Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

I thought Drinkwater was steady. I did have a chuckle when he got MOTM but when I thought about it... who else exactly would have got it? Genuinely trying to be unbiased here but the only other one who came out with a lot of credit was Vardy.

Lallana was quiet other than his part in the goal.

Walker didn't have a bad game.

Sturridge was absolutely crap. Even when people think they're giving people even chances, they know they aren't. Vardy would have the shit ripped out of him if he was as bad as Sturridge was tonight. Sturridge, largely injury phone, only one real great season in the league. I think he's a talent, no disputing that, but it's funny how much blatant favouritism there is from so many 'neutrals'.

Walcott is an absolute conman.

All in all, an awful result, deserved to lose it for me against the worst Holland side of my lifetime. For all the excitement generated by Saturday, tonight went a bit of a way to undoing it. I hope Hodgson learnt something from these two games but I'm still adamant he'll line up against Russia with 4-2-3-1, with Rooney, with Wilshere playing his first game since about 2007, as we peter out to a 1-1 draw.

Not impressive.

Guest CityFan 06

These pair were good tonight for England. Drinkwater looks very good at this level, a range of good distribution, movement, spacial awareness. Subconsciously I've thought to myself before that even before his callup to the national squad, he looks like a natural at the level of international football. Vardy's energy throughout was impressive, and of course so pleased for him netting tonight. 

Yeah true, I feel like the starting line up was his starting XI for the euros against Germany. I think tonight was just a game for the fringe players just to 'have a go'

Soon as fit you know Rooney will be back in the side aswell even though it's clear we don't need him but I guess that's what happens when we have a yes man in charge rather than a football manager

I agree, Drinkwater though must have pushed his claim for the euros although I don't expect him to start (Henderson will), Vardy is a dead cert now

I still think Barkley is massively overrated.

Very occassionally he'll do something that makes a difference but generally he takes 6 or 7 touches to do what he could have done in one.

Completely agree mate. Barkley is another overrated player by the press. 1 good game in 4 not good enough on an international level

Maybe controversial, but I thought Vards shut down for the second half, very ineffective. Consoled myself that he was saving himself for the weekend. Having said that, think wd had 3 shots on target all night, and Vards had 2 of them. And as for DannyD, what a debut. Classiest player on the pitch by a mile, surely has to be named in the 23.

think leicester fans will be the only ones happy about tonight, drinky motm deservedly and vardy with his goal and looked a threat while nowhere near his best. forster, stones,  rose, walker, milner and sturridge all looked liabilities so i'm fairly happy all in all

think leicester fans will be the only ones happy about tonight, drinky motm deservedly and vardy with his goal and looked a threat while nowhere near his best. forster, stones,  rose, walker, milner and sturridge all looked liabilities so i'm fairly happy all in all

What did Forster do wrong?

I still think Barkley is massively overrated.

Very occassionally he'll do something that makes a difference but generally he takes 6 or 7 touches to do what he could have done in one.

I don't understand the love for him at all. He's far too greedy, it's all about Ross Barkley as far he's concerned.every time I watch him for England he's always trying to lookto do something himself regardless of what's available. Dele Alli is 10 times the player he is.

Archived