Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Iconic images from this season

JS72040348.jpg

Love the way that Vardy is so determined to score that he beats the Villa defender and almost takes him into the net.

Agreed. No matter how many times I see that goal, I wonder how he managed to beat the defenders to it. Pure determination, only a few strikers would score that goal.

CasBaJTXEAUBW7s.jpg

Such a perfectly timed photo with added meaning as we leapt over them in the league to leave them behind too.

Honestly, the moment I knew we'd win the league. Not when he scored, but when he did that.

Watch: The Year of the Fox, Leicester City's incredible season in photos and music

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: April 09, 2016

Ross Kinnaird13757369-large.jpg

Pick a cliche, any cliche. There are plenty to go round, writes Jeremy Clay.

'It's a fairytale', write the hacks from here, there and everywhere who roll up at the market each day before heading off to interview Peter Soulsby for what must be, at a rough guess, the kazillionth time.

'The team have brought romance back to football,' they gush. 'Claudio Ranieri's magical misfits are only *insert number here* cup finals from immortality'.

And yet, predictable as most of this stuff has been, who could ever tire of reading it?

In a season like no other – see? it's catching – Leicester have fired the imagination of football fans around the world. It can't be long, surely, before the Pope declares his enthusiastic support for Ranieri's tilt at the title.

Somewhere in the middle of all this gathering hullabaloo are the fans who have been there through thick and thin, and the newspaper that has been following the club since it formed.

No-one's counting their chickens, but this is our tribute to the season so far, a slideshow of photographs, set to a tune that seems to fit just so. Our advice: Put it on full screen ... and turn it up.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Watch-Year-Fox-season-Leicester-City-photos/story-29076661-detail/story.html#ixzz45LMeijXC 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Honestly, the moment I knew we'd win the league. Not when he scored, but when he did that.

It might not be the moment it convinced me that we'd win the league (I might not be convinced until I see Wes lift the trophy!)... But it is the moment when Leicester showed the world that the emperor wears no clothes and Man City's title hopes were killed.

Archived