Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

I think most people are overreacting. It was a friendly, and we learned plenty, which is kind of the point. Particularly:

Danny Rose is a liability. He was good in Berlin, but c/should have been sent off for the first penalty he (didn't) concede, and was caught out of position too often. Sub at best, purely through lack of options.

Smalling looked good, and calming.

Stones is not ready for international games yet. Sub through lack of options.

Lallana was ok. In the absence of Gray (j/k) he can do a job.

Drinkwater is completely at home for England. It's quick promotion, but given our other central (not attacking) mids, I think even the neutral will put him on the plane.

Walcott and Milner have booked themselves the summer off-utter dross tonight.

Sturridge is not match ready. Thought he was half decent but clearly not up to speed. Third choice behind Kane and Vardy.

Vardy is right at home up front. International class, and should start.

Yeah, we lost a friendly. Not the point. Some players stood up, some were mixed, others were really poor. The real test is whether Woy learns from it, and picks his 23 accordingly...

That is some international quality bollocks you're talking there matey. God help you if you'd ever seen Ferdinand at this age...

just go back a year on this forum. DD, Schlupp, Vardy, Morgan.Should ever wear a foxes shirt ever again.

Says alot about some posters and terraces experts, who scribe their posts on here.

2 million watch a game live from v the terraces or on the tv, 2 million different opinions.

eg. I reckon Stones has potential, and if he recognises he has to up his game , and learn

from his really big mistakes and find his discipline for doing the obvious.

Lallana and Barkley we need their magic moments, but we need them to read the moment

better.Dier and Ali 1st choice.

Dont know if others agree, but we know Rooney WILL GO, so I would play

Vardy Kane together with Rooney sitting just behind.

Not too sure if we should play any out n out wingers.

Would love then to see Dier in front of the defence, then Ali with Drinkwater.

I think most people are overreacting. It was a friendly, and we learned plenty, which is kind of the point. Particularly:

Danny Rose is a liability. He was good in Berlin, but c/should have been sent off for the first penalty he (didn't) concede, and was caught out of position too often. Sub at best, purely through lack of options.

Drinkwater is completely at home for England. It's quick promotion, but given our other central (not attacking) mids, I think even the neutral will put him on the plane.

Sturridge is not match ready. Thought he was half decent but clearly not up to speed. Third choice behind Kane and Vardy.

Yeah, we lost a friendly. Not the point. Some players stood up, some were mixed, others were really poor. The real test is whether Woy learns from it, and picks his 23 accordingly...

You really think Milner isn't going to be in the 23? I'd be amazed if he wasn't.

Good post..

Stones has great potential but should be playing for the u21s whilst learning his craft. I don't expect woy to take him this summer.

Stones has great potential but should be playing for the u21s whilst learning his craft. I don't expect woy to take him this summer.

He will definately take him. Not for the sake of the lads career (clearly isn't ready) but because Chelsea offered £40m for him, so he must be great...

Drinky looked shackled to me... He wasn't really up and down... And misplaced a few passes.

I think in a more serious game he will perform better as half the players today didn't seem up for it.

His job was to sit and protect the back four while Barkley and Milner were more advanced and he did the job. He'd have looked better in Milner's position with Dier behind him but to be fair we have more advanced options in midfield and Drinkwater can play the deep lying playnaker role well.

Hart

Heaton

Forster

Clyne

Smalling

Stones

Cahill

Jagielka

Bertrand

Rose

Drinkwater

Dier

Milner

Henderson

Lallana

Barkley

Alli

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

Welbeck

Sturridge.

That's 22 nailed on for me. One of Walcott, Wilshere if fit or Sterling if fit takes the last. If Sterling And Wilshere are both fit Drinkwater makes way.

Its not nice what I am about to post, but I would like to see Roy pushed into a

hard position on needing to find a couple of new faces.

3 players who are good club pl players, but Would be sort of happy if they

got EOS injuries, so no Euros.

That would be Jagielka, Henderson, Milner.

I would love us to go to this tournament, with a new mentality, carried on

the backbone of the Leicester and Spurs , no fear, and real team spirit.

Yes I still want Rooney to be there.

A suprise central defender, to be added, Smalling has got better, but Cahill is for me

lost something this season.

The choice of FBs is covered, no world class as of yet, but internationals yes.

I would like to see Wilshire have 3-5 games for Arsenal if possible before EOS,

if he is fit he goes.

Thought Drinky was really good - context is important, first intentional especially when at Wembley - he probably wanted to keep it tight, no make any mistakes, no lose the ball. Obviously he isn't going to play like his does at lcfc as he won't be comfortable yet.

And the stones criticism is unreal - a young lad trying to play the right way. Better he does that in a friendly than the euros. Everyone makes mistakes but I think it's great we have players confident enough the try it. Let's be honest Holland got lucky - came with two Lines to be compact and made it difficult for England to get any fluency

Drinky looked shackled to me... He wasn't really up and down... And misplaced a few passes.

I think in a more serious game he will perform better as half the players today didn't seem up for it.

A few? I remember one long range diagonal he overhit and perhaps one other. Out of the 100+ he made that's not bad!

I simply don't see how Dier is a better bet for that position than Drinky is.

On Hoddle- my Dad and I sat there open mouthed a few times with some of the shite coming out of his mouth last night. Drinky played a perfectly good pass forward and Sturridge was man handled off the ball:

"Drinkwater has just carelessly lost possession there"- or words to that effect.

If a few of us are picking up on it, it's obviously something. A lot of people are quick to call people out for 'looking for it' at the moment, but there are some perennial mouth runners out there when it comes to pundits on LCFC. Others like Ian Wright, for example, are the complete opposite and a joy to listen to.

For all the hatred for Hoddle out there, when asked, he said he'd start Vardy with Kane up front, as did Lee Dixon

The hatred for Hoddle is typical FT.

Hoddle gave MOTM to Drinkwater and stated Vardy should start with Kane up front.

Not bad for someone 'hated' that is it?

What Hoddle does do that pisses me off, is says weve played well, when actually we were dog turd.

Milner will be on the plane.

And the stones criticism is unreal - a young lad trying to play the right way.

I disagree.

The right way is often, as we have seen from Wes and Huth this season, to blast it out and get in position, rather than to attempt to play it out of defence every time.

Maybe he'll learn, but probably not under Bobby Martinez.

Interesting with Barkley and Stones, something I have noticed having watched Everton a few times this season, their decision making is abysmal.

This goes for the whole Everton team, not sure if it's a Martinez thing, an Everton thing or just a coincidence but no doubt they have some top draw players the two mentioned, Mirallas, deulofeu, Kone I could go on- they all show glimpses of out and out quality but then make really stupid decisions on the ball, almost selfish look at me decisions, whether it's a Hollywood pass or trying to take on one to many players they just feck it up.

No doubt man for man Everton should be at least challenging West Ham and Southampton for a top 6 spot, except they make silly decisions and are mid table with little to play for again.

And the stones criticism is unreal - a young lad trying to play the right way. Better he does that in a friendly than the euros. Everyone makes mistakes but I think it's great we have players confident enough the try it. Let's be honest Holland got lucky - came with two Lines to be compact and made it difficult for England to get any fluency

thing is though it's not like this is the first and only time john stones has completely f ucked up. if that was his one big, high profile mistake whilst trying to take on his striker as the last man, then fair enough. as you said, just a friendly, bad mistake, we move on. but it happens EVERY game. sometimes multiple times per game. he caused us unnecessary problems in the first half as well as when we conceded last night. he's clearly not learning anything and is clearly a liability.

the praise for him from the media is absolutely bizarre. completely costs us the game single handedly but he did make one half decent 20 yard pass so we must kiss his feet. he is an awful defender and his position is centre back. i couldn't give a f uck what his wrong foot passing statistics are like, there's no point keeping the ball after you've already given away a goal by being an awful defender.

Milner will be on the plane.

Maybe. But what we learned from tonight is that he's not good enough to play central mid for England, even against a scratch Holland team at home. Hodgson may choose to overlook that, but it doesn't change the clarity of the evidence from tonight. And who knows, he might surprise us all and pick on this season's form.

Archived