Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

mate pull the other one you know the African thing isn't as prestigious as the Euros, and it comes with the added bonus that your team bus won't get pulled over by boko haram or some other group of nutters. why anyone would leave during the actual season to sweat their bollocks off in front of a crowd you'll find at tranmere is beyond me.

Well as they can't play in the euros its the next best thing. Or should football only be played in Europe and South America?

Shame we can't even get out of our world cup group. But crap teams like Nigeria and Algeria can.

Just goes to prove what a Mickey mouse nation we are. Perhaps we need to enter the AFCON .

We may win something then.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Well as they can't play in the euros its the next best thing. Or should football only be played in Europe and South America?

Shame we can't even get out of our world cup group. But crap teams like Nigeria and Algeria can.

Just goes to prove what a Mickey mouse nation we are. Perhaps we need to enter the AFCON .

We may win something then.

Yeah probs we are shite, like. not really questioning how good the teams are over there just that the competitions wank. WC in Qatar is the same for me really couldn't get me near that

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

mate pull the other one you know the African thing isn't as prestigious as the Euros, and it comes with the added bonus that your team bus won't get pulled over by boko haram or some other group of nutters. why anyone would leave during the actual season to sweat their bollocks off in front of a crowd you'll find at tranmere is beyond me.

Don't you think that this and some other responses from you are a bit racist. Calling Africa the worst place in the world and saying that you are at risk of getting attacked by the terrorist groups in any giving moment. We are not sand monkeys riding camels and holding AK 47s. It is actually a nice place to live in

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That's a long post for a pretty basic concept, and I think you have misunderstood my position.

If the hierarchy don't like his attitude they don't pick him.

As a manager I would not select players who were not totally committed, but that is their choice.

But the thing is, this the first time that most of them if not all the they decline the call. And if you are a good player and the coach actually is considering you as the main piece in his plan. You would be effecting the team.

So I guess players who play for Trinidad & Tobago and Iran and Vietnam and Angola should all just pack it in cos they're all from an irrelevant part of the world. Watch the tears of joy of the Iraqi players when Iraq won the Asian Cup and tell me the Asian Cup is irrelevant. Watch the celebrations when Ivory Coast won AFCON and tell me AFCON is a Micky mouse tournament to them. 

The snobbery is unreal. 

6 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Football doesn't begin and end in Europe. The AFCON is huge for those nations.

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

So you would not play for England in the euros because it's a no mark Mickey mouse cup.

Have you not stopped to think they maybe just as proud as any of us would be to play for our country.

in fact your whole post comes across as being very racist.

I think a large part of the issue is that AFCON is played during the domestic season, whereas the Euro's aren't. With the Euro's, players aren't missing out on playing for their club.

Imagine if AFCON was to have been last season. Would Schlupp, Amartey or Mahrez want to go over and play in AFCON, or stay and contribute to the most incredible title win in football history?

The Euro's don't force players into a position of club or country. AFCON does. The competition isn't to blame, the dates are. I highly doubt players would be refusing to play in such a competition if it fell outside of their domestic seasons.

3 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

I think a large part of the issue is that AFCON is played during the domestic season, whereas the Euro's aren't. With the Euro's, players aren't missing out on playing for their club.

Imagine if AFCON was to have been last season. Would Schlupp, Amartey or Mahrez want to go over and play in AFCON, or stay and contribute to the most incredible title win in football history?

The Euro's don't force players into a position of club or country. AFCON does.

The comments I replied to had nothing to do with when the competition is.

They were pure racist a Mickey mouse cup played in the arsole of the world. That's nothing to do with the date.

For those on here thinking Big Sam is some football magician who is a guarantee of safety in the premier league, although he did save Sunderland this was as much to do with the fact the Geordies persisted with the wally for so long during last season. Had Rafa arrived sooner, Sunderland would be in the championship right now.

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

For those on here thinking Big Sam is some football magician who is a guarantee of safety in the premier league, although he did save Sunderland this was as much to do with the fact the Geordies persisted with the wally for so long during last season. Had Rafa arrived sooner, Sunderland would be in the championship right now.

I think he is vastly overrated too and did very well to get the England job. I think he will do ok at Palace though, as they have been woefully underachieving considering their squad. Few signings in Jan and he will have them finish comfortably above relegation. They will never break the top 10 though with him as manager and say goodbye to any entertaining football there. I'd be relieved if I was a Palace fan, but also pretty depressed at the thought of the Football to come. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I think he is vastly overrated too and did very well to get the England job. I think he will do ok at Palace though, as they have been woefully underachieving considering their squad. Few signings in Jan and he will have them finish comfortably above relegation. They will never break the top 10 though with him as manager and say goodbye to any entertaining football there. I'd be relieved if I was a Palace fan, but also pretty depressed at the thought of the Football to come. 

In fairness to big Sam I genuinely think his style of football has been because of the teams he's managed. At Sunderland or West Ham (obviously especially Sunderland) the main, vital goal is to stay up. He therefore isn't going to randomly start getting them to playing tikki takka football. He plays football to get results no matter the style, simply because trying to play lovely passing football at smaller teams is a huge risk and could cost him his job. Would be interesting to see Big Sam at somewhere like Man City and see how he'd get on with whatever style of play! He did say when he became England boss there'd be none of his previous long ball shite

West Ham played good football under him.

He worked absolute wonders at Bolton and look at the state of them since he left. 

Wouldn't be my choice at Leicester as I'd like someone young with a plan in place to develop the club, like Pearson had.

On 22/12/2016 at 23:34, Sharpe's Fox said:

IoI if I were african I would be well pissed off to go to what's basically the arsehole of the world to play in some no mark Mickey Mouse cup. Even more so if I were essentially an english or french national like our players.

Terrible posts, obviously very ignorant and also at odds with the spirit of football. 

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Going on Sharpe's Fox comments about no hope teams not taking part. It's a fvcking good job we did not give up at the start of last season. lollollol

You are in a competition, and however unlikely it may seem everyone's goal should be to win it. We are going for the champions league this season that is for sure

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

what are you on about boss I never said anything about who can and can't win the thing. please reread and apologise.

I have no need to reread or apologise. Your attitude towards the AFCON says it all. It's a no hope competition so players should not take part.

My point is like many clubs we had no hope last season but took part gave it a go and won.

Just like some fans look at the league cup as a joke.

But you wont find a winning supporter saying it on the way home from Wembley.

11 hours ago, halfpipe said:

The Euro's don't force players into a position of club or country. AFCON does. The competition isn't to blame, the dates are. I highly doubt players would be refusing to play in such a competition if it fell outside of their domestic seasons.

The reason ÀFCON is played in January is because of the boiling heat in June/July. I was in Djibouti years ago and it got to 40 degrees Celsius.

Just now, Koke said:

The reason ÀFCON is played in January is because of the boiling heat in June/July. I was in Djibouti years ago and it got to 40 degrees Celsius.

Perhaps the same reason the 2022 WC is being moved from the summer.

Archived