Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

41 minutes ago, Parafox said:

My 09 Audi A6 suddenly won't allow me to search for a bluetooth phone. Bluetooth is switched on but I can't activate "discoverability". It worked fine until a few days ago. I've changed no settings. Anyone have a clue?

Have you tried switching it on and off? 

In all all seriousness if it’s the same interface as mine click on media then source then scroll down to Bluetooth. If that fails connect through your phone.

Edited by Costock_Fox

I think I want a new car. I mentioned previously about replacing my 120d with a merc or a3 hatchback. However I think I want something 4 door and a little bit bigger. Just looking at the Audi A3 s line, they look nice but there’s so many options. Any know any info on them?

something like this 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801243050436?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2013&price-to=15000&postcode=le652lx&sort=year-desc&fuel-type=Diesel&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&transmission=Manual&model=A3&page=1&quantity-of-doors=4&make=AUDI&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

Edited by Unabomber

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think I want a new car. I mentioned previously about replacing my 120d with a merc or a3 hatchback. However I think I want something 4 door and a little bit bigger. Just looking at the Audi A3 s line, they look nice but there’s so many options. Any know any info on them?

something like this 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801243050436?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2013&price-to=15000&postcode=le652lx&sort=year-desc&fuel-type=Diesel&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&transmission=Manual&model=A3&page=1&quantity-of-doors=4&make=AUDI&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

Yeah get that one.

On 1/17/2018 at 03:37, Unabomber said:

One thing I’ve always wondered is why do some people get loud exhausts on their cars? Like those proper loud obnoxious things? I often see them on shitty cars. I don’t understand is it some kind of compensatory tool? Very scary for Nigel when I’m walking him. 

Like those fvckers on "Harleys' who's teenie tiny Penii force them to roar around on noisy bastard vibrators

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

something like this 

Nice that is mate.

I bought an Audi A4 in the summer S-line, black edition, automatic. It’s probably the best & most comfortable car I’ve had. I’ve previously had a 1 series, 3 series and an A3 and overall the Audi’s have been the nicer drive. I am looking at changing it and getting an A6 estate probably won’t bother for another 6 months. 

I use a garage called Fleet Cars near Cosby. It might be a bit far from your way but they do nice cars. The woman who owns it has a contract with a lease company so she gets first refusal on ex lease cars. Most of them are 3/4 years old but all well maintained with full service history. 

https://www.fleetsalesleicester.co.uk/

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

something like this 

Hi miles for a 3yo car.

Get the auto

Just now, Unabomber said:

Yeah look at that type not necessarily  that one. Why the auto? 

Because modern auto's are better in literally every single way. If you haven't tried one, try one. Especially for a daily, sitting in traffic with your foot on the clutch is tiresome.

13 hours ago, simFox said:

Because modern auto's are better in literally every single way. If you haven't tried one, try one. Especially for a daily, sitting in traffic with your foot on the clutch is tiresome.

Thanks I have never driven an auto so will need to test drive one.

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I drive the other half’s A6 which is an auto and have to agree with the above. Ordered the Golf in manual but really think I’ve made a mistake.

I think because I've never driven an automatic I was just kinda stuck in assuming I'd always drive one, but I definitely need to try it out. Is it weird when you first drive auto?

Edited by Unabomber

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think because I've never driven an automatic I was just kinda stuck in assuming I'd always drive one, but I definitely need to try it out. Is it weird when you first drive auto?

Yeah it is a bit. I had never driven one so was really nervous, occasionally you go to change gear but it’s so easy.

That car has got paddle gears and I have maybe used them once because auto is easier.

My work does a leasing scheme through Zenith and they let you have a car for a couple of days to see what it’s like, not sure if yours does but if so that’s an option to see how you will find it. Doesn’t cost you a penny and you get a decent car for 2 days to see if you like it.

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s fvcking brilliant when you first drive an auto mate and you’ll think “why the fvck didn’t I do this years ago?”

Its so easy and such less hassle than a manual I find. My last 3 motors have been autos and no way I’d ever go back.

Even persuaded my wife and Mum to buy autos but they still sit at traffic lights in drive mode riding their brakes :(

Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marmite said:

Has anyone used Available Car.com? 

Im in the process of looking for a new car for the wife, looking at there prices they are slightly more expensive than most places but at least I know it’s going to come with MOT and a guarantee. 

All their cars on their lot are unlocked, so it's useful to go to to have a close look at a car without being pestered by salesmen.

However I was put off by their appalling reviews online!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Doesn’t the auto limit your ability to rev your engine and do wheel spins though, and in which case how is it supposed to help you get girls? And then what’s the point in buying a nice car at all? Might as well buy a Toyota.

Some autos also have a manual/sports override mode if you still want to be cock.

• Haha 1