Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

To cash out...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10214349/sky-bet-punter-cashes-out-leicester-title-bet-for-big-money

That's my mate I was on about, settled for just under £29k... Jammy git!

My girlfriend is friends with him and his family. She said he's minted anyway lol

Bloke at work who's go the same bet going has been offered just over £29k he's turned it down.

id be well out by now because im skint and a pussy but if I was somehow still in id be laying on the exchange all day. we're odds on. it's win win.

some fellas with either huge balls or not fussed about the money if they're not even hedging some of this. hundreds of thousands la. off like a few tenners. nutters.

My girlfriend is friends with him and his family. She said he's minted anyway lol

Yep, drop in the ocean really!

id be well out by now because im skint and a pussy

That's just it. The missus was moaning as she hadn't bet like last season, I told her she'd have cashed out at the first opportunity for about £100 then be kicking herself for years and years that she hadn't held out for tens of thousands.

• 2 weeks later...

If you've placed a bet with Betfred go and collect your winnings, they're paying out in full.

Thought you were joking because that's still a bit premature.  But no.  Wow.  Here's hoping it's not the harbinger of our slip from grace.

I need some FT advice here. I'm not a gambler and don't understand it but a few weeks ago after we lost at Arsenal, 3 of my Gooner 'mates' down the golf club were taking the piss and saying we'd blown it (I now live down south). In a fit of rage and defiance I bet them £50 each that we'd still finish the season above them and they all took the bet laughing their tits off. Now things have changed and they're moping around all sad and now expecting to lose their money lol The problem is a Leicester fan of 35 years there's still a part of me that thinks we'll fvck it up. So I thought about offering them a 'cash out' of £30 each this weekend. I reckon they'll all take it as they think Arsenal have blown it. I know it's only small change but would you take £90 now or risk the full £150?

theres a separate thread for first world problems mate :P

You told my mate, after seeing on here, that betfred are paying out.

He's just checked his account, and he's 10 grand richer, still can't believe they have paid out with 6 to go

what do they get from paying out this early it's ****ing daft

Actually just checked my bet 365 account and they have paid out on my Leicester handicap bet +49 points, I am kicking myself for not having a go at 5000-1 because I very nearly had a tenner for a bit of fun. Congrats to all those who have picked up on the bet of a lifetime.

Agreed with nalis, publicity, like my mate said, people will remember how early they paid out, and I should imagine there will be a bigger number betting on city next season.

They won't lose a great deal in all fairness, they would have made millions from those betting on the usual suspects.

Being curious I Just googled to see if they have previous for doing this and they have

Betfred have paid out early twice

in March 1998 it paid out to gamblers who had bet that Manchester United would win the Premier League, only for Arsenal to pip United by one point.

Betfred also paid out early on Manchester United to win the 2011–12 Premier League title, only for Manchester City to beat them on goal difference.

Being curious I Just googled to see if they have previous for doing this and they have

Betfred have paid out early twice

in March 1998 it paid out to gamblers who had bet that Manchester United would win the Premier League, only for Arsenal to pip United by one point.

Betfred also paid out early on Manchester United to win the 2011–12 Premier League title, only for Manchester City to beat them on goal difference.

Looking good then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am still hanging on to my bet!!! ( I stand to win 12.5k ) but I am getting a bit jittery..any advice?!!!

Ps. I was offered 9k to cash out last week so I assume a new cash out offer would be around this.

I may consider this in light of the poor ref decisions that may further affect our title bid!!!

Archived