Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

Not a clue really mate. It seems to have dipped a bit in the past few days. It's difficult to know how to get it out there really other than banging on via social media. lol

Will the club shop stock it? Noticed they had a few books in stock when I went in the other day.

Not a clue really mate. It seems to have dipped a bit in the past few days. It's difficult to know how to get it out there really other than banging on via social media. lol

Is it worth advertising in the Mercury? I'm sure a lot of older fans who have some spare time on their hands might be interested if they see it advertised in the sport section. I have no idea how much that'd cost though and whether it's worth it for you.

Is it worth advertising in the Mercury? I'm sure a lot of older fans who have some spare time on their hands might be interested if they see it advertised in the sport section. I have no idea how much that'd cost though and whether it's worth it for you.

The Merc haven't really shown any interest in it because of Tanner's book which is fair enough. I haven't got funds to advertise it myself. The publishers are exploring various things I think. The main thing is the comments on this thread though, that really has made it for me already.

No idea. I've sent a couple to the club. Need to ask the question properly really. Which ones have they got in?

One on kits and muzzy's book.

The image of the cover of your book is so good that leicester fans are instantly drawn to it. How about if you work with union fs so that the next time they do a tifo, you ask if they will include a leaflet about your book when they put stuff on each seat? I guess they would need to clear it with the club though as it is advertising

Can it be ''reviewed' in mags like When Saturday Comes? A positive review,which this book deserves, would push it beyond Foxes fans.

Lots of review copies have gone out. The editor of WSC personally asked for one apparently, which bodes well. Got to wait and see now. Fingers crossed!

The image of the cover of your book is so good that leicester fans are instantly drawn to it. How about if you work with union fs so that the next time they do a tifo, you ask if they will include a leaflet about your book when they put stuff on each seat? I guess they would need to clear it with the club though as it is advertising

Yeah, the last thing I want to do is piss the club off, would run it by them. They might love the book. We'll see...

Just finished it mate. Really enjoyed it. Have you done anything like this before?

I think the real pleasure in this book is not to be had right now, but maybe dusting it down (or re downloading it) in ten or twenty years time and reading all about the mighty boys of 2016.

Lots of review copies have gone out. The editor of WSC personally asked for one apparently, which bodes well. Got to wait and see now. Fingers crossed!

WSC usually really supportive of this kind of thing. I guess the only criticism they could give is whether or not there is enough to keep a non Leicester fan interested? For instance, would i find a blow by blow account of Blackburn's title win sufficiently engaging? I'm not having a go, but I guess it is a pretty niche audience - hopefully that niche is big enough to have made you a few quid though Fez! I suppose it is difficult to compare "our" story with anything that has gone before. The Blackburn example is kind of the nearest but it isn't really the same so hopefully enough neutrals are interested enough to want to read all about it.

I thought the match reports alternating with the various "context" chapters was really well done. Really well done mate.

• Like 2

David how about asking unionfs lads to see if they can do a tifo of the front cover assuming dave (illustrator) is good with this. Imagine the kop with the beautiful pic of wes kissing prem trophy. The words the unbelievables along the front of the kop.

As for other promo. I think social media is defo the way to go. All the people around the world interested in the leicester story. Been pushing the book for you on twitter etc. Not been to the king Richard museum yet as i am in herts and not in city but given the special exhibition on city could you get the wes pic and books displayed/sold there?