Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

So many idiots on Twitter slagging off Danny, saying he was the worst player on the pitch! What the hell were they watching? It breaks my heart :(

Don't worry, they don't understand football and will be happy to see the likes of Henderson, Rooney, Wilshere and Milner struggling to control a ball and pass it to the guys wearing the same shirts within 5 yards. They can do the odd flick and trick from time to time so are special players.

Hodgson tonight tried the 'Rest'.

So dont lets not go UTB (opposite to the German game ott).

Hodgson knows now we have a problem in defence.

Unlike some, I think Stones will have a future, his mistake and it was a blunder,

he should learn from it.

Milner, maybe squad but not 1st choice.

Lallana, everybodies marmite...

The Spurs bunch all must go (Walker still a ? )

Barkley, still has to make more runs especially later in the games, but must look

to lay it off more often.

I for one never expected another German performance, too many changes, but rightly so.

DDrinkwater, not yet his name on the ticket,need to see him get more games,

we need to see him with Alli and Dier.

Todays thoughts...might change before June.Plus incomplete.

3 GKs

Rose

Smalling

Clyne

Stones (oh yes)

DDrinkwater

Ali

Barkley

Dier

Vardy

Kane

A fit Rooney goes, but Sturridge Walcott, Welbeck, need a good EOS.

Still hoping, Roy might give/find a couple of more players.

Maybe Noble or Albrighton.

I dont think we need Milner or Henderson, but they will be on the plane.

Barkley had two opportunities to feed the ball through to Vards and held on to it too long. You can tell the lad hears the Everton boos every time he thinks about doing something marginally creative. Either that or what he's having for dinner later- doesn't look like little else goes round that cranium.

Forster did well but if he fancies emulating a 12 year old FIFA player pressing Y and dribbling out from the back against Vards on Sunday, you go for it Fraser...

Drinkwater at the base of the diamond is wasted IMO. He's a good passer of the ball but redundant in this respect when he's forced to sit so deep. He's an out and out 442 man, with the engine to get forward and back. Despite that, he had a good game tonight.

The thing that worried me was tactically. I couldn't see we had a game plan and when we went 2-1 down, we didn't really look like breaking a very very average Dutch team down.

I think if we do OK in the Euros it won't be because of Hodgson, it will be DESPITE him being manager. This talented bunch of players will play well sometimes..They are not bad players. But don't be fooled thats because Woy is some sort of tactical mastermind...He ain't.

Drinkwater was playing in a restricted position next to an inferior team-mate than he does with his club side. He defended well, knocked it around quickly but couldn't get forward like he normally does.

Barkley is a talent but over-rated at the same time. Not a great decision maker. I think he's worth persisting with though as that's something that'll improve with age and experience.

The likes of Milner, Walcott, Lallana etc... need to be bit-part at best.

I'll give Hodgson credit for experimenting more in these two friendlies but I still saw no obvious game plan.

Just Googled it and Woy earns €5m a year and Chris Coleman earns €260k. Bonkers!

Just think awhile at what you've written there mate. Does it make you feel a bit sick? I know it does me. What could 5m Euro buy in grassroots football? It could enable many a local team, across the country to improve their training facilities, to get more youth involved, simply to develop themselves as clubs.

5 million euro for one man. And a saggy eyed, boring old cvnt at that.

It's obscene is what it is.

Just think awhile at what you've written there mate. Does it make you feel a bit sick? I know it does me. What could 5m Euro buy in grassroots football? It could enable many a local team, across the country to improve their training facilities, to get more youth involved, simply to develop themselves as clubs.

5 million euro for one man. And a saggy eyed, boring old cvnt at that.

It's obscene is what it is.

Bet Hodgson would get what Coleman gets if he was in charge of Wales.

Wales have been less-prestigious/successful than England in tournaments etc for years, and England produces more 'quality'.

Stones cost us the game.

His problem IMO is that he is not a team player. He only thinks of himself, that's why he makes so many key mistakes. He's had his chance and failed, he should never wear an England shirt again.

Vardy's shot on target in the second half was the only decent thing I can remember. Think Struddige may have had a chance, and Kane made a little impact when he came on. On well, from lcfc's point of view, with drinky motm and vardy with a goal more than Kane in the same amount of time, it was great.

Singing the national anthem looks such hard work for England players. Sturidge struggling to get the words right. Piss poor effort as usual.

Surely you pick players to play football, not on how they sing/don't sing the national anthem?

I just can't get enthusiastic about a country where people are criticised for not bowing low enough at the Cenotaph, or not being seen to sing with enough enthusiasm at the required moment. Showing respect shouldn't be a competitive sport.

Anyway, no doubt I'm over-reacting, but I just don't like it.  :unsure:

Stones cost us the game.

His problem IMO is that he is not a team player. He only thinks of himself, that's why he makes so many key mistakes. He's had his chance and failed, he should never wear an England shirt again.

That is some international quality bollocks you're talking there matey. God help you if you'd ever seen Ferdinand at this age...

Stones cost us the game.

Not sure if serious.

Stones is 21. He will make errors. Unfortunately he plays for a clueless fraud called Martinez so therefore Stones isn't learning from his mistakes. He's not progressing. Rio Ferdinand was like that too when he was young but Alex Ferguson quickly cut that out of his game and he became a top class CB.

Archived