Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

There is making changes and then there is bringing in a whole new 11 , doing that sucks out any momentum

I know I agree, how else does he expect to find a settled side who know how each other play if he is always going to change it, it is like the Sven days but I can see why there has been rotation plus you never know what restrictions clubs have made aswell?

Saying that you need to take Stones' mistakes on the chin because he plays that risky sort of passing game or whatever. This is fvcking international football. Let him learn from those mistakes on Everton's training ground before he's starting for us at the bloody Euro's.

Drinky did really well and was my MOTM. Didn't help that he had very few options on the ball but barely put a foot wring and looked miles ahead of Milner, Lallana and Barkley. Stones is so poor isn;t he? This team won't do anything in the Euros because we've not a single good defender.

I know I agree, how else does he expect to find a settled side who know how each other play if he is always going to change it, it is like the Sven days but I can see why there has been rotation plus you never know what restrictions clubs have made aswell?

Clubs may have restrictions but then you start with the side you want to take to the euros... it is only in 3 months time... I understand such changes if you had just played a tournament and it is August . I don't agree with it really ...

You know what is absolutely mad? That Boring James Milner parody isn't much of a parody because he is that boring.

Milner is shocking.... How is he even still in the England team? I don't care if he can play if 10 different positions he's bobbins

Drinky did really well and was my MOTM. Didn't help that he had very few options on the ball but barely put a foot wring and looked miles ahead of Milner, Lallana and Barkley. Stones is so poor isn;t he? This team won't do anything in the Euros because we've not a single good defender.

Cahill and Smalling... but you are right the Dutch were no threat tonight and still managed two goals

Holland just defended, they are actually pretty sh*t. Based on tonight in the euros I'd go:

Hart

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Rose

Sterling

Dier

Drinkwater

Alli

Kane

Vardy

Or

Hart

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Rose

Dier

Drinkwater

Vardy

Alli

Welbeck

Kane

cant play rose and walker together, neither can defend at all

Vardy had nothing to work with and still scored, Drinkwater was easily our best outfield player.

Lallana, Barkley & Milner were shockingly bad.

What a dreadful spectacle of a match, England weren't even trying to win.

Guess that is what happens when you change pretty much the whole team from a good one

He agreed with the clubs that he wouldn't play the players in 2 full games, which is only fair at this stage of the season.

Saying that you need to take Stones' mistakes on the chin because he plays that risky sort of passing game or whatever. This is fvcking international football. Let him learn from those mistakes on Everton's training ground before he's starting for us at the bloody Euro's.

He must be a bloody slow learner

Thought Vardy did what asked of a forward and put the ball in the net on the one real chance he had apart from the 30 yard shot.

Danny controlled the midfield defence role some important headers and kept things ticking along nicely and retaining possession.

Did everything Dier did against Germany apart from a goal.

Considering some player had 60-90 mins to show what they had for the plane for France Sturridge and Milner were very poor and I struggle to see what they offer.

Lallana and Barkley were ok but need to show that bit more Alli has that place sewn up for an attacking role

Clubs may have restrictions but then you start with the side you want to take to the euros... it is only in 3 months time... I understand such changes if you had just played a tournament and it is August . I don't agree with it really ...

Yeah true, I feel like the starting line up was his starting XI for the euros against Germany. I think tonight was just a game for the fringe players just to 'have a go'

Soon as fit you know Rooney will be back in the side aswell even though it's clear we don't need him but I guess that's what happens when we have a yes man in charge rather than a football manager

Think drinkwater could probably do a job at centre back, probably our best defensive player today. Stones is awful, shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. Would be considering taking someone like shawcross tbh because cahill is pretty crap as well. As has been said, its a shame Morgan chose Jamaica because he would be an absolute shoo-in with smalling

Archived