Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

The reason ÀFCON is played in January is because of the boiling heat in June/July. I was in Djibouti years ago and it got to 40 degrees Celsius.

You realize Africa is a big continent, yes? And a large portion of it is below the equator. It actually runs right through Gabon. January is actually their hottest month.

1 hour ago, Barky said:

David Moyes loves rewriting the history books. If he wasn't "offered the job" at pretty much every club he faces, he's claiming he was going to sign Gareth Bale, Cesc Fabgregas and bring back Ronaldo to Man Utd

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38424155

So basically he's absolutely shite at getting deals over the line, and ended up with Fellaini and Mata.

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

The reason ÀFCON is played in January is because of the boiling heat in June/July. I was in Djibouti years ago and it got to 40 degrees Celsius.

That makes sense, I hadn't thought of that. It's probably quite nice for players in leagues that have a winter break that spans into February.

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

For those on here thinking Big Sam is some football magician who is a guarantee of safety in the premier league, although he did save Sunderland this was as much to do with the fact the Geordies persisted with the wally for so long during last season. Had Rafa arrived sooner, Sunderland would be in the championship right now.

13 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think he is vastly overrated too and did very well to get the England job. I think he will do ok at Palace though, as they have been woefully underachieving considering their squad. Few signings in Jan and he will have them finish comfortably above relegation. They will never break the top 10 though with him as manager and say goodbye to any entertaining football there. I'd be relieved if I was a Palace fan, but also pretty depressed at the thought of the Football to come. 

Id have to disagree personally. I think hes a good manager that gets a lot of of what hes got, similar to Pulis.

We can talk about style of play, but the style of play is what it is because of the teams they manager. Managers like Allardyce are nearly always brought in under tough circumstances to "do a job" and get the results ground out. Think he gets some unfair criticism over style personally.

On 12/23/2016 at 00:34, Sharpe's Fox said:

IoI if I were african I would be well pissed off to go to what's basically the arsehole of the world to play in some no mark Mickey Mouse cup. Even more so if I were essentially an english or french national like our players.

Arrogant, borderline racist, comment. Appalling. You should be ashamed.

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

what are you on about boss I never said anything about who can and can't win the thing. please reread and apologise.

Yeah he's the one who needs to apologise for their ill-conceived comments in this thread...

Just now, the fox said:

The big Sam effect. With old fashioned players ( big.strong and fast) he can do wonders

lol Big Sam effect.  Get in the bin.

He's had one training session, and they've not won the game yet.

There is often a bounce when a new manager comes in. I remember us doing quite well for a few weeks when Ian Holloway was appointed and look how quickly that turned to shit.

Just now, Tuna said:

lol Big Sam effect.  Get in the bin.

He's had one training session, and they've not won the game yet.

There is often a bounce when a new manager comes in. I remember us doing quite well for a few weeks when Ian Holloway was appointed and look how quickly that turned to shit.

and thats why i said the "big sam" effect. i was a little sarcastic, but the thing about old  fashioned players is true. he knows how to get the best out of them

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Craig Pawson had another bad game apparently. Issued 11 cards in the Burnley v Boro game.

And the no accountability for referees continues. Either Burnley-Boro is considered a demotion these days or the PL just don't care when their refs perform poorly. It's a bit of a joke the protectionism they have.

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Craig Pawson had another bad game apparently. Issued 11 cards in the Burnley v Boro game.

Doesnt mean the referee was necessarily bad. Perhaps the players were being twats. If they were whats he supposed to do? let yellow card tackles go?

The "its my first one" line you hear on a sunday, lip read on the tv makes me laugh. So what if its your first one, if its worthy of a booking youre in the book and you should learn to tackle.

Archived