Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

To cash out...

Anone who thinks that leicester city winning the league is bad news for the bookies is very very wrong.

I'm a manager of a bookies and I can tell you worldwide apron what these teams would have been paid out.

Nationwide around 75 million was staked with us on the market pre season (about 70%of the total bets in the market are placed pre season)

Chelsea would have seen us pay out between 70/75 million

Man City 55/60million

Man UTD 60/65 million

Arsenal 55/60 million

Spurs and Liverpool combined 45 million

Others total combined totals around 8 million.

These figures were released at our area agm in February

Bookies win whatever team wins and thr worst result would still have seen us return a small profit on Chelsea.

Leicester winning is massive for EVERYONE major bookmaker they are laughing.

For people saying but we were still bring backed at 33-1 yes we were but much more money was going on other teams.

Hope this helps.

Don't ever cash out, you can see my post in this thread from a long time ago!. we will take the title, nothing can stop the journey now, its already destined to happen, I sense it. just don't cash out or you will regret it badly, trust me. 

Don't ever cash out, you can see my post in this thread from a long time ago!. we will take the title, nothing can stop the journey now, its already destined to happen, I sense it. just don't cash out or you will regret it badly, trust me. 

I'm trusting you :)   When the Spuds beat Villa on Sunday though my nerves will be wrecked.. Also keeping an eye on potential familiar new Newcastle manager changes for Monday night's game, if you know what I mean..

I'd be astounded if it jumped that high after beating a relegation threatened side at home.

it probably will edge up a bit just because it's another game ticked off. if we win of course. but then again if you're going to wait until after the newcastle game because you want to cash out but you're sure we're going to win, why not take the 6k now and put that on us to beat newcastle @ 4/6 and then you've got 10k...

it'll go down before it goes up, too, as everyone plays before us this weekend and everyone has f uck easy games. 

as an aside, they interviewed the fella who cashed out on sky sports news this morning. they asked him why he put the bet on and he said "because i thought we were going to win the league". lol. what a lie. 

I put  50 pence on at 500/1 on 1st of nov (11 games in and we were 3rd).  I was confident, but not stupid.  I wasn't going to risk a whole pound ;)

Does anyone know where I could get odds on us winning the champions league next year? I am serious, got to be worth 50p.

Cash out is for the mentally weak.

Another chance for the bookie to take a slice.

Hold firm whoever has a bet.

You clearly don't have a child/mortgage or bills to pay then.

Whatever you do ignore Scouse Fox lol. Unless you have balls of steel. We could fail to beat Newcastle and still win the league. lol. I like his confidence mind.

haha it wasn't serious advice and it's not something i'd do, but it's great advice compared to the advice above it.

they said to leave the bet until we definitely beat newcastle then cash out immediately. so you'd probably get a few hundred quid more for the risk of us beating newcastle. whereas i said just cash out, lob it all on us beating newcastle (which the above post was super confident we would do) and you'd get an extra 4 grand not an extra few hundred quid. 

if i'd had a bet i'd have cashed some of it out by now. probably not all of it but deffo a decent chunk. you could take a massive amount of your original stake and hence a pretty big cash out and still be looking at an extra few grand should we win it. laying it on betfair is still the best option but obviously appreciate that not many people have a "spare" 20k to cover the liability lol

A friend of mine at work put £10 on us to win the league @5000/1 it's with skybet and he's not been offered a cash out.

He said it would take an offer of £30k for him to accept it.

I'll offer him 15k cash now get him to PM me :)

If anyone is in debt or can't handle payments relatively easy then it would of cause be wise to cash out not worth the risk...

If anyone is in debt and cant handle repayments relatively easily, perhaps they shouldnt be placing bets?

I'll offer him 15k cash now get him to PM me :)

I've got a bet with Skybet worth £18,000 if City win, i'd be interested in doing a partial/split or some sort of deal with you if your serious - seeing as I lost my job at Christmas some cash could come in handy before May, fully confident that they'll do it - life just thrown me a bit of a curve ball in the meanwhile.

Archived