his shimmy and, again, we threatened to add to that, particularly through Vardy who was brilliant again and might so easily have scored a couple himself and made a couple for the lively if unlucky Shinji.

Then we sat back again, lost our ambition, started passing the ball clumsily or without thinking and somehow gave an already resigned-to--defeat Manchester City the slightest hope of a grandstand finish.

Their goal came from an indifferent clearance and and lost concentration for the cross, while Simpson's thoughtless and unnecessary back pass should have give Aguero his second goal and the slenderest chance of a draw they never deserved.

And it was all down to an unnecessarily disturbed and suddenly unbalanced team and the sort of pasing that wouldn't have been impressive in a playground.

It took the shine off what could have been one of the performances of the season.

Huth earned his man-of-the-match aware because his two goals was just the kind of support we've short of for Vardy and because he also made at least two vital, perhaps goalsaving interceptions. For me that - and the significance of those goals - added up to his first 10 rating of the season.

Mahrez earned a nine for a magnificent goal and assist while Vardy earned an eight for what might have been - and so nearly was, as a result of his breathtaking movement and vision.

Fuchs and Morgan were excellent too, Kante his usual Ariston-and-on self, Drinkwater pretty good and Albrighton as good as I've seen him at times with some deft passes and good choices.

But why risk so much with that nonsense at the end and why not continue pressing defenders that are so clearly unable to cope when siting off invited so much more danger?

Another routine away win. Bossed the game without the ball. Creating a new football model, much more exciting than that Spanish rubbish.

Showed the rest of the league how to beat an overpaid arrogant bunch of pampered footballers.

In Germany this weekend watching VFL Bochum but so proud of the lads, Huth is the man over here!!

Been a fantastic weekend, another good night in the offing, as long as Police don't visit the hotel again!!

Behave yourself Chris, set an example to the young lads.

I said I wanted a win not a draw, backed my belief in the team with Bet365 and came away absolutely delighted with the result but wondering if we actually know how good we are and could be.

And no I'm not completely satisfied. What the hell Ranieri was messing around at in the closing minutes God only knows because his last two substitutions had no purpose whatsoever and the three changes almost at once wrecked the cohesion of the team, cost us a goal, might easily have cost a second and stopped us posting a better goal difference than Manchester City.

Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's business was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.

Even overall we only played well as a team for two spells - at the beginning of each half.

The rest of the time, apart from the closing minutes, we defended well but passed the ball abyssmally.

How did we see the Manchester players - as so many supermen? They were but we dgave the ball away so freely at times you'd think they were.

We scored in the third minutes with a well thought-out free kick to the near post with Mahrez making it happen and Huth finishing alertly with the help of a deflection. For the next 10 minutes we pressured their back four and might easily have scored more. Then we started sitting off, stopped pressing the defenders, stopped passing the ball properly and made it hard for ourselves, for all the we defended superbly.

Second half Mahrez scored a brilliant individual goal after sending their defender somewhere into the North Pennines with his shimmy and, again, we threatened to add to that, particularly through Vardy who was brilliant again and might so easily have scored a couple himself and made a couple for the lively if unlucky Shinji.

Then we sat back again, lost our ambition, started passing the ball clumsily or without thinking and somehow gave an already resigned-to--defeat Manchester City the slightest hope of a grandstand finish.

Their goal came from an indifferent clearance and and lost concentration for the cross, while Simpson's thoughtless and unnecessary back pass should have give Aguero his second goal and the slenderest chance of a draw they never deserved. And it was all down to an unnecessarily disturbed and suddenly unbalanced team and the sort of pasing that wouldn't have been impressive in a playground.

It took the shine off what could have been the performance of the season. Huth earned his man-of-the-match aware because his two goals was just the kind of support we've short of for Vardy and because he also made at least two vital, perhaps goalsaving interceptions. For me that - and the significance of those goals - added up to his first 10 rating of the season.

Mahrez earned an nine for a magnificent goal and assist while Vardy earned an eight for what might have been as a result of his breathtaking movement and vision.

Fuchs and Morgan were excellent too, Kante his usual Ariston-and-on self, Drinkwater pretty good and Albrighton as good as I've seen him at times with some deft passes and good choices.

But why risk so much with that nonsense at the end and why not continue pressing defenders that are so clearly unable to cope when siting off invited so much more danger?

Chill out Thrac, we won 3-1.

If it goes down to goal difference and we lose out so be it. Ranieri probably values inclusivity and making everybody feel positive and involved more highly than the extremely slight risk of being edged out of the league title (!) on goal difference.

Guest BlueBrett

Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's business was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.

Wants to get everyone up to 10 league appearances so nobody misses out on a winners' medal  :ph34r:

Buzzing my tits off still after that. Yes they'll say they had 66% possession or whatever but we won it relatively easily and were maybe guilty of not being clinical enough to make it even more comfortable. We're gonna do this!

In the famous words of Stevie G 'Don't let this slip'........ probably not the best example lol

Chill out Thrac, we won 3-1.

If it goes down to goal difference and we lose out so be it. Ranieri probably values inclusivity and making everybody feel positive and involved more highly than the extremely slight risk of being edged out of the league title (!) on goal difference.

Why give away anything we don't need to? You might not have a professional attitude but that's what our club aspires to in every way and we simply fell short without reason. Just because you win 3-1 or even 6-0 doesn't mean there aren't things you might do better. We gave them the sniff of a chance for no reason and there'd have been more than me saying so if Aguero had accepted his "gift" of a second goal and then they'd snatched a third in the panic.

Guest CityFan 06

I just keep hearing on the radio stations even on national news such as the BBC about Leicester City, league leaders etc. It's truly wonderful.

Archived