Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

I'd happily buy a Scouse Fox biography - happy to crowdfund that

lol.

the book is really great man. i guessed it would be but it really is. just got to liverpool (a) only complaint so far is you didn't rewrite the result in the games we lost but never mind. can't win em all (boom boom).

lol.

the book is really great man. i guessed it would be but it really is. just got to liverpool (a) only complaint so far is you didn't rewrite the result in the games we lost but never mind. can't win em all (boom boom).

It does say we drew 1-1 with Bournemouth at home though when it actually ended 0-0.

Made you look.

Hats off to you mate this is seriously impressive stuff. Feel bizarrely proud! My copy arrived last week and will get stuck into it very soon. From a quick glance it looks the real deal.

And a very welcome surprise of a name check in the back (at least I think it's me otherwise this is quite embarrassing). Good work mate, hope all is well.

lol.

i'm sure the Arsenal loss at home was re-written at the end of that chapter? Not got any further than Man Utd at home yet.

Edited by StanSP

My only gripe is that you though Zaha diving at our place warranted a penalty. Come on, man.

Not that I want to argue with your only gripe lol but I did just say strong appeals that could have been given, not that they should have.

But fair enough. Obviously not everyone will agree with everything in there! I'm interested to hear any opinions about it really.

only way I thought it could be any better was a table after each chapter showing how great we were, just a snippet next to the result/teams, but wasn't sure if there was some rights bullshit that meant that wasn't allowed.

oh and some pictures yeah. but this is coming from someone who has literally not read a book since school where all the books had pictures.

only way I thought it could be any better was a table after each chapter showing how great we were, just a snippet next to the result/teams, but wasn't sure if there was some rights bullshit that meant that wasn't allowed.

oh and some pictures yeah. but this is coming from someone who has literally not read a book since school where all the books had pictures.

Yeah, the publishers asked me to do a mini-table after each game but I just ran out of time. Was editing, proofreading and adding scores/scorers right up until the final deadline. Would have been good. Maybe one for a second edition...

Pictures would have been great too. They cost a bomb though and the publishers just couldn't afford it, which is fair enough. They fronted up a lot of cash to get the book done as it is.

Even some graphics for each game like the ones Ryan Hubbard did, or icons of some sort, would have added something but not to worry.

Not that I want to argue with your only gripe lol but I did just say strong appeals that could have been given, not that they should have.

But fair enough. Obviously not everyone will agree with everything in there! I'm interested to hear any opinions about it really.

:D But seriously mate, it's great so far :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hats off to you mate this is seriously impressive stuff. Feel bizarrely proud! My copy arrived last week and will get stuck into it very soon. From a quick glance it looks the real deal.

And a very welcome surprise of a name check in the back (at least I think it's me otherwise this is quite embarrassing). Good work mate, hope all is well.

lol Yes it's you mate!

All good cheers, hope you're well. Would be good to catch up some time. Been a while.

Yeah, the publishers asked me to do a mini-table after each game but I just ran out of time. Was editing, proofreading and adding scores/scorers right up until the final deadline. Would have been good. Maybe one for a second edition...

Pictures would have been great too. They cost a bomb though and the publishers just couldn't afford it, which is fair enough. They fronted up a lot of cash to get the book done as it is.

Even some graphics for each game like the ones Ryan Hubbard did, or icons of some sort, would have added something but not to worry.

yeah i knew pics would be stupid prices or copyrights or whatever.

takes nothing away from the piece though man it's magic.

• Like 1

[quote name="Fez of Mahrez" post="3952269" timestamp="1467782525

The main thing is to spread the word if you like it. Amazon reviews, Facebook, Twitter. Then hopefully they'll take up their option on book #2.

I've told all my foxes contacts who are not on FT

• Like 1

What if there was one of those things in the bottom corner of every page where if you flick through the entire book at once it shows Jeff Schlupp either celebrating a goal or blasting a shot into the side netting?

What if there was one of those things in the bottom corner of every page where if you flick through the entire book at once it shows Jeff Schlupp either celebrating a goal or blasting a shot into the side netting?

deffo a shout, preferably that celebration for vardy vs villa when he ran dead fast to vardy, missed him and fell over