Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

Ordered this and the season review DVD off Amazon the other day. I'm only about 8 games in but the book tells the story of the season 100x better than the DVD. Love the references back to the Pearson era, League One etc. Can't wait to finish it!

Book's come in by mail today!

No clue as to when I'll find the time to read it at the moment, but i'll see to it. Need it to be done before the new season starts, would act as a perfect prequel.

Edited by MC Prussian

Received today.

Man like Birchenalls piece already got me streaming. Impressed so far

Cheers. It's been interesting to hear a few people getting emotional at the first few pages! Personally I start going at page 150 and the Chelsea-Spurs game tips me over the edge (yes, I do keep re-reading it just to make sure it happened...)

Cheers. It's been interesting to hear a few people getting emotional at the first few pages! Personally I start going at page 150 and the Chelsea-Spurs game tips me over the edge (yes, I do keep re-reading it just to make sure it happened...)

How many times have you read the book so far? ;)

Edited by Lcfc_lass10

lol I haven't actually read it cover to cover properly but I've done from various points midway through to the end three or four times. Just for the memories to be honest!

Don't blame you, you've done a cracking job. Can't put it down at the minute! Well done Fez.

• Like 1

Will 'The Unbelievables' stick as a name the same way that Arsenal team are called The Invincibles? And if it does, what does everyone think? Too cheesy?

i'm perfectly fine with it.

when we win the Champions League and everything possible, we'll just be called The Believables.

Just finished reading the book this week. Thank you Fez. Out of all the books released since we won, yours is the only one that truly encapsulates the feelings I had over the season. It will probably help me be able to enjoy the season again and again, as reality still hasn't properly sunk in yet.

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

This is a fantastic book Fez. Just reached the chapter of Tottenham (H). The background you give in these pages are superb.

I like how you talk about times in League One, the new Walkers Stadium and the club trying to fund money to keep us afloat. Then going on to discuss Pearson's great teams, promotion and more happy times. Enjoying this.

Loving the way it swaps between match reports and other little stories. Although sadly my favourite bit is the section titled Future of the Left I see what you did there!

For anyone who likes the cover art, some interesting stuff here:

https://theunbelievablesblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/qa-with-cover-art-designer-dave-williams/

Book just arrived from Amazon! I think the cover art is spot on. Makes the book standout on the shelf from others. Much more contemporary feel than you usually get with sports books.

As an aside and probably more relevant to memorabilia of the season, there is a fantastic Street artist called rob wass. He has this image of a fox that is beautiful that I've purchased. Not cheap but looks great on the wall and something I can look at everyday to bring those memories flooding back.

• Like 1