Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It definitely peaked between 05-09 where we had a Champions League finalist for five consecutive years and seemingly took four places in the quarter finals as a given.

It did, we clearly had the best balanced teams at that time. Surprising that Chelsea didn't win the CL in that period 

Just now, Facecloth said:

How is that Barkley challenge any less dangerous than Vardy's?

And what exactly did Coleman do to warrant a yellow that Lovren didn't do to warrant a second one?

Referee bottled it.

Didn't get that either lol 

1 minute ago, Domsdad said:

Maybe we use the video of this incident in vardy's appeal

I genuinely hope they do. Vardy's tackle sandwiched by that and the Rojo one as a clear example of inconsistency

How can the laws ever be consistent, and applied consistently, when its completely a matter of interpretation rather than fact?

This is the whole issue. I posted it in the should Vardy have been sent off thread.

Vardy could have been sent off or not, and both decisions would have been correct.

Thats where the problems lie.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

My point is that Refs are not following new rules brought in at beginning of the season 

which is? I don't get what the booking has to do with the injury? 

I know there was a new rule around time to do with how long a player is allowed to get a treatment for on the pitch without having to go off.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

which is? I don't get what the booking has to do with the injury? 

I know there was a new rule around time to do with how long a player is allowed to get a treatment for on the pitch without having to go off.

If a player is fouled and hurt by an opponent who subsequently receives a yellow or red card for the challenge, the injured player may be treated on the pitch without the need to leave the field of play.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

How can the laws ever be consistent, and applied consistently, when its completely a matter of interpretation rather than fact?

This is the whole issue. I posted it in the should Vardy have been sent off thread.

Vardy could have been sent off or not, and both decisions would have been correct.

Thats where the problems lie.

But surely in retrospect you can see the difference between that and the one this evening and against Palace? Which is why they should review it and overturn Vardy's

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

My point is that Refs are not following new rules brought in at beginning of the season 

If a player is injured by being fouled and the offending player gets a yellow or red card, the injured player should stay on the pitch (unless a break or unstoppable blood injury)

It was deemed unfair that a team benefit by being a man up after committing a foul.

1 minute ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

But surely in retrospect you can see the difference between that and the one this evening and against Palace? Which is why they should review it and overturn Vardy's

Doesnt do much during the course of the game though

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

If a player is fouled and hurt by an opponent who subsequently receives a yellow or red card for the challenge, the injured player may be treated on the pitch without the need to leave the field of play.

fair enough. wasn't aware of that rule 

1 minute ago, Donut said:

Doesnt do much during the course of the game though

No I agree, but that decision has been made and the game is over. Shouldn't mean it hampers us for the next however many games though by losing Vardy

37 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Looking back on some of the sides ten years ago it's hard to say the prem has improved really

It depends on how you want to look at it.

The Premier League from 1-20 has definitely improved.

It's the 1-6 where the quality has nosedived.

Archived