Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

The reason is that Vardy is seen as a working class lad made good, a modern day fairytale. He grafts. He has desire. It all obviously means something to him and therefore to others.

Whereas the same cannot be said for Kane at all. By the way I do think HK is a quality striker. He just isn't the accessible package that is presented by Vards.

I thought Drinkwater was class. I noticed on several occasions Stones not listening to Drinkys commands to drop back into the deeper pockets to allow him alternative passes, it pissed me off. Drinkwater is a general type player, he will dictate the tempo and open up channels that opposition players are oblivious to being exploited. Call this far-fetched, but give Drinkwater the allowance that he has had with us for England and I can garentue England will play Football we all wish we could watch, when Scholes was in his prime.

Vardy on the other hand, is a Legend. He's the most ruthless Striker that has ever been. His finishing is impetuous, His pace is impregnable, He's just furocious, He wants his glory, he wants your heart. He'll eat your records, praise be Leicester City.

Same here, couldn't help but focus on Drinky and Vardy, it was good to see his positional sense, but frustrating to see him curb his forward bursts and be forced to pass it sideways due to the lack of movement ahead of him. For us he would have happily carried the ball forwards quick pass and drive into the box, or if there are no options on hit one for  Vardy to chase. You feel he would have been slated for England if he had lost possession trying to find Vardy like that, so he played a sensible game and followed out Hodgson's instructions. Whether it will be enough to get him on the plane, I don't know but he is worth another look in the upcoming friendlies, unless Hodgson has to name his squad before them.

That was the last friendly before Hodgson picks his squad for the Euros. Drinky did his job very well but at crunch time I cant see Hodgson taking him. He will take Wilshere (ughhhh)

also, i got banned for being right about england the other day when we played germany, seems mark can't handle the truth. i was so right as well such a shame i wasn't allowed to say told you so. i will happily accept an apology via pm from everyone who tried to tell me we were playing badly and were rubbish. i fu cking love england and i hope everyone who "would rather we lost" or "doesn't want our players playing internationals ffs" has cried themselves to sleep for the last 4 nights. pr icks. what an international break this has been.

I love England too, but when you were giving it large you were wrong (not bannable imo, just wrong). England were rubbish for 58 minutes against Germany. Then Vardy came on.

we were incredibly good in germany. vardy's goal was superb and heroic.

No and yes. We were good through the middle, and good when we carried on going forward having got within 35 yards of goal, which only happened about twice before JV came on.

fast forward to last night and it was different. sturridge was awful. static forwards don't ever work. he just stood around and it meant we had nothing to play with going forward, despite vardy's best efforts. vardy was our best forward and drinkwater was our best midfielder so can't complain i guess. shame the result and performance was a bit shit but it's been a promising and interesting international break.

Sturridge had the odd moment, but mostly looked way off match fit. Barkley was off form, Milner was dogshit, Walcott worse. Rose should have conceded two pens and probably been sent off, and Stones is not (yet) a centre half of international quality. DD was superb, and Vardy excellent first half, and still our greatest threat in the second. All around, great for Leicester, good test run for England (if Woy learns from it).

if john stones starts against russia i'll kill myself. the single most incredibly bad, frustrating and overrated player of our generation at least. i don't think he's EVER (?) played well. it took a while for people to realise i was right in claiming he was rubbish. it has taken everton about 18 months to drop him for jagielka ffs and i pray to god england get rid asap. when i find that thread were i said he was shit and a few people said he was "phenomenal" and "the best young defender for generations" i am gonna lols real hard.

Stones is in poor form, and focusing on the wrong things. He should be playing extra solid, and cut out the fancy stuff until he is defending well. He is way too immature for England, and it shows how poor our defence is that this is who we have to depend on, but give it 2 years, especially if he moves club, and he'll get there, lols notwithstanding...

The more I see Hodgsons reaction at Vardys goal against Holland, the more I ****ing hate the bloke. It's bad enough he has to ask who scored the goal, but his face when he is told it's Vardy. "Oh ok." Sorry Roy, Vardys here to stay you tit.

I don't know which I loathe more, cameras everywhere or cod-psychoanalysis and lip-reading

Hardly takes much lip reading or analysis when they deliberately showed a close up of his massive head and his reaction.

Even when Vardy's scored for us there's always been that awkward look on his face and I've always wondered if I'm reading too much into things, but that reaction the other night, sorry, I'm not having it, that was instinctive "fvck sake he's scored" and I think it's because he's now more likely to have to make a decision between him or Rooney.

Will come across as paranoid but doubt I'm wrong.

Even when Vardy's scored for us there's always been that awkward look on his face and I've always wondered if I'm reading too much into things, but that reaction the other night, sorry, I'm not having it, that was instinctive "fvck sake he's scored" and I think it's because he's now more likely to have to make a decision between him or Rooney.

Vardy will never start ahead of a fit Rooney while Hodgson is in charge.

Exactly. I've always got the impression Hodgson has included Vardy because otherwise he would be heavily criticised. Atleast he can say he's done it and Vardy hasn't performed. The problem is, Vardy is performing and now Woy has a bigger dilemna.

It's hard to be absolutely sure - if you look at Roy's reaction to the Kane goal against Germany the man shows no positive response then either.

I think it's easy to believe the Vardy contempt theory though given his past comments about him and given that it's hard to find any videos of the man celebrating a Vardy goal at all. 

Hodgson picked Vardy in the summer after he'd scored five goals for a team who were absolute trash for most of the season. He doesn't have a vendetta against him ffs

This should be the most enjoyable season ever but i when read the threads on here and read the rabid over reactions and crackpot conspiracy theories my heart sinks.

I have thought the same as many that woy isn't ever going to pick our vardz in a competitive game, I have been thinking he has played vardy because he has to, so he avoids criticism.

The above is my personal thought however, someone touched upon it above, woy picked vardy, I recall a thread on here where even our own fans thought he has no chance of a call up, yet woy called him up. He has given him an opportunity and vardy has taken the opportunities given to him, that is all he can do.

It is up to woy now

This should be the most enjoyable season ever but i when read the threads on here and read the rabid over reactions and crackpot conspiracy theories my heart sinks.

This is true. The Do They Mean Us thread is especially sickening, people trawling forums looking for something to get upset about.

This is true. The Do They Mean Us thread is especially sickening, people trawling forums looking for something to get upset about.

Should be ashamed.

Drinkwater just been given a boost for the euros perhaps? Henderson looking like a possible long term injury according to Klopp

I think it's now been described as minor ligament damage, I'm not an expert so I don't know how serious that is lol

I think it's now been described as minor ligament damage, I'm not an expert so I don't know how serious that is lol

2/3 months usually. Depending how severe if it's the lowest form then only 4/6 weeks but usually 2/3 months!

Got to remember Jack Wilshire is coming back aswell.

Archived