Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

Got an email today from 

Out This Week: The Unbelievables the Amazing Story of Leicester City’s 2015/16 Season View this email in your browser d0d1241f-b70b-41f9-96de-37de6a8229b3.jpe d29f6cf9-e1fc-466e-ae3e-4b6acc55ac7a.jpg Out This Week:
The Unbelievables: The Amazing Story of Leicester City’s 2015/16 Season
  Less than two months after their incredible Premier League title was secured, deCoubertin Books are delighted to publish ‘The Unbelievables’, the story of Leicester City’s amazing season.

Published on Thursday 30 June, The Unbelievables tells Leicester’s story as seen through the eyes of the supporters who followed them up and down the country with an increasing sense of wonder.

Author David Bevan – who has written for The Guardian and The Daily Mirror – attended every game home and away in the club’s most incredible season and chronicled the campaign as well as Leicester’s remarkable rise from relegation battlers to league leaders. 

deCoubertin Books’ founder and principal, James Corbett said: ‘The Unbelievables superbly captures the energy, the elation, the rising belief and ultimate improbability of Leicester’s ascent. It reminds me a little of Pete Davies’s Italia ’90 classic, All Played Out, and how that showed triumph in the face of skepticism and adversity but also brilliantly evoked a moment in football history.

‘This isn’t just a book for Leicester supporters, it’s a book for every fan.’

David Bevan said: ‘Leicester City fans have had nearly two months for the reality of our club's achievement to sink in and it still doesn't feel real for many of us.

‘I'm glad I captured how it felt at the time as our team achieved the unbelievable. Deep down, I think we know we can never experience anything quite like it ever again.

‘It's only a game and it was only a year, but it changed our lives. We'll always be able to look back and say we saw our team become the champions of England. It was amazing, it was surreal and it was emotional. It's the season few Leicester City fans even dreamed could have been possible. But it happened. Honest.’

The Unbelievables will be published on 30 June 2016 as a demi format jacketed softback, priced £9.99.

An eBook version is available via Amazon and will be available across other outlets, such as iTunes, later this week.

Decoubertin starting to dispatch now.

Already available to buy from Waterstones across the country. Plenty of copies in the Leicester branch but also available throughout the UK including Scotland and N. Ireland.

Any questions let me know.

Proud of you buddy.

• Like 1

My copy just arrived in NYC (of course I found myself in there right away! :P).

It's a gorgeous book-- would love to have a copy in hardcover if that's in the plans.

Well done, David; I know I'll enjoy this book for years.

Edited by The_77

My copy just arrived in NYC (of course I found myself in there right away! :P).

It's a gorgeous book-- would love to have a copy in hardcover if that's in the plans.

Well done, David; I know I'll enjoy this book for years.

Fantastic to hear mate! Thanks again for your contribution. :)

No plans for a hardback I'm afraid. I have no idea if any reprints will involve different formats. This is quite a good compromise between hardback and paperback.

Excited about the next couple of days. All I'll say is if you like it, please share it on social media. I haven't got the marketing muscle other books have got behind them but FT is my secret weapon. We're going to get it out there and get it read. Hope you all enjoy it.