Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

8 hours ago, Worthington said:

Oncologist has been brutal .... This will probably be my final car purchase! hence the seeming extravagance! want to make sure the 'better half' has all she wants before I go !! 

Sorry to read this, all the best.

8 hours ago, Worthington said:

Oncologist has been brutal .... This will probably be my final car purchase! hence the seeming extravagance! want to make sure the 'better half' has all she wants before I go !! 

So sorry to here that.

On 13/01/2018 at 22:09, FoxesDeb said:

Had my new (to me) car delivered on Wednesday evening. Took it out, and the headlights are rubbish. So rubbish I couldn't drive without main beam, and even that wasn't as bright as normal headlights, with just headlights I could barely see the road in front. When I phoned the dealership they told me to take it to a garage of my choice and they would cover any costs. Great so far, but I've been quoted £350 for a replacement headlight unit which they want me to pay for and then wait for them to reimburse me. So when I rang the dealer back to let them know what the cost would be,  the lad said they will source one and do it themselves instead. Do I have any right to complain that I can't use the car in the dark, apart from well lit streets, or should I just be grateful that they're offering to fix it at all? 

Incredible isn’t it? I had Audi’s 10 years ago with xenon headlights that were brilliant..... then it all went to upgrade options for LED headlamps and I’ve had a Range Rover and a BMW sportsbike in recent years with basically candles for headlamps. I have no idea how they get away with it as with all my motors now I make sure they have them as stock or are chucked in as part of the deal.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Incredible isn’t it? I had Audi’s 10 years ago with xenon headlights that were brilliant..... then it all went to upgrade options for LED headlamps and I’ve had a Range Rover and a BMW sportsbike in recent years with basically candles for headlamps. I have no idea how they get away with it as with all my motors now I make sure they have them as stock or are chucked in as part of the deal.

Tbh, although it's a bit of hassle, I was quite relieved that there is actually a problem that can be rectified and that it's just not rubbish lights! I've traded one Alfa for another so I knew they weren't right, otherwise I probably just would have tried upgrading the bulbs! 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 14:32, sk3since03 said:

Honda website only has the Type r Vtec advertised i think so not entirely sure what’s going on with that one

Looks a great car though  

This is the one I saw ...    in black ...   looked stunning ...

58434918-B839-4A28-839F-618E5723AB30.jpeg

• Like 1

Tyre blew up on my crappy beaten up Astra yesterday. Had all 4 replaced today as they were all getting a bit thin. Well overdue for a new car - Trying to sort out something through Motability at my sisters suggestion (She works at Ford and said that no end of people qualify for them) but they're an absolute minefield of interviews, phone calls and forms!

35 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

ford-ranger-wildtrak-4x4-dcb-tdci-S31227

Close! I have got my eye on one of these!

Ford Ranger ...   me too.    Done a few miles but not too old.   Got a few extras fitted including dog cage with ventilator in roof, back hard cover with very good floodlight inside, winch, roof spotlight that can be operated from inside, and lockable gun safe.   About £5k.

• Like 1

One thing I’ve always wondered is why do some people get loud exhausts on their cars? Like those proper loud obnoxious things? I often see them on shitty cars. I don’t understand is it some kind of compensatory tool? Very scary for Nigel when I’m walking him. 

Edited by Unabomber

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

One thing I’ve always wondered is why do some people get loud exhausts on their cars? Like those proper loud obnoxious things? I often see them on shitty cars. I don’t understand is it some kind of compensatory tool? Very scary for Nigel when I’m walking him. 

Some little doggy ear defenders for Nigel next birthday ....     :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

It should be law that you can flag down said vehicles, pull the driver out rip out his/her exhaust and beat them to death with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 00:05, Jattdogg said:

It should be law that you can flag down said vehicles, pull the driver out rip out his/her exhaust and beat them to death with it.

I have a race exhaust on my bike, no baffles - although under 6,000rpm it's actually quite subdued. Given the frequency that I've been pulled out on over the years I'd never ride without a loud pipe. When I despatched in London which is up there with off-shore Alaskan crab fishing for danger, it kept me alive.

What pisses me off is that historically the police completely ignore these chav mobiles but victimise and harass bikers with impunity.

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I have a race exhaust on my bike, no baffles - although under 6,000rpm it's actually quite subdued. Given the frequency that I've been pulled out on over the years I'd never ride without a loud pipe. When I despatched in London which is up there with off-shore Alaskan crab fishing for danger, it kept me alive.

What pisses me off is that historically the police completely ignore these chav mobiles but victimise and harass bikers with impunity.

It's not the big bikes with racing exhausts, it's the little twats on 175's and L plates who "adapt" their exhausts to make an horrendous screaming row.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yesterday I p/ex'd my Mercedes C220 CDi for an 09 plate Audi A6. It's a year older than the Merc and a lower spec, but it's SO MUCH better. I never realised that, unless you go for top range Merc's, how overrated they are.

My brother in law has an Audi A6 - lovely motor. I just watched a documentary on the discover channel today on how they build an Audi S8 - very impressive. I love Audi's, hope you're happy with it :thumbup:  

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yesterday I p/ex'd my Mercedes C220 CDi for an 09 plate Audi A6. It's a year older than the Merc and a lower spec, but it's SO MUCH better. I never realised that, unless you go for top range Merc's, how overrated they are.

I had a E3 something turbo diesel back in the day, was a reet panzer of a car, but I loved it. Long wheel base, auto, bit of poke, big and comfy. Got to work feeling much better in that wagon

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

quietMy brother in law has an Audi A6 - lovely motor. I just watched a documentary on the discover channel today on how they build an Audi S8 - very impressive. I love Audi's, hope you're happy with it :thumbup:  

Only had it 24 hrs and already it feels like the best car I've had. Lovely to drive, handles well, spacious, comfortable, quiet, understated,handsome. A bit like me lol

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

My sister was 15 minutes away from going to test drive an Audi A5 she had negoiated a deal with over the phone yesterday when the salesman text her and said they had just sold it. 

Ouch.

I was always advised to pay a deposit over the phone in those situations to secure the car make sure that doesn't happen. Not sure if that was an option for your sister though...