Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Gianni Infantino Elected New FIFA President

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35673743

Fifa presidential election: Gianni Infantino succeeds Sepp Blatter

On the face of it this bloke will do more harm than Blatter.

Rather than just fixing world cups, he wants to ruin them altogether - by having 40 teams play the final tournament in numerous different countries.

Another sad day for our sport.

He's Swiss, from the same part of the country like Blatter and both were born in the month of March - but that's where the comparison ends.

I applaud his appointment and I salute FIFA for wanting to take actions on a more democratic level, trying to make their expenses and salaries public and evening the playing field for women with a quota.

Hopefully, they'll let actions follow words.

Not convinced by him. But need to give him a chance, but he's part of the existing establishment. Never a good sign.

Basically reminds me of the baddie off one of those puppet shows. Thunderbirds? Stingray? Anyway, let's hope he has cuts his strings, and is his own man.

Oh great. Another Swiss lawyer.

Give football back to football people you money grabbing business cvnts.

Like Platini?

Edit to add that Infantino was by far the biggest "football person" amongst the candidates. He actually played the game, and is known as someone that's always been near-obsessed with the game.

Oh great. Another Swiss lawyer.

Give football back to football people you money grabbing business cvnts.

Unlike any other people working in the banking or law business, such as the UK and its overseas department? Bermudas, Bahamas? Or the US with Delaware?

Infantino may have his flaws but was certainly the best out of an otherwise bad bunch and you can't knock him for not loving the game enough.

Common sense has prevailed, now let's see what happens next @FIFA.

• 4 weeks later...

German football legend Franz Beckenbauer is one of six men being investigated for their part in the country's 2006 World Cup bid.

The ethics committee of world governing body Fifa has decided to act after examining a report commissioned by the German Football Association (DFB).

In October, Beckenbauer, 70, said he made a "mistake" in the bidding process for which he took "responsibility".

Germany beat South Africa 12-11 in the vote, which took place in July 2000.

Who are the six being investigated?
  • Franz Beckenbauer: Former vice-president of the DFB, president of the 2006 World Cup local organising committee (LOC) and former member of the Fifa executive committee.

• Wolfgang Niersbach: Former president of the DFB, vice-president of the LOC and current member of the Fifa and Uefa executive committees.

• Helmut Sandrock: Former secretary general of the DFB and tournament director of the LOC.

• Theo Zwanziger: Former president of the DFB, vice-president of the LOC and former member of the Fifa and Uefa executive committees.

• Horst Schmidt: Former secretary general of the DFB and vice-president of the LOC.

• Stefan Hans: Former chief financial officer of the DFB and chief financial officer of the LOC.

German news weekly Der Spiegel reported last year that an alleged slush fund of 6.7 million euros (£4.8m) was used to buy votes for Germany. The allegation was denied by the DFB.

Beckenbauer, Zwanziger, Schmidt and Hans are to be investigated for "possible undue payments and contracts to gain an advantage in the 2006 World Cup host selection", while Niersbach and Sandrock will be investigated for a "possible failure to report a breach of the Fifa code of ethics".

Beckenbauer was the head of the World Cup organising committee, which reports allege made a payment to Fifa in return for a financial grant.

He captained West Germany to victory as hosts at the 1974 World Cup and was coach when they next lifted the trophy, in Italy 16 years later.

The former defender went on to manage French side Marseille and German giants Bayern Munich, where he is now honorary president.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive said before fifa needed to be disbanded and a whole new org created or something. I personally would make voting transparent. Public sees all financials and knows who voted for what or abstained etc. If fifa wants to seriously get their act together they have to be fully transparent. But..when in panama money talks.

You said "give football back to football people."

Unfortunately, even "football people" are a problem these days...

They're phoney football people. Platini's done more bad for the game than good now for me. A massive shame but truth.

I'd like to hope he's a rare case amongst footballers, Platini's just shown himself as another corrupt twat who happened to be very good at the game.

They're phoney football people. Platini's done more bad for the game than good now for me. A massive shame but truth.

I'd like to hope he's a rare case amongst footballers, Platini's just shown himself as another corrupt twat who happened to be very good at the game.

I wasn't being entirely serious, but perhaps the larger point stands that such greed is now endemic within the sport, so much so that there aren't enough people actually within the game that can rid FIFA of corruption.

Pearson taking over FiFA would be an appropriate ending to this season's fairytale.  

Not voted in, just crashing through a window, with a tracksuit on and carrying a big stick.

Ive said before fifa needed to be disbanded and a whole new org created or something. I personally would make voting transparent. Public sees all financials and knows who voted for what or abstained etc. If fifa wants to seriously get their act together they have to be fully transparent. But..when in panama money talks.

This latest incident concerns UEFA, not FIFA.

And although the current informations suggest Infantino did in fact co-sign the TV rights deal with Cross Trading in Argentina, that doesn't mean he did know what Cross Trading were up to when they re-sold them at a higher price (200% of the original sum) - the latter part being out of UEFA's jurisdiction.

So, he as well as UEFA remain innocent until proven guilty.

Cross Trading is owned by Hugo Jinkis and his son Mariano who until recently were under house arrest and still are under investigation for money laundering and bribery in the quest for obtaining media and marketing rights.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/197456/fifa-scandal-hugo-mariano-jinkis-released-from-prison-

argentina-fifa-businessmen.jpg

This latest incident concerns UEFA, not FIFA.

And although the current information suggest Infantino did in fact co-sign the TV rights deal with Cross Trading in Argentina, that doesn't mean he did know what Cross Trading were up to when they re-sold them at a higher price (200% of the original sum) - the latter part being out of UEFA's jurisdiction. So, it's innocent until proven guilty.

Cross Trading is owned by Hugo Jinkis and his son Mariano who, until recently, were under house arrest and still are under investigation for money laundering and bribery in the quest for obtaining media and marketing rights.

argentina-fifa-businessmen.jpg

Of course i know its with uefa but theres just way too many close calls for my liking to keep any of these guys around. Uefa/fifa/concacaf whomever all need new fresh blood.

Will be interesting to see how this latest story pans out

Archived