Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

Guest BlueBrett

Totally outclassed them. It was great to see that the likes of Sterling, Toure, Kolarov, Otamendi, Di Michelis and Delph are extremely average players nowhere near worth the ludicrous sums that Man City paid for them. Aguero was the only one who looked like causing us any problems.

Our whole team was excellent. We could have scored another three or four (Vardy x2, Okazaki x2). Totally in control.

How on earth does anyone think that the side we played against could win four trophies, including the Champions League? Capital Cup and FA Cup maybe, but leave the others to the real champions!

Come on Watford and Bournemouth

Kolarov really was awful wasn't he  lol

Magnicent pwrformance. Watched the game in an Irish pub here in Berlin and have been wandering the streets grinning and laughing like a madman. I am bit worried I might get carted off to a mental hospital. Am I halucinating? I this real?

This IS the real life... :D

Guest CityFan 06

Got to give a big mention to Albrighton today thought he was superb, put in a lot of excellent crosses and worked his socks off defensively, but every single player deserves huge credit.

Absolutely. Great shout. Thought some of his crosses were phenomenal today. Defensively great and on the attack superb. As you said every player in this team deserves credit. Amazing times!

Man City's home record isn't too shabby either is it? We blew them out of the water with 30% odd possession. Crazy. Flipping the football world on it's head this season. There isn't many more superlatives to sum it all up.

This is probably the thing that makes me smile most of all.

We've not just shocked people by being underdogs. We've made them completely rethink the game of football.

There's a lot of links between Wednesday and Leicester

Yeah - will never forget those Wednesday v Arsenal FA Cup replays at Filbert Street in 1979. All Leicester fans were cheering Wednesday on. (Younger members may not know but back then there was no limit on FA Cup replays - and after draws at Highbury and Hillsborough, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th (!) replays were all at Filbert Street. Wednesday were in the old 3rd division, right?  I think the sequence at Filbert Street was 2-2, 3-3 then Arsenal finally won 2-0.

(I know - this is a post-match thread - but nice to recall when another team were being cheered by neutrals the way Leicester are now).

I do like Man City but considering they too were in the 3rd tier in recent history, I cant believe how much their fans just give in when their backs are against the wall. About half the stadium was empty after 80 mins!

This isnt uncommon either. I remember being in Manchester for a weekend in 2008 and went Man City v Fulham since it was on. Fulham went 3-1 up after 65 mins and the stadium emptied. Still a lot of time to claw things back! Still goes for a nber of fans in their title win too.

I know every team has fans that leave early but it seems like the proportion for Man City is somewhat higher than most...

I do like Man City but considering they too were in the 3rd tier in recent history, I cant believe how much their fans just give in when their backs are against the wall. About half the stadium was empty after 80 mins!

This isnt uncommon either. I remember being in Manchester for a weekend in 2008 and went Man City v Fulham since it was on. Fulham went 3-1 up after 65 mins and the stadium emptied. Still a lot of time to claw things back! Still goes for a nber of fans in their title win too.

I know every team has fans that leave early but it seems like the proportion for Man City is somewhat higher than most...

How many of those that left were there when they were in the 3rd tier?The real fans would be there till the end.

Unbelievable. I was sat in the man City end with my Dad and I couldn't contain myself. I was sat shaking and just I'm pure dis belief. Definitely one of the best games I've been to and ranks up there with the cup finals I went to under O Neill. Brilliant performance from front to back. Hard to pick a man of the match. Kante, Drinky, Mahrez, Huth, Morgan all excellent. Schmeichel made some key saves. I'm in total shock.

Just spent about half an hour pacing around the room after the final whistle. Didn't know what  to do with myself.

I have found alcohol has calmed me down. :thumbup:

Jebus Christ!  :blink:

Well done Leicester, what an insane season this is turning out to be for your team! I actually have a soft spot for Arsenal, only because I swapped scarves with an Arsenal fan when we (Benfica) won 3-1 at Highbury, in a Champions League knockout game back in 1991, but I hope you beat them next week. What an achievement it would be if you won the league, beating the oil-funded bastards that are ruining football!  :D  :scarf:

Archived